It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Billion People to Watch Royal Wedding

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

The main question here would be.....Who cares?

The main aswer would be. We do!! Why? Because as usual the feeble British public are paying for these idiots get married. Ok that's lovely, Willy and Katey get married. How much money we got left in our savings hun? Well just enough to buy a pair of second hand shoes for our kids to share!

About time our murderous, Illuminati and treasonous monarchy paid for some sh*t themselves!! Apart from the fact that katey and willy share the same bloodlines!!!!!!

Down With The Royal Family!!!!!! Off with their heads!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Personally i'm looking forward to watching the anarchists again.

Much more entertaining than the royals.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

Also not forgetting the double time pay as its bank hols

Im not even gonna be watching it and i will benefit from double time wages nice.

Prince wills is an ok chap a far better choice to be King than his father imo. Kate is also pretty fit so thats a bonus to have a fit Queen.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just because some dude says 2 billion people are going to watch this, does not mean it is true.
Do not believe everything you read or see. I am surely not one of those "2 billion" people.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hessling,

Wait have to pull up my word pad like any good writer/journalist who can't spell well would do, since I have been informed of my shortcomings.

Ok, now I have the word pad, copied and pasted so that maybe I won't be jumped on for my input.

I completely agree with you. Not only that, it is with someone who, in my opinion is simply a gold digger…before any one gives me a ration, you have your opinions I have mine. That is the beauty of the 1st Amendment and since I am living in the States that is my platform and I am sticking to it.
She puts on a good front but it not what is being said but what is not being said. What she is and is not doing and how far she is pushing things. Most won’t see that because, “Oh my, Dianna’s son is getting married, isn’t his bride to be so wonderful?”
Had Dianna been able to be here, I am sure she would have been as dignified as she always was, however I am sure this wedding would not have taken place. This person engaged to the Royal family is not as she appears and until it is shown by her own hand, and what she will do to that young man that is set for the throne for the whole world to see.
I agree, I have said from the first time I saw them together, in no way shape or form would I support or watch this horrific move of the Royal Family not intervening and saying, “No, this is not a good idea.”
Heaven help them if children come before the time of the exposure of the beast entering the Royals home.

Ainge

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wonder if she will end up like dianna. Maybe another car crash, or perhaps, something less dramatic. Watch your back girl. You entering in the pit of snakes and they all venomous. 2 billion people to watch. First of all, they do not know exactly how many people will be viewing. All we do know is that they paid out so much money to t.v peoples that it is absolutely sickenning. I suppose it will be on almost every channel. You know what, I do not really care. Parading around like you better than everyone else. No, i will not bow to you either. It sickens me the amount of money spent to watch this. They could of used the money to help the poor somewhere. I cain't wait to see the dress when it goes on sale. Sick, just sick, how greedy peoples are. I wonder what they told the bride about what happened to dianna.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I cannot understand how the english people can tolerate this situation . Mankind is supposed to be going forward and there is still a monarchy ? Even if it's "cosmetic" ? How does it feel watching the " Royal" family leading a good life while hard working honest people eat s**t ? I am not even english and i am very mad at this .

Sooner or later it is inevitable that this farce will end . Will it be when times look grimmer ( economical crisis or god knows what) or when the people realize that they are being mocked ?

2 billion people watching the "royal" wedding confirms that many people have reached the bottom of the "intellectual" barrel . 2 billion people will be watching the royal wedding instead of doing something useful , not realizing how short life is .

( I am really sorry for any grammar mistakes etc i made )

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deriuqer
I cannot understand how the english people can tolerate this situation . Mankind is supposed to be going forward and there is still a monarchy ? Even if it's "cosmetic" ? How does it feel watching the " Royal" family leading a good life while hard working honest people eat s**t ? I am not even english and i am very mad at this .

Sooner or later it is inevitable that this farce will end . Will it be when times look grimmer ( economical crisis or god knows what) or when the people realize that they are being mocked ?

2 billion people watching the "royal" wedding confirms that many people have reached the bottom of the "intellectual" barrel . 2 billion people will be watching the royal wedding instead of doing something useful , not realizing how short life is .

( I am really sorry for any grammar mistakes etc i made )

I agree with your sentiments, but there's not much we can do but protest, and even then our more teeth-gnashing, table thumping conservative types will just label us all hooligans or trouble-makers if we dare question this event.

