It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting on Feb 19th 2011 Portland, Or. Check it out! This one gets really bright!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i hear there were a couple of hoax videos going around with this 19th feb date going around..this one looks pretty real ..at first i thought it might be a oncoming plane ,but the object seems to hover for around 5min then changes direction from right to left ruling out a lantern or balloon ..any thoughts on what it could be?

kTqBI4lguzM

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
i hear there were a couple of hoax videos going around with this 19th feb date going around..this one looks pretty real ..at first i thought it might be a oncoming plane ,but the object seems to hover for around 5min then changes direction from right to left ruling out a lantern or balloon ..any thoughts on what it could be?

kTqBI4lguzM

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Helping you out...

Looks like an aircraft on final approach to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I live in Portland, and in the direction they were shooting is where the airport is and across the river a small private airstrip. My guess is a helicopter or airplane.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Airplane.

First few minutes on a heading that happened to be almost directly in line with the camera. That part of the flight was on the intercept heading, for the final approach course. When it "brightens", and begins to move screen left, the airplane is making a slight right turn, and the landing lights appear brighter because:

A) The jet is closer, and;

B) The aim of the lights momentarily changes, and you see them directly....just as car headlights will be brighter, depending on the angle they shine in your direction.

It is plainly (pun) obvious, once the airplane turns....the speed and descent profile is exactly what you expect for a jet on final approach....

UTube is getting bad, bad, bad lately....it is sad IF these people are this dumb, and don't realize what they are seeing....OR, if they do know it's a jet, and post anyway?? Sad, sad, sad......

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by sitchin

Airplane.

First few minutes on a heading that happened to be almost directly in line with the camera. That part of the flight was on the intercept heading, for the final approach course. When it "brightens", and begins to move screen left, the airplane is making a slight right turn, and the landing lights appear brighter because:

A) The jet is closer, and;

B) The aim of the lights momentarily changes, and you see them directly....just as car headlights will be brighter, depending on the angle they shine in your direction.

It is plainly (pun) obvious, once the airplane turns....the speed and descent profile is exactly what you expect for a jet on final approach....

UTube is getting bad, bad, bad lately....it is sad IF these people are this dumb, and don't realize what they are seeing....OR, if they do know it's a jet, and post anyway?? Sad, sad, sad......

Now you'd figure that if the plane was pointing directly at the camera man, than the lights would be at their brightest?

But the light is actually at it's brightest when it is moving right to left, then left to right. How can that be?

The only way for the light to become brighter is if it's pointed directly at the camera. So as you said, the speed and descent PROFILE is what you'd expect to see on a jet that is on final approach is impossible. Do jets now have high beams on their wings?

If what you said was true, then as we watch the plane from a perpendicular point of view, we would only see the small strobes on the wingtips. Yet the light only gets brighter as it's "landing"

So what you have just said makes no sense whatsoever, therefore, you can add yourself to that list of "idiots" who can't tell the difference.

Also, jets don't land on public airports. They land on military bases.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
wow , youtube removed the video??? interesting. very interesting..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

No it's still up

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

Now you'd figure that if the plane was pointing directly at the camera man, than the lights would be at their brightest?

But the light is actually at it's brightest when it is moving right to left, then left to right. How can that be?

Actually, the light is at its brightest as it banks to its right...to land at the airport.

The only way for the light to become brighter is if it's pointed directly at the camera.

Which is what we see...

Also, jets don't land on public airports. They land on military bases.

Jumbo jets don't land at airports? Where do jumbo jets land then? The zoo? The supermarket?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

>sigh<

If what you said was true, then as we watch the plane from a perpendicular point of view, we would only see the small strobes on the wingtips.

You seem to be presuming that, when on final approach, that course was exactly perpindicular (90 degrees) to the camera position!

It could still be an oblique angle, and the landings lights will still be quite bright. They are not narrowly focused, like most car headlights. THAT is also a reason that it continued to appear "brighter" as it progressed in the frame, right to left. It was on an angled course, relative to the camera, and thus constantly getting nearer.

I have seen enough airplanes, for my life and career, to know what I am seeing.....I just have to wonder about the people actually there, who, I would assume, courld see it far, far better than it appears to us, in a poor quality consmer-grade camcorder video.....watching that example, I see it either in telephoto ("zoom") to cause some loss of resolution and clarity, and/or the low light levels (it was dusk, per the time reference) also show....you can see it in the sky, and the pixelation.....of course, THAT could be due to the brightness of the light, and the auto-aperture and shutter settings adjusting to that light level, to the detriment of the background.

I find that besides being woefully ignorant of aviation, many are also quite clueless about how to operate the cameras they own, and to interpret what they see. OR...those people knew exactly what they were filming, and just like to have fun at the expense of gullible people on UTube (??)

edit on 9 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good grief..

A totall conspiracy of an AIRPLANE landing...

call MUFON and whoever else you find important to call,,, here, catch,, ill toss u a quarter..

im a 100% beleiver in the UFO phenom.. but i get sick of false vids/pics.. educate... dont stupify...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have to agree with weedwacker on this one.
I cant believe i just said that.

But it looks like a plane to me too.

Star for you WW
edit on 9-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join