It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO sighting when I was a child

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
When I was a child of about 10 years old I was up in the Rocky Mountains camping with family. I was walking a dog with a younger cousin of mine when I noticed a white ball/orb moving horizontally, perfectly straight at a constant speed. After a few seconds it continued its path and disappeared behind a mountain top. At first I thought it was one of those white balls that are attached to power lines so planes to not fly into them, but then I realized how big it would have been in comparison to the trees on the mountain top. I would estimate that it was about 30 feet diameter. Does this sound like it could have been a weather balloon? Would a weather balloon fly perfectly horizontal and would they have one flying around a mountain top??

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewrongpath
When I was a child of about 10 years old I was up in the Rocky Mountains camping with family. I was walking a dog with a younger cousin of mine when I noticed a white ball/orb moving horizontally, perfectly straight at a constant speed. After a few seconds it continued its path and disappeared behind a mountain top. At first I thought it was one of those white balls that are attached to power lines so planes to not fly into them, but then I realized how big it would have been in comparison to the trees on the mountain top. I would estimate that it was about 30 feet diameter. Does this sound like it could have been a weather balloon? Would a weather balloon fly perfectly horizontal and would they have one flying around a mountain top??

A weather ballon could fly perfectly horizonal if it were in a draft moving that way as you can see balloners hit these drafts and ride them, but I don't think the odds are that it was one.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thewrongpath

That is a very interesting story with a simple Debunk.

What time of year was it? What season and what kind of weather. If you know the exact date, please tell me. Do you know the exact location of the sighting? If you can, I need some coordinates.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I had seen a similar looking thing more recently i.e in the month of March.I had also started a thread on that and
I got replies that it was indeed a UFO.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have seen a "ufo" when I was younger.
I debunked it myself.. I was near a "massive" air force base. Although this was nothing like anything we had ever seen before.
This was a black triangle with 3 orange/yellow lights under. Not the normal blue/red that normal planes have.
3 of use had seen it at the same time. But as I said, I had decided it was just an airforce plane...

(It may not be
)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It was in Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada. It would have been probably July or August. I have created a photoshop image that almost perfectly looks exactly what I saw. You will notice the white dot it may have been 40 or 50 feet even not sure but this picture looks about right.

reply to post by JR0D51

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thewrongpath

That is a really cool picture. Sometimes things like this should just be left unanswered.

top topics

join