It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C police Taser 11 year old boy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well here is another fine example of excesive police brutality by the boys in blue. This time in the Great White North. Yea i know we have had alot of that here too but i think this is the first time it happened to an 11 year old kid.

news.nationalpost.com...

I read the short article, not much to go by there. Did the boy have a weapon? All it says is they used the taser when he came out of the house.
edit on 9-4-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have read a few more pieces on it and none say that their was a weapon involved. I really hope that the police officer who fired the Taser will get charged or something. there is no reason for an 11 year old to be treated like that. That was way to much excessive force. I think the cop should be charged for battery on a minor or at least fired fom his job

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

i think if a grown man was brandishing a knife there is legitimate reason to taze him (if its still in his hands) but an 11 year old boy?

cops wear stab vests for a reason, and your telling me a cop who is trained to deal with people twice his size cant overpower or fears an 11 year old boy? walk up to him and grab his forarms, amazing you just incapacitated the kid. ......

cops just want to fire their weapons it seems. soon as "just cause" appears they fire, i would tend to think, "is this right?" compared to "OOooOoOOh! I get to use my toys now!!!"

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
Well here is another fine example of excesive police brutality by the boys in blue.

So are you painting all cops in a poor light by the actions of this moron?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Without video it is hard to determine if this was necessary to subdue him without harming him or anyone else.
Like if he was waving a knife at the cops.

I am not for this, but they usually use force when someone stabs another person, this is considered battery or worse attempted murder.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
if an 11 year old with a knife started running towards me, vest or no vest, i'm tazing him. he's lucky the cop didn't shoot him. more details of the incident are needed.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

No i am not painting them all the same color, but alot of them can be excesive at times when it is not needed

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Did any of you read anywhere that he had a knife when he came out of the house?? They never said anything about him having a knive when he came out.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

I don't think so man. If a cop can't subdue an 11yo with a knife without resorting to a tazer he shouldn't be on the job.

Edit to add: They carry asp batons. more than enough for a prepubescent.

edit on 9-4-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's a disgrace...simple.

Some cops were simply bullied at school and like to feel big.

Other cops are simply useless. I live near one and when a local 'well known and international drug dealer' said he was going to kill me and dump me in a nearby lake none of them were interested, despite their windows being open and said drug dealer knowcking on their door to express his displeasure with me.

Cops - cowards unless armed and en mass.

Cado

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Im agreeing with you. i dont think they should have done it. Even with a knife they are full grown men. They coulda handled it. What im trying to get across is they reacted to extreme and shouldnt of used the taser

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

lol yea i guess you're right. they train to unarm suspects right? otherwise there would be a lot more tazing goin on

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I am assuming that the boy was holding the stabbing knife but it is unclear....if not, then the cop was a coward.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think if he WAS holding a knife that the police woulda been more than happy to report that too, cause it would have made it easier to explain why he used the taser

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
First of all, the kid had already stabbed another person (a 37year old male) who is in hospital.

Second, there isn't enough information given to say whether force was excessive. To make a grand determination at this point is irresponsible.

And third, have you seen how big they're making the 11 year old's these days?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Point well taken....ergo, probably no weapon then and he was tasered because he was considered "dangerous." Heck, the poor kid was probably molested and that is why he stabbed the 37 yr old man (who would have had it coming in such case). The problem with the police is that if you give them a weapon they will use it for the threat level one below what it was desiged for. Get in the cops way and he uses the billy club, provide a minimal threat and you get tased...up the level of threat and he shoots first and asks questions later (I know that is a generalization but it seems axiomatic - afterall a taser is supposed to be used in lieu of deadly force; ie a firearm).

edit on 9-4-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
delete
edit on 9-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: possible privacy issues

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
First of all, the kid had already stabbed another person (a 37year old male) who is in hospital.

Untrained person attacked from behind?

Second, there isn't enough information given to say whether force was excessive. To make a grand determination at this point is irresponsible.

That I agree with.

And third, have you seen how big they're making the 11 year old's these days?

Irrelevant. An asp baton is 3 feet long. What did the kid have? A Samurai sword? And his size wouldn't matter. Unless he's been pumped full of HGH.
Not even then. Experience is the key. This was wrong no matter how you look at it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid. An asp baton is 3 feet long. What did the kid have? A Samurai sword? And his size wouldn't matter. Unless he's been pumped full of HGH.
Not even then. Experience is the key. This was wrong no matter how you look at it.

And if the cop had used this asp baton on the kid instead? You do realize that those things can break bones and crack a skull with very little effort, right?

And we don't know why the kid attacked the guy with the knife. But right now, we cannot assume it was "in revenge for molestation" or something like that. The kid could have been told that he couldn't play WOW until his homework was done.

What you YOU have done to subdue this kid anyway? Tackle him? A big burly 300 pound cop taking down a 90lb kid? How would THAT have looked?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cado angelus

Cops - cowards unless armed and en mass.

i disagree, my cousin is a police officer in a large city, not a metropolis but around 1 million people. he is a police officer you WANT to run into.

he once let a speeder go with a warning because the speeder produced a "get out of jail free card" and he couldnt stop laughing, he let him go with a warning.

the warning: remember its only good for 1 turn.

he has also bodychecked another officer off of a criminal because the officer had him pinned with cuffs on but was kneeing him in the ribs because he made them chase him.
edit on 9-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join