It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIBYA Rebels break No Fly Zone using MiG23 fighter jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
LIBYA Rebels break No Fly Zone using MiG23 fighter jet

Libyan Rebels allowed to break UN NATO Rules time after time

EDIT: don't ask....lol

edit on 9-4-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

So did they shoot it down,it should be intresting to find out...As this should cause problems if they didnt...as they clearly broken the no fly zone.

Did you listen to the video? It clearly states that the fighter jet was intercepted and forced to land, by NATO.

p.s. More info: Link

Interestingly, the video info. says "time after time" while that article in the link above, quotes that this is the "first time" no fly was broken.... so, who is exaggerating?

edit on 9-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
She said they made him land...

LadySkadi.... you type faster than I do....lol.....
edit on 9-4-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
how did the rebels get their own air force? i thought they are not very welled trained and discipled

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
they have a split faction of the original libya army remember? Means they have tanks and apparently some fighter jets

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
@starwarsisreal

NATO doesn't seem to know for certain what the Rebels have access to or who may or may not be shooting at them...

NATO assumes the pilot was part of the opposition because Benghazi is in the hands of rebels who have commandeered several Libyan fighter jets.

The intercept came in the wake of two friendly fire incidents in Libya.

NATO warplanes mistakenly struck a column of rebel tanks on Thursday, killing four people. The alliance admitted that it was unaware that the rebels were using tanks in the conflict.

A week earlier, NATO warplanes fired in self-defence after some fighters fired celebratory tracers in the air. Nine rebels and four civilians died in that incident.

*from the link in above post
edit on 9-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

ha ha ha yep your right..i put me hands up...lol

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Considering the Libyan Rebels stated they didn't mind NATO bombing civilians in Gaddafi controlled areas - I will not be surprised if these guys come to power become another dictatorship with just a new face.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The Rebels who are also believed to be the some of the same people that killed our soldiers in Iraq...They have beem joined by defecting Libyan Military personnel from the Army, Air Force, Navy etc etc. from low level soldiers to Generals. So they acquired Bases, Jets, Tanks and Weapons.

top topics

join