It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would we react to foreign invasion? A home front situation. . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I watched the same movies you all have seen, Red Dawn comes to mind first. And I've read and in recent years have seen, through the jaded eyes of the media, how other nations react to military force.
In Vietnam, N/S Korea, Africa, etc. the residents become directly affected by war and they all react differently to it. What I am trying to visualize is how would we here in the USA react to some foreign invasion?
Who it is really doesn't matter at this point. Would we band together as citizens to fight side by side with our military or would we just succumb to the threat, as in post WW2 Berlin, when the Russians came to town?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A modern invasion by modern countries would be somehing like this:

nukes -- >

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

They would have to attack the whole us at once. Because here in Wisconsin we all have high powered weapons. We wouldn't go down until we were out of ammo. I know a few people who reload shells also. But the chances of this happening anytime in the next decade i think are pretty slim. All countries fear a nuclear war. The USA is ruthless. We would be like if were not gonna win then nobody is and then Big Bota BOOOOOM.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRage

They would have to attack the whole us at once. Because here in Wisconsin we all have high powered weapons. We wouldn't go down until we were out of ammo. I know a few people who reload shells also. But the chances of this happening anytime in the next decade i think are pretty slim. All countries fear a nuclear war. The USA is ruthless. We would be like if were not gonna win then nobody is and then Big Bota BOOOOOM.

Sounds to me you get turned on by big guns and wars.... sicko

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yamamoto said 'never invade America; there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass'.

not as true now, but still enough to make occupation nonfeasible. our military will be awesome on many levels, not to mention 'volunteers'.
would this be a total occupation or just some strategic points? if they took NY and D.C. and left the rest of us alone...who knows.

considering the transport logistics it does not look at all conceivable.

a buddy of mine had a paranoid fantasy in which the chicoms drilled a tunnel under the Bering Straits and drove in an invasion army. (maybe that's the norks strategy!)

edit on 9-4-2011 by works4dhs because: add line

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nuke use depends on the reason for the invasion.

The only time all out nuking is applicable is in the case of absolute irrational hatred. Like Pakistan and India or Israel and everybody else.

If it's a purposeful invasion such as one for resources or territory nuke usage is the last thing they'd want to do. At least broadly.

Now, us nuking the home nation of an invading force? Maybe. But that might be a poor choice considering the long term hostility that would breed and the increased risk of annihilation retaliation.

Depends on our prognosis as the target of the invasion and , as in the case of Homefront, our ability to even launch if we so chose too.

But barring some psychotic madness without reason or rationale I really doubt nuclear Armageddon is very probable.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
They sure as hell wouldn't try to invade anywhere through the South. Do you know how many hicks with guns live down here? We would have our own Army that not only was willing, but would want to shoot someone who was invading and 99.9% of them could supply their own guns and ammo.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Couldn't of said it better, thanks!

I used to worry about nukes in the 80's then stopped in the 90's then started again recently. And it is all because of in the 80's it was power, but in the 90's it was no longer a power struggle. Now it is a resource struggle and what better way to eliminate 310,000,000 people that depend on oil.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Nuke use depends on the reason for the invasion.

I could imagine a situation where the military were beaten, would you allow your enemy to reap the rewards? Kind of like the "scorched earth" of WW2. Destroy everything behind you as you run. That is, destroy your own country to prevent a successful invading army to prosper and gloat.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mister_Bit

That's where the prognosis comes in.

I can definitely see the captain wanting to run the ship aground rather than lose it to an enemy if our collapse was imminent.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I watched the same movies you all have seen, Red Dawn comes to mind first. And I've read and in recent years have seen, through the jaded eyes of the media, how other nations react to military force.
In Vietnam, N/S Korea, Africa, etc. the residents become directly affected by war and they all react differently to it. What I am trying to visualize is how would we here in the USA react to some foreign invasion?
Who it is really doesn't matter at this point. Would we band together as citizens to fight side by side with our military or would we just succumb to the threat, as in post WW2 Berlin, when the Russians came to town?

Thanks to your topic title, the recent video game "Homefront" was one of my first thoughts.

