It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Teen Says Father Saved Her From Sex Offender

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

Amen, friend. This sex offender probably isn't even to have contact with minors. If some stranger came up to me and grabbed my shoulder, I can assure you, he would have wished he hadn't done that.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I am actually empathetic toward "some' sex offenders, I think our laws are a little too restrictive,

say what now?

Our sex laws are too restrictive. If an 18 year old senior and a 16 year 10 month old Junior go to prom and have sex, it is illegal, and he could wind up being labelled a sex offender. I have a friend that is labelled a sex offender, because he got a ticket for indecent exposure for taking a whiz in the woods behind a theatre.

I think our sex laws need to have more flexibility built into them so that common sense can be applied when it is necessary.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Word.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I am actually empathetic toward "some' sex offenders, I think our laws are a little too restrictive,

say what now?

Some states have laws that make no distinction of mitigating circumstances. I will use Missouri law as an example. Age of consent is 16, however they are considered a minor and subject to parents decisions. So if her 17 year old boyfriend has consensual sex with his 16 year old girlfriend, its legal.

However, if mom and dad find out about it, they can bring charges, since she is a minor and still under parental control. They can press charges against the boyfriend, even though it was consentual.

There are quite a few people who have been convicted, or have taken plea deals, that classify them as sex offenders and force them to register, even though they have done nothing at all to fall into the "perceived" view of why a person is a sex offender in the first place.

Until the law changes, and its more than just missouri, you will have "sex offenders" who should not be on the list, and are there only because of the parents.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Until the law changes, and its more than just missouri, you will have "sex offenders" who should not be on the list, and are there only because of the parents.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I was gonna say that teens could stop having sex before they're 18, but then I laughed and said "Ah ha ha, that's not ever gonna happen."

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanObanion
NOTE: The people in this thread (or the ones who look at it but don't say anything) are more than likely supporters of devious sex acts against children.

I read the thread, and wasn't going to reply, but didn't want to support devious sex acts against children.

edit on 4/11/2011 by Pseudonaut because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Put me on that jury. I can assure you the father would get acquitted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join