It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Billion People to Watch Royal Wedding

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
OK,

No wonder we are depressed as a race.

To you two people who brought the negatives roaring down upon us yet again...

Do you have any great ideas about saving the planet and the endangered animals, and fixing the problems?

Or are you just into bashing?

The solutions to our problems dont require 2 billion tuning into watch 1 couple, very normal couple get married and throwing billions of pounds at it. I know this for a start. What we are doing is saying that some humans have more value than others. It is this mentality that gives us many of the problems in the world.

You enjoy yourself, enjoy the big day, take your mind off the problems, marvel at Kate's dress, swoon over the important VIP's attending the event, remark on how handsome William is. Get the bunting out and celebrate. Just don't expect everyone to do and feel the same.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Reading through this thread, i see mostly delusional peope who think the royal family are witches and that its all created for something big and bad to happen, seriously people get a grip and come back to reality!

2.5 Billion people watched Dianas Funeral and they predict 2 Billion will watch the wedding, i have a lot of friends around the world, lots in Turkey, some in China and a few in the US and they have all told me they are excited about the wedding, so are their friends and relatives, the Royal Family have done a lot for this country, the queen has worked hard all her life and Britain makes a bomb from tourism, because of things like Buckingham palace and all the stuff that goes with it.

This forum is mostly filled with arm chair experts that live in their parents basement, they probably dont understand a whole lot about real life and they only live for conspiracy theories.

You people have no idea what your talking about, The wedding will not be paid by the taxpayer, the only thing the taxpayer will pay for are things like policeing and security which is the norm for ANY big event.
So like i said, you got no idea what your talking about, please go back in your basement.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I am not saying some people are more important than others.

Do you put down all movie stars the way you put down the royals?

I will not be into the dress, I will not be into William.

I will just be watching a tv programme that will be historically important.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I concur.

It is easy for cynics from the UK (and outside the UK) to blabber on about this Wedding and trail their disaffected woes and beliefs, but this is a significant Royal wedding because Prince William is a future Head of State. If you shed your antiestablishment tendencies and just celebrate the pomp and ceremony of the day you may actually be uplifted.

If you are not from the UK and don’t like the way the UK Government works (a constitutional monarchy / parliamentary democracy) then stop complaining because it is not relevant to you. You probably have a President (or similar) in power who you don’t like, so direct your wrath at him/her. If you are from the UK and consider yourself a republican then consider the alternatives to this, but do it on the day off from work the Wedding is giving you.

EDIT to add that Prince William is a future Head of State (as king) to the UK and a large number of other nations.

Regards

edit on 10/4/2011 by paraphi because: correct spelling

edit on 10/4/2011 by paraphi because: edit as shown

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I am not saying some people are more important than others.

Do you put down all movie stars the way you put down the royals?

I will not be into the dress, I will not be into William.

I will just be watching a tv programme that will be historically important.

I just dont believe the royals to be very spectacular. Some movie stars deserve praise because they have a natural talent. a talent for acting that not everyone can posses. The royals have no special talents they are just an ordinary family, yet are held in high regard around the globe for no other reason than they are royals.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

prince william is the anti christ.

heard it here first

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

True.

But William came to our disasters.

He came to OZ and NZ - our earthquakes and our floods.

And he was so lovely to everyone.

William did not ask to be born royal, he just was. But he is making a good job of it.

Let's support him.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
*squeal*
April 29th is circled on my calander
*squeal*
Did ya see who won on Idol?
*squeal*
*squeal*

Huh? You mean there's something going on in the Middle East? Isn't that near Narnia? I dunno. I don't watch Star Trek.

Okay, seriously, probably won't watch it. Been rather busy with the whole war thing and all.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I dont have any problems with William or Kate as people, in fact they look like a nice couple. I wish them happiness. But I have trouble in supporting the concept of a Royal Family because it goes against many of the things I stand for. I know for the most part they are just figure heads and have little in the way of power nowadays, but it is still an institution based upon hereditary entitlement that I vehemently disagree with.

I like to try and look at things sometimes without historical perspective and wonder how in 2011 we still have a family who have so much privilege based on a concept of the divine right of kings. Meaning their right to rule is granted by god, a god i do not believe in.

I can't just go along with it and if that makes me anti establishment then so be it.

Have a good one.
edit on 10-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Well,

We agree again, wood.

All people are equal, but some people are more equal than others.

OK, it is all crap, but let's enjoy Williams's wedding, and wish him luck, because he is a great guy and Kate seems to be great as well.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i see several of monarch loving sheep here defending her majestic ruler...

They just show us over and over again that their money and wealth and Power! Is actually enough to fix our world.

But they used it on their self...

And you silly old generation brainwashed people still adore them ..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

He probably means that the event will be broadcast live and people will have the chance to watch, why anybody would take this "opportunity" is beyond me, he's my future king and I'm sure I'll have something better to do than watch a couple of strangers getting married.