In the near future (2027?) North Korea takes over South Korea and invades neighboring countries. Eventually, the begin their take-over of the United States.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRage
reply to post by AnteBellum

I say bring it I am ready to defend my interests:

Up close:

When I need a little range:

Still not fully done preparing yet though and it sucks because things are unfolding at a quicker and quicker pace....hopefully we still have a few months before TS REALLY HTF, then I should be good to go.

edit on 9-4-2011 by Newbomb Turk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here in the South I would have to say, even without any assistance at all from the US military, dealing purely with all the armed civilians, any country trying to occupy us would have their hands more full than the US does in Afghanistan.

There are mountain ranges, hills everywhere, river, lots of urban and suburban options for cover. There are gun-toting rednecks everywhere, even the occasional "nut job" who has a bunker and has even stashed up some machine guns and rockets and would probably feel great distributing them to his neighbors. It would be a mess trying to occupy the South. Not to mention all the US military bases that are spread all throughout.

I read a book by a former US intelligence officer, called "Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse," which was written as a realistic fictional depiction of a UN invasion of the US. It was a great read. UN forces were assumed to use major transportation routes to try to go from city to city to quench any rebels they might come across. A convincing enough case was made that the UN would have one hell of a time trying to maintain any kind of organization here, but I'll leave that to anyone who wants to read that book to discover. The only thing it assumed was that armed groups of Americans would get together and think of novel ways to attack the enemy, and that there was no nuclear war beforehand or anything like that.

I'm confident enough that it would be so hard on the would-be invaders, that the idea of being invaded actually seems kind of exciting in some twisted way. There's one way to kick all the crooks out of power.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I guess people forget in Irag every house hold is allowed a AK47 per person. Even when troops were going house to house looking for weapon caches they still left one AK47 per person. Iraq got invaded fairly easily.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

They were invaded easily enough, but almost 10 years later and they're still kicking.

Here's a story from today:

Iraqi officials: 6 killed in bombings, assassinations in Baghdad

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
In Iraqi most of the people aren't fighting back. They wanted sadam gone they want the U.S gone but they realise we are there to stabilise and will eventually leave the quicker things die down the sooner we leave. It would be a different ball game if the U.S were invaded though. We are used to freedom and know that when someone comes here we will be in trouble.

Plus the whole most of us can read and most of them can't. Makes it easier to organize when you can read.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Realistically, I think the plan would consist of evacuating as many citizens as possible from the contact point and several hundred miles beyond. No doubt hell would be unleashed on any would be invader by air and sea with ground forces fighting a staggered and slow withdraw into an envelopment.

There is SOOO much territory and SOOO much firepower that anyone foolhardy enough to try had better be prepared to climb over the burning corpses of millions upon millions of their fellow soldiers if they want to go all the way.

At this point in time, I really don't think a conventional invasion is something that anyone could pull off.

Surely it will happen someday.. I wouldn't recommend today though.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well, you can forget the nukes because you'd only want to use nukes if they'd already been used, the whole MAD principle. But since nothing is impossible, just improbable, the "invading" force would probably want to come in from Canada or Mexico. Trying to do it right now, over the oceans would be a very bad idea, since I think the ratio for an opposed landing on a foreign shore should be about 4 to 1 in favor of the invaders, and it would be kind of difficult to hide that amount of sealift off the coast of the USA. But, I think it would really suck for the invaders. Really suck! I would get my guns and go out and fight the invaders, because if you didn't, I don't think the invaders would leave alot of us alive. Besides, this is my home, and I couldn't see not fighting back with whatever we have, for as long as we have to.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If nukes were used, there wouldn't be any invading forces - in force.

Americans are some of the most stiff-backed peoples on earth, and they don't bow to anyone. Imagine an invading army of 50,000,000 men.

There is no nation anywhere that has an armed force that large - but if someone managed - it would be a one-to one ratio of invaders versus defenders. That's assuming that no defender every got killed and someone else picked up his weapon to have his own go at it.

The United Nations couldn't put together a force to invade and hold territory in the US if you gave them ten years to raise the force.

And those pretty baby blue helmets? Well, they really would make good targets. Cute, a bit sissy-boy in color, but excellent targets.

Good movie concept, but unworkable.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
A modern invasion by modern countries would be somehing like this:

nukes -- >

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join