It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C police Taser 11 year old boy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
What you YOU have done to subdue this kid anyway? Tackle him? A big burly 300 pound cop taking down a 90lb kid? How would THAT have looked?

A helluva a lot better than tazing a child. If you are so damned worried about your personal safety don't become a cop, it's a dangerous trade. Don't get me wrong. My Dad was RCMP. I work in Corrections. It's not a trade for pussies.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

What you YOU have done to subdue this kid anyway? Tackle him? A big burly 300 pound cop taking down a 90lb kid? How would THAT have looked?

he had had a knife, intrepid suggested a baton.
you could smash his hand with a baton, he'll drop that knife pretty quick

if he doesnt have a knife, grab him by the forearms.

who would resort to tackling an 11 year old? it seems like your instantly jumping to the worst police officer you can imagine and making it a stereotype.

just give him a big ol bear hug and hes done, hell you could do it with 1 arm.
edit on 9-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just posted a thread on this without using the search function first. Sorry mods.

This is such a unique situation. I will post some of what I posted in the other thread...

I am not defending the actions of this child who possibly stabbed this man. But I am willing to bet that this child was provoked, or he is just not mentally fit. I wonder what techniques the officer used before deciding to tase teh child. I also wonder if the child charged towards the officer. This one certainly leaves me scratching my head. I feel bad for this kid because somewhere down the road something happened, he is in a group home and felt obligated to stab a grown man. I have no way of knowing what really happened, but I am sure there would have been other ways to disarm this kid. As I previously said, he is lucky he didn't get shot. But I would imagine in this day and age that police training would have contingency plans for situations like this. I know these types of threads always bring mixed reactions from both sides of opinion. I am open for any thoughts and opinions on how you all think this was handled. I am stuck on the fence. I usually have my mind made up when I post my own threads, but there are just too many factors in play here to place any blame at this point so far, in my opinion.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join