It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat versus Dolphin: Great Vid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Awww, the video owner has put the video private
unless im bugged, can't watch it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
"Video Is Private" Am I missing something here?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I thought so too... might have been bombarded by views....
A clue this vid is going viral...

It is working now...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

BleameTheGreys,

Thank you so much for sharing the video you did. Loved it, have cats of my own to be honest. Was laughing and enjoying it a great deal.

Ainge

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Try this video hopfully it stays non private...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hard not to believe anything that can "feel" this way. And show it isn't "intelligent".

The first "aliens" we should try a little harder to communicate with are the life forms other than us all around us.

Would love to see some tech in the way of chatting with critters, maybe some of this new mind control computer tech?

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios
reply to post by angrydog

About peacefull... Dolphins are the only other species besides humans , that perform rapes....
Also please dont anthropomorph animals it s wrong

You are wrong, male ducks(drakes) routinely gang rape the females.

Amazing video btw, sf.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
great post man! I love dolphins, i think they are the most interesting, and misunderstood things on this planet right now.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Its probably obvious I'm a cat lover. But I don't love the cute cuddly fur balls that you just want to squeeze; I love the intelligent cunning, manipulative, predator that also has a capacity to feel and care for its allies.

As the above poster said I wouldn't detract from cats. there are many studies showing they have long term memories superior to that of dogs and the ability to solve puzzles equal to most primates. It just so happens they are very independent and are not good at doing what they are told which is not appreciated by most humans. We want slovenly followers not allies.

The video is awesome and to me shows that the dolphins are obviously playing gentle with the cats. Dolphins are smart, in my opinion there is a good chance as smart as us, and probably recognized the cat as a fellow predator and friend and my guess is the cat did the same.

I am more of a dog person and sometimes their fast forgetting is useful because they need to forgive us and we want slovenly followers at least I do rather than an argument right? but I have cats too and they can out wit if not out weight the 2 dogs.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fill0000

OP reminds me a little of this cat interacting with gators www.abovetopsecret.com... Why the alligator vid only got 5 flags? Got to be the cuteness factor! Great post.
edit on 11-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Awwwwwww, that was sooooo sweet! They seemed to just love each others company! How amazing is that? Thank you so much for making my day!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Draken

Could you post some of these studies ? The only studies i can find are ones showing how dogs have been with humans for maybe 3-5x the amount of time that cats have.

Also all i find is that cats release a parasite that is bad for mammals in general and is used to catch rats. It causes the rats to be attracted to the cat instead of fear it. If a cat was so smart, it would not need such a biological mechanism for food. Cats are like the lazy stoner in your dormroom LoL.
en.wikipedia.org...

Latest studies show a dog has a larger and smarter brain
www.telegraph.co.uk...
"The intelligence of “a man’s best friend” has evolved at a greater rate than the less social cat over millions of years, scientists at Oxford University have claimed."

edit on 10-4-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

Apparently I can't post links to some of the studies primarily because I can't find any reputable mention of these studies. They are referenced repeatedly on cat websites but thats not reliable as far as I'm concerned. Here is what I regard as the most reliable thing I could find on cat intelligence:

www.messybeast.com...

I don't care for all the experiments and feel like they missed some important nuances but I will not be satisfied until cats are allowed full self awareness and complex problem solving abilities both of which I have personally witnessed on multiple occasions.

Here is another older article which applies to both dolphins and cats and their spiritual natures:

news.discovery.com...

And finally for those that missed this Dolphins are now considered the 2nd smartest animal on the planet: (I disagree with this, I feel that title should belong to Homo Sapiens)

news.discovery.com...

As far as the Oxford study goes: Looking at only brain size? really? Thats about as useless of a study as I have ever seen. They would need to spend a lot more time establishing the brain size to body mass ratio along with brain folds, structure, and how it relates to cognitive ability. Once that is completed in more detail then this study might mean something. My guess is it was a fluff study for some lord who loves his dogs and happened to give a large grant to their behavioral studies department. I say this only because the evidence was weak for the claims they made.

Finally as far as cats being the lazy stoner in the dorm room... The less energy expense in hunting the higher rate of survival and likely has little to do with intelligence but is one helluva biological advantage.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Very nice. I am learning a lot from my cat who is very intelligent, loving, and outgoing. This is a beautifully made video so thanks for sharing. Loved it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

About peacefull... Dolphins are the only other species besides humans , that perform rapes....

I would tend to agree Dolphins aren't the love rainbow factories most people seem to think, which is where you're going with the above statement I'd imagine. But they are intelligent with complex brains and social structures and we need to recognize as an intelligent species there will be a great range of behaviors and actions not only from dolphin to dolphin but even within the same animal.

Finally it is not wrong to make anthropomorphic statements when discussing any mammal and it becomes less so when the brain structures get more similar to human brains as is the case with both dolphins and cats. This is a fallacy stemming from the popular notion of manifest destiny which colored a lot of biological research until very recently. Sadly this belief still holds.

Does it not make sense that a mammal with a similar brain to ours may also be doing things for reasons similar to us? Granted it isn't exact and we need to be careful but you can't make a blanket statement that it is wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

You are wrong, male ducks(drakes) routinely gang rape the females.

Amazing video btw, sf.

Maybe you meant dolphins are the only other mammal to have sex for pleasure as well as reproduction.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Great video, thanks for sharing.

Have to ask, Has the Dolphin told the kitty something we should know

Excellent post none the less

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
O.K. guess I'm the resident nut am I??

I have it that most if not every creature on this planet likely has a degree of higher intelligence.

Everything is always a matter of perspective. It seems folks would like to impose human restrictions on the proof for intelligence, the oldest form of ...ist, ...ism 's IMO.

I remembera debate I had with my brother once, one thing that kept creeping up was the fact that if you had no need of full shelter, had no hands, had senses both far ranging and acute....would you care about anything we care about?? or relate. Or the same for us....can we relate enough to be objective in our thoughts about intelligence?

I have yet to adopt an animal that did not begin to immediately begin to develope a "know human word vocabulary" not just dogs. And begin to try to communicate with me as well in thier own language. Funny that....

Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

S&F!!! :

What a joy to behold. It just goes to show that form doesn't matter.

It's soul that matters the most when bonding.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I love this video! Thanks for posting it

It's amazing how the cat wasn't afraid and just "asked" the dolphin to pet him.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Lol, I came for the post title and stayed for the cute factor. Was totally expecting a cat to be fighting a dolphin. o_o;

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join