It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belated intro - hello ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Apparently I broke protocol, but better late than never...my name's Steve. Heads up, this is just an intro about me so I'd not like to see this thread get into any debate if possible - we can do that elsewhere later

I'm into all things weird, unorthodox, or unexplained (love the Mysterious Universe podcast and finally got myself a plus membership this week). This leaves me as an eternal devil's advocate and usually considered to heretical by most groups on one level or another.

I'm a christian, but have issues with the organized faith as it's developed - I think a lot of christians and the churches they inhabit are off-track as far as the biblical basis of the faith. They've adopted pagan traditions, have drifted from what I've determined are the humble, forgiving, and pacifist guidelines espoused by Yahushua (Jesus). I tend to not go to church services often anymore and just live as best I can based on what I read in the bible.

I love science and don't have a hard time reconciling it with my faith, as I see it merely as the laws of god at work in the physical world - but I also have gripes with the scientific community as I feel it's become overly politicized, bureaucratic, and censored, and I believe the paradigm currently ruling our scientific community is short-sighted and misinterprets many things, as well as back-shelving inconvenient information, artifacts, or dissenting opinions.

I'm a libertarian politically, but not as far as the full-fledged ideology goes (still a newling as far as the depths of political ideologies go) - I believe that as a US citizen, our founding documents (US constitution, declaration of independence) are the highest law of my land and obviate any later laws hostile to life, liberty, or the pursuit of property/happiness. This country was founded on liberty and the protection of individual rights, so we are free to do as we will as long as our choices don't impact the liberty or free action of others.

I don't read much fiction, but the bit I do is usually fantasy or science fiction - favorite authors are David Eddings, Orson Scott Card, Robert Jordan (and now Brandon Sanderson). Non-fiction reading is usually new & current events, alternate topics, science, and political.

My alternate interests run the gamut - I'm into the UFO phenomena (which I interpret as inter-dimensional/'spiritual', and not extraterrestrial biologicals), lost societies/alternate ancient history (I believe there is more than enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that there's a LOT of history we don't know, or simply aren't being told), cryptozoology, government cover-ups of certain things, 'ghosts'/spirits, and the power of the mind to interact directly with reality on certain levels.

I'm still trying to get back on my no-smoking quit and tend to drink too often - but I blame the world for impeding my calm, so it's obviously not my fault.

I've enjoyed my experience here at ATS so far, and look forward to seeing what more we can all find out or clear up together in the days to come. Everyone be safe out there!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Even though we have already conversed here. Hello and welcome. I hope you have and will continue o enjoy your time here.

That is all

Trowa

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I would sincerely recommend you to read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below. The book explains all the secrets about how to become a truly good person, opening your third eye, developing supernormal powers(inborn powers) etc etc.

The book was a bestseller in China during the 90s and then the communists banned it and started their terrible persecution of 100 million Falun Dafa practitioners(as you may realize the reasons of that persecution are no coincidence either, we live during the end of times as we know them, in my opinion, and Falun Dafa has a massive role to play during this age, as Nostradamus and others predicted) ages ago.

I can tell you that I believe the bible talks about Elijah(E-Li-God) as the Son-of-Man coming out of the east with superior teachings at the end of times as we know them. Furthermore Elijah is supposed to be persecuted by the "great red dragon(CCP in China?..). The book Zhuan Falun is written by Li Hongzhi and he comes from China.. Please read it.

In my opinion this is the most important book published since this civilization began 5000 years ago.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

join