It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! Self-Funded Study Found HUGE Tumors from This Everyday Food - Cause For Alarm!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm surprised that they're allowing it for organic food...

They sure seem to be trying hard to spread artificial sweeteners.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
Dr. Mercola is a truth teller.
He was all over the scam behind the flu vaccines.
Good thread!

Aspartame is in almost all the chewing gums. One of the side effects is stomach cramping.
As I recall from another ats thread, chiclets and fruit stripe gum don't contain aspartame, but are made with sugar.
Since learning this, I have not been able to find any, but I know I've seen chiclets somewhere.

More at
A conspiracy that really hit home - Aspartame Poisoning
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also Teaberry gum and Blackjack baby.

I work in a store. It kills me when a little kid walks up to buy some gum. It's not just in dentyne ice and trident anymore.

This filth is in BUBBLETAPE FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD

W T F?

edit on 9-4-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What about the mice in the control group? What were the rates there? Can't draw conclusions without the control group results...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

"Aspartame is another primary excitotoxin. It has been used for years as a sweetener in soft drinks and has lately been put into numerous other foods. It is hidden in canned juices, protein powders, protein bars and much more. Its use has been linked to MS symptoms, brain tumors, sudden death in athletes, Parkinson's disease, brain fog, learning disabilities, ADHD, birth defects, diabetes, emotional disorders, seizures, migraines and more. Diabetics and young women are at particular risk, as they drink a lot of diet soft drinks. A good web site for information on aspartame is www.dorway.com."

- Susan E. Schenck, The Live Food Factor: The Comprehensive Guide to the Ultimate Diet for Body, Mind, Spirit & Planet

"It is known to be an excitotoxin, which means it damages nerve cells. Animal studies have also shown that it causes damage to the brain. Also ax anything that has the following additives—a study published in The Lancet in September 2007 found that common food additives and colorings can increase hyperactive behavior in children.4 Remember: the more chemicals you put into your body, the more they add to your toxic load and the more it will slowly wear your system down and lead to Spent."

- Frank Lipman, Mollie Doyle, Spent: Revive: Stop Feeling Spent and Feel Great Again

"Soda beverage companies are allowed to use aspartame, a chemical excitotoxin that breaks down into chemical constituents such as formaldehyde that cause nerve damage, according to Dr. Russell Blaylock, an expert on excitotoxins. And yet all these chemicals are readily allowed by the FDA in foods and drugs. Apparently, some bona fide poisons are safe at low doses, according to the FDA, but ephedra, which never directly destroyed a single liver, heart, or brain cell, is declared unsafe at any dose."

- Mike Adams, Natural Health Solutions

"Aspartame is also an excitotoxin. Its only active ingredient, phenylalanine, is an amino acid that helps govern the function of the brain and nervous system. When too much phenylalanine hits the brain, it can cause hyperactivity and other behavioral symptoms. Because many food additives cause intolerance, rather than IgE allergy or IgG sensitivity, you may need to perform elimination challenges to see if these additives are causing problems. Another practical approach is simply to look for reactions when your child does eat one of these food additives."

- Kenneth Bock, Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders

"Aspartame is composed of the excitotoxin aspartic acid; phenylalanine; and methanol, a known eye toxin." General Anti-Diabetogenic Diet The following charts show low-glycemic, low-insulin-score Rainbow Green food for Phases 1.0 and 1.5 of the Tree of Life cuisine program. RAINBOW GREEN CUISINE, PHASE 1."

- Gabriel Cousens, There Is a Cure for Diabetes: The Tree of Life 21-Day+ Program

Source site

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

It's not just fluoride in your water; thats the least of your worries.....

if you ever have time watch Fire Water, it's an Australian documentary on what really goes in our water and you'll find the exact same results in the USA.

And I agree
I have a well,. it has been tested and is clean,.
Stop using mouth washes of any sort.
and your standard tooth paste is what has the highest concentration of fluoride.
Fluoride is also cancerous,. and weighs heavy