But, by the sounds of things - There's going to be a shed-load of people protesting, then there's going to be anarchists trying to disrupt the wedding and then some angry muslim types have also said they're not happy, and then on top of that we've got the EDL threatening to pick fights with anyone who tries to disrupt it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I see a lot of negative posts, and I understand why people feel that way.

On the other hand, there has been -so- much doom and gloom in the news lately, I figure something a bit more positive deserves some press, if for no reason other than to give us some relief from all the dark storm clouds gathering!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I had no idea they were even getting married. I don't see how it's logically possible for 2 billion people to care enough at all to watch something like this. I honestly foresee the only people watching this to be the Brit's themselves. God Save the Queen and all.

What's the deal with British loyalty to the crown anyways? I'm pretty sure they do pretty much nothing for anyone else in this world anyways, besides act as figureheads for undeserved praise and riches. Can someone please explain to me why anyone cares?
edit on 10-4-2011 by BobbyPeru because: typos

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I live in the same city and personally I think it's nice he is getting married.....it just means I get paid double for working that day.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I will not be the "supposed" 2 Billion ................ I care not for the airy, fairy c**p.

As stated ....Japan, Libya, Iraq, Egypt...etc., far more important things going on as to watch the Royal wedding on TV

edit on 10-4-2011 by vesta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Come on guys, what ever happened to tradition?

Im English and proud, NWO and Europe have claimed most of what we believed in, dont let them take this, remember good old Elizabeth? The lady who took on the spanish armada? Have some respect

edit on 10-4-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by Sinny because: typos

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It is nice loving your country's history but it is foolish to let one take advantage of it , you ,all. What have they done besides buying golden toilet paper and eating from silver spoons ? What good have they done for your country , your family,yourself ?!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Mmmmmmmmm and they respect us?? We are a number NI nothing more, nothing less.......Nomad comes to mind

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think people just like to watch something ceremonial involving something bigger than themselves
no, the couple is not some sort of deity, they are basically nobodys in the large picture, but the royalty is a pretty big deal overall in the mindsets of people.

you may not understand it, but consider the shows that attract attention. MTV Cribs, Who wants to be a millionare, etc...we are fascinated with decadence and excess.

There is also the traditional thing. the royal bloodline has passed down from generation to generation, back to the roots of the english empire and the founding of what is arguably the world culture (Sorry America,..its actually an english culture we decorate)

I may catch a glimpse, mostly to see the cathedral and the neat costumes. I also don't fault england for having massive attention and nationalistic pride...over in the states, we hold mega gatherings for movie stars, red carpets for even half decent actors and such...no doubt we will have plenty of haters here whom are envious that we don't have a royalty to honor (no, Brad and Angelina don't count)

Anyhow, there ya have it...its honoring a part of history and symbol of the past and even a tiny bit of hope and pride for the future.

The british should cheer their symbols..living heritage.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deriuqer
It is nice loving your country's history but it is foolish to let one take advantage of it , you ,all. What have they done besides buying golden toilet paper and eating from silver spoons ? What good have they done for your country , your family,yourself ?!

What has a flag done for a country? What has a symbol done for any country

nothing and everything..pride is something you do not have to measure in material, its something you have in your heart and mind.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'll most likely watch it, or at least catch the replays later (it'll be really early in the morning if I catch it live).

I really don't see why some people get so worked up over people watching it. If people watch it, they do. If they don't, then they don't. Its really no different than most reality shows or sports games. The only major difference is that this is more historical and ceremonial, and isn't seen every day. Worldwide, I'm sure the numbers for this won't be much different than the numbers for the various World Cups.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'd laugh if she said no.

That would be the troll of the century from Ms Middleton.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I wonder if she will end up like dianna. Maybe another car crash, or perhaps, something less dramatic. Watch your back girl. You entering in the pit of snakes and they all venomous. 2 billion people to watch. First of all, they do not know exactly how many people will be viewing. All we do know is that they paid out so much money to t.v peoples that it is absolutely sickenning. I suppose it will be on almost every channel. You know what, I do not really care. Parading around like you better than everyone else. No, i will not bow to you either. It sickens me the amount of money spent to watch this. They could of used the money to help the poor somewhere. I cain't wait to see the dress when it goes on sale. Sick, just sick, how greedy peoples are. I wonder what they told the bride about what happened to dianna.

So, ask me, how or where did they get the funds to pay off so many channels all over the world to air this stuff? That stuff just sickens me. I cain't wait till the poperazzi get a hold on this and behind the scenes, JUICY stuff.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join