It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody got a potted meat recipe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenceOfSilence

You could also make it into pasties.

You’ll need to find a nice pastry recipe because I use frozen pre rolled pastry.

1 tin of spam
1 parsnip
1 sweed
8 carrots
8 potatoes
Salt n pepper
Splash of westishire sauce
Splash of tomato sauce
a pinch of sugar

Dice or grate vegetables however you prefer.
break /crumble the spam apart so it resembles mince .
add to vegetables and other ingredients.
Squeeze out excess juice from mixture.
Using a saucer place it on the pastry and cut out a circle.
Spoon the mixture onto the pasty circles and fold over, seal the edges with a fork.
Brush with milk and bake.

Note: you can add peas or use any vegetables you have at hand.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

This sounds very close to a thing we call "Pasties" minus a few ingrediants and add some others.
What is a sweed? never mind, i'll google it
just never heard of a sweed.
My Dad used to make pasties at home and there used to be a place called "The Pastie Shack" in Sacramento, good stuff.
Potatoes, meat, (any but commonly beef) onions, spices rolled into a pie crust dough.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

This one sounds good and may actually be able to modified to use the potted meat instead of spam.

I may have to give it a try.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
After reading the replies I'm almost afraid to admit it but I like potted meat. The only way I've ever eaten it though is turning it into a sandwich spread. I generally use whatever I have on hand like mustard or mayo, any number of spices, chopped onion, chopped pickles or pickle relish, chopped boiled eggs if I have 'em.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
MY father used to eat it mixed with Miracle Whip and pickle relish. Then on Crackers or toast.
That's what he did, really.
I never ate it...
There are a few references to it in the movie "Slingblade", by the way

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hate to resurrect a year+ old thread, but my local CARRS store just stocked some potted meat. First time I've had it in a few years. The stuff is among my favorite junk foods simply spread onto cheap plain white bread. Add some spray cheese and you've got something words cannot describe.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenceOfSilence

Spam gets a lot of flak that it doesn't deserve. All it is is ham leg in a can with gel to keep it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i only eat potted meat one way.... on saltine crackers with dill pickle slices.

i need to buy some more, makes a great snack!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541This sounds very close to a thing we call "Pasties" minus a few ingrediants and add some others.
What is a sweed? never mind, i'll google it
just never heard of a sweed.

I think you guys call it rutabag and it is spelt Swede

As to potted meat, I think it is like what we call corned beef. I like it mixed with boiled rice. But if you cant stand the taste, get some curry paste and mix it with that. The chilli idea sounds good too.
edit on 4/12/12 by Cinrad because: .

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Maybe this is a little late, too, but good food is never out of season. I use potted meat to make manicotti and it really turns out tasty. I call it "Potticotti," and you mix the potted meat with grated Parmesan cheese, a little basil and powdered garlic, mix it all up real well and stuff the noodles with it. Top with a good pasta sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese and bake until browned. Trust me, it's not what you're thinking - it really does taste good.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Unless it's homemade potted meat, the canned products are usually too salty for my tastes. The flavor's not that bad but the saltiness is overwhelming (to me). On the rare occasions I do eat canned potted meat, I either mask and cut the salt overdose with something uber spicy (like pickle relish or horseradish) or something completely bland (like hard-boiled eggs or cream cheese).

Googled potted meat recipes and got this

Hope that helps.
edit on 28-1-2014 by whitewave because: google search

top topics

<< 1   >>

join