It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I captured by first UFO image ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
As the title of the thread says I think I may have unintentionally captured a picture of a UFO.
Here's what happened;

I just heard a humming noise outside, popped my head outside a saw a blimp, being the geek I am I thought ohhh I'll take a picture so running upstairs grabbing my dslr and back down again I was just losing my shot opportunity so didn't have time to swap lens to my 300mm. Using my 18/55mm lens I took a very rushed photo of the blimp.

Sighing that I had missed the opportunity to set the shot up properly I loaded it up on the computer to see how bad it was :p and the image below is what I saw;

cropped image;

original unedited version;
img190.imageshack.us...

tone-mapped version;
img69.imageshack.us...

So experts of ATS, have I really captured a UFO or something far more mundane.
Please feel free to ask some questions, I'm popping out in a bit to run some errands but will try and post any responses to questions on the move.

It is 100% legit, I have no reason to post trash and waste people's time, I have provided the full camera image off my 450d completely unedited at img190.imageshack.us...

Thanks for listening.
edit on 9-4-2011 by digitalf because: changed inline image

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

Confused here. Didnt you say that this was a blimp?
If you know its a blimp why are you questioning if its a UFO.
Hint: The U in UFO means unidentified.
You already know what this is so its not unidentified.

PS how did this thread get five flags when I am the first responder and I didnt flag it.
edit on 9-4-2011 by karen61057 because: to question the flags on thread

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

did you look at the larger images - the image shown above is a crop of the ufo, scroll it over to see the blimp.

PS how did this thread get five flags when I am the first responder and I didnt flag it.

Haven't a clue.
edit on 9-4-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Given the parameters you set forth this will likely always remain unidentified.

However, because we can see that your camera was focused on the bush in front of you, (meaning everything at distance is blurry) it is safe to say that this is probably a bird in transit.

UFO = Yes

Aliens = Most likely not...
edit on 9-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

You can flag without responding.
2nd line.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, it is an interesting shot, it looks unusual but it is to distant to make out for sure, it doesn't look like a plane, but that far away it is hard to give a definitive opinion one way or the other

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

To be honest its far too small and blurred say what it is or isn't it could be a bird/plane/bug/UFO.... we just can't tell.

edit on 9-4-2011 by MiTS1965 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

After reviewing the larger sized pic, it seems that a bird would be unlikely, given the size of the object when you compare it to the blimp. I will continue looking...

ETA: Were you shooting through a window? It doesn't look like it but it is something that should be ruled out.
edit on 9-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Interesting, I will see if I can blow it up any.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ah, No I didnt notice the scroll bar. The image is huge I had to shrink it to 50 % to see it from top to bottom.
I think you have a plane in the shot. Good pic of the blimp! I love seeing them. Its a sign of summer around here!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

OK I enlarged this to 850% and it looks like a jet with a heading that is slightly to the right of you as you aim the camera. Its very blurry but thats what it appears to be.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec2c9cc36d33.jpg[/atsimg]

There it is blown up. Does seem to have a saucerish shape to it, although not as clear as I hoped it would come out.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48532093a9b3.jpg[/atsimg]
From tonemapped version
edit on Sat, 09 Apr 2011 14:20:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

2nd line.

Yeah I know. I just thought it was kind of odd to flag and not say something.
Just me I guess.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Can you say where you photo graphed it? I'm in CA and I just photo graphed a pulsing disc type object and I have pictures too. My incident just happened at 10:55am. I've already filed my MUFON report on it.

edit on 9-4-2011 by favouriteslave because: added info

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
South Birmingham any chance? i seen the blimp

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Cheers everyone for the responses. Apologies I haven't answered the questions quicker but here goes;

Originally posted by boncho
Given the parameters you set forth this will likely always remain unidentified.

However, because we can see that your camera was focused on the bush in front of you, (meaning everything at distance is blurry) it is safe to say that this is probably a bird in transit.

UFO = Yes

Aliens = Most likely not...

Yes apologies for the focus, my 8 point focussing system grabbed the bush instead of the blimp, the UFO (and I wasn't necessarily inferring it was extra-terrestrial) is probably too blurry to be positively identified as you say.

Originally posted by MiTS1965
To be honest its far too small and blurred say what it is or isn't it could be a bird/plane/bug/UFO.... we just can't tell.

Yes I’m inclined to agree although I’m not convinced it was a plane – I also grabbed a shot a few minutes later of an aircraft overhead and it was very bright (reflective) compared to this shot.

Originally posted by boncho
ETA: Were you shooting through a window? It doesn't look like it but it is something that should be ruled out.

No I was definitely outside standing on a small wall to get the best vantage point, another reason why the image is most likely out of focus I’m afraid.

Ah, No I didnt notice the scroll bar. The image is huge I had to shrink it to 50 % to see it from top to bottom.

Don’t worry I’ve done it myself many times

OK I enlarged this to 850% and it looks like a jet with a heading that is slightly to the right of you as you aim the camera. Its very blurry but thats what it appears to be.

We don’t get many jets near me, no airbase or major airports near but I guess it is possible.

Originally posted by TKDRL
There it is blown up. Does seem to have a saucerish shape to it, although not as clear as I hoped it would come out.

Thanks for giving it a go and spending the time to evaluate – appreciated. Pity I didn’t get the shot in focus but these things happen when you don’t take a picture of the object in question specifically I suppose.

Originally posted by superman2012

Thanks to those that S+F .. I was just sharing my experience but nice to get a thumbs up from the community.

Originally posted by Sinny
South Birmingham any chance? i seen the blimp

Spot on with the location – it’s a small world eh ?
edit on 10-4-2011 by digitalf because: typo

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Your picture is way better than the stupid sunflare or reflection I posted. That was quite embarrassing

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Looks like a Goodyear airship to me

As for the little object to the left, can't tell from that distance.... you may have caught a UFO.... you may not have

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Indeed
And i will back you up and say it may be a flying saucer...ive been observing strange things in the sky around here for a year now...ive witnessed the formation of orange orbs that were seen around the UK and also my very own black flying saucer, also in broad day light...keep your eyes up at the sky

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I have seen what looked like a small sperical grey object flying in a straight line above me before - very strange

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join