It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Billion People to Watch Royal Wedding

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Through Democracy the "merchant class" control society, it's a perverted system. Biologically though Humans are programmed like other apes to form societies, and through society have designated people make the rules and decisions.. Regardless of what our current system tries to tell us what we really want.. the fact remains that the vast majority of Humans would be very content under an authoritarian Monarch.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here in the UK they are giving everybody the day off work and having a national holiday so the country can watch.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
i cant wait...there .... i said it

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
royalties are the biggest bloody welfare leeches there are, F*ck them all!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I would rather watch lovely William get married than watch that so-called reality rubbish, as well as most of the other rubbish that is on tv.

And you can see a lot of interesting people who will be there.

I think it is a privilege to be able to watch a very important historical event.

What happens when your kids or grandkids, who have to do this as a school project, ask you if you watched it?

And you say "Nuh, too boring".

They will look at you with amazement and pity.

And they will know that what they always thought is true - you are really dumb.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

What a dirty day for humanity. Well at least the rest of us get to Watch 2 billion monkeys dance and cry on that day. That in itself should be funny to watch

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Good thing I won't be apart of that 2 billion.

edit on 10-4-2011 by GrandKitaro777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
My mum will watch it,she likes that sort of thing,probably my grandma as well,does it really matter what tv programs other people watch? How does a few billion peeps watching a wedding personally affect anyone here?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Never understood the fascination with the whole royal whatever.....probably because Im an American, also doesn't help that I have Scotch and Irish ancestry, and well...we all know how good the crown has been to them historically speaking.

The only reason I would watch this event would be the off chance that someone might get assassinated.

Im sure that sounds sort of awful, but everyone has their own reasoning I suppose.

Not wishing for this to happen mind you, more of a "what if" kind of scenario.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Hey Trav,

Why not watch it?

You might even enjoy it - and it makes a change from everyday activities.

And you are right - no-one should judge anyone on any basis, and no-one should put down people who want to watch any tv programme. In fact, I am sick and tired of people putting others down for any reason.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
What a stage for protesters. a 2 billion world wide audience to get your message across.

Despite numerous legal attempts, no one – from No 10 down – has been able to come up with any legal power to move the ragtag band of peaceniks, campaigners and eccentrics from the pavement between the Houses of Parliament and the abbey, where Prince William and Kate Middleton will marry on 29 April.

It will be good for the world to see the peace camp and show not everyone in the UK is behind the wars. Shame on the government to want to move this peaceful demonstration on, just to create a nice sanitised back drop for the Wedding.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
well I can tell ya for a fact
that I won't be one of them.

well mainly just cuz I don't have TV.
lmao

And I wonder if they will have
ads on the network and if so
how much would a 30 sec. slot cost
ya? Probably more than the Superbowl.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
2 billion slaves. Pretty disgusting.

Who gives a frak what those inbred scum do? Slaves, that's who.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
2 billion slaves. Pretty disgusting.

Who gives a frak what those inbred scum do? Slaves, that's who.

Bread and circus's mate.

On the bright side...maybe we will get lucky enough to see the reptillian queen shape shift. That would boost ratings no doubt.
edit on 4/10/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
War, the planet being wrecked, petrol prices, money worries...

What is wrong with a bit of distraction?

We all need a lift to our spirits.

And this could be it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well I can tell ya for a fact
that I won't be one of them.

well mainly just cuz I don't have TV.
lmao

And I wonder if they will have
ads on the network and if so
how much would a 30 sec. slot cost
ya? Probably more than the Superbowl.

It will be on the BBC, so it' all paid for by us the licence payers. It's costing the country an arm and a leg, not only in security for the event , but in lost revenue from people not having to go to work. At a time when our country is bankrupt, it's a little sick to be spending billions for 1 day for 1 couple. in fact just typing that made me feel a bit ill.

Still the masses will be lapping it up and they can forget their country is falling to pieces for one weekend and shower their attention on the over privileged.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

And this could be it.

This will have the opposite of lifting my spirits considering the worries you mention. Do I want to distract myself by watching billions of pounds being wasted for the special day of one very ordinary couple.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

And this could be it.

Yes thats right , nothing lifts our spirits more than watching rich pigs sucking off the tit of society.
Cant want for this distraction from lifes ugly thruth.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
OK,

No wonder we are depressed as a race.

To you two people who brought the negatives roaring down upon us yet again...

Do you have any great ideas about saving the planet and the endangered animals, and fixing the problems?

Or are you just into bashing?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
watching the royal wedding is like a kick in the face by them saying "haha, we own you and your tax money which funds this".
These type of events are "accepted" while the bankers get "scrutinised" when they gamble away our tax money - funnily, both of them involve our tax money!
Recently heard an argument on the radio about how doctors are being paid a lot than average people and the general public want doctors wages reduced.
But when we argue about footballers wages, its ok for them to be earning more in a month than what we can earn in a lifetime.
Just goes to show how f***ing dumb the general public really is on what is "acceptable" and what is "not".

edit on 10-4-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join