Whenever you see one of these "watched by x billion" quotes it always means they just add up the population from the countries the event is broadcast live in, take the Superbowl and the UK, our pop is roughly 60 mill but only a couple of hundred thousand watched the Superbowl but on the adverts they count the 60 mill towards the claimed 2 billion viewers, it helps make the event seem popular and a must watch.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Would you guys watch it if there was a live terrorist attack on the wedding? Would be more watchable then? More exciting? less boring?

just asking.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Yes, Frank,

That is what they would like.

Are they sick or what?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

OK,

No wonder we are depressed as a race.

To you two people who brought the negatives roaring down upon us yet again...

Do you have any great ideas about saving the planet and the endangered animals, and fixing the problems?

Or are you just into bashing?

Can you get back on topic, we were talking about one type of animal, and the the last time i looked, fat rich people feasting off society weren't endangered animals, look around there are plenty of them.

And to answer your off topic question, yes i do have many great ideas on saving the planet but i wouldn't share them with someone that loves and respect the royals that feast off humanity.
On topic...
I have to wonder how much this elegant gathering of greedy fats pigs will cost the common Brit?????????????
Well........ im my books even a pound is way to much.
You all that keep looking up to the scum like this make me sick

What has any of these pompus asses ever done except take steal money from everyones wallet for another lavish party
Dont bother to answer, i will do that, the answer is the royals haven't done anything and as soon as women stop believing in fairy tales about how price charming will sweep you off your feet only then will humans realise that these people are the biggest welfare recipiants on the the planet.
Once women realise that prince charming isnt coming to marry YOU,will only then humanity be free of this crap.
Prince charming isnt coming for YOU. Do you get it???

Ps . If my spelling is bad , well its because that our governments are paying for these type of parties, and........
well they have stolen my edumacation

So while you cellarbrate, just remember the billions in the world that are suffering,because i know i will be thinking of them
edit on 10-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by meathed because: The royals STOLE MY EDUMACATION.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Watch a silver spoon fed boy marry some chick? Nah, not me. I couldn't care less about people that consider themselves royal

Sad that a lot of other people in this day and age still believe it too....

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
^ U Jelly?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

True.

But William came to our disasters.

He came to OZ and NZ - our earthquakes and our floods.

And he was so lovely to everyone.

William did not ask to be born royal, he just was. But he is making a good job of it.

Let's support him.

Other than costing tax payers in devastated areas more money, WHAT DID HE DO?????

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Reading through this thread, i see mostly delusional peope who think the royal family are witches and that its all created for something big and bad to happen, seriously people get a grip and come back to reality!

2.5 Billion people watched Dianas Funeral and they predict 2 Billion will watch the wedding, i have a lot of friends around the world, lots in Turkey, some in China and a few in the US and they have all told me they are excited about the wedding, so are their friends and relatives, the Royal Family have done a lot for this country, the queen has worked hard all her life and Britain makes a bomb from tourism, because of things like Buckingham palace and all the stuff that goes with it.

This forum is mostly filled with arm chair experts that live in their parents basement, they probably dont understand a whole lot about real life and they only live for conspiracy theories.

You people have no idea what your talking about, The wedding will not be paid by the taxpayer, the only thing the taxpayer will pay for are things like policeing and security which is the norm for ANY big event.
So like i said, you got no idea what your talking about, please go back in your basement.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

This wedding will not be paid for by the taxpayer?

The 'only thing' you refer to as being paid by the tax payer, happens to amount to around £20m. Then you have to look at what the Queens 'personal' wealth actually means. She takes around £50m a year from the tax payers in this country. Her entire portfolio of investments that earn her huge sums of money have been stolen - not paid for - through history.

If your argument was that the Royal Family more than pay for their handouts through tourism and trade benefits then at least you would have a basis for an argument. To suggest though that the UK tax payer is not footing the bill is laughable.
edit on 10/4/2011 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I dont have any problems with William or Kate as people, in fact they look like a nice couple. I wish them happiness. But I have trouble in supporting the concept of a Royal Family because it goes against many of the things I stand for. I know for the most part they are just figure heads and have little in the way of power nowadays, but it is still an institution based upon hereditary entitlement that I vehemently disagree with.

I like to try and look at things sometimes without historical perspective and wonder how in 2011 we still have a family who have so much privilege based on a concept of the divine right of kings. Meaning their right to rule is granted by god, a god i do not believe in.

Not too different than the House of Al Saud, that heads the present Saudi Arabia landmass.

the Royal family does exert a good deal of influence on the people/politicians/policies of GB...
but in concert with the bankers of course.

correct me.. but are the Royals related somehow with the Germanic peoples in the distant, historical past
++++++

oh yeah, i will not be observing the cerrymonies or pomp...thats pop culture fluff...
so 2 billion minus another

edit on 10-4-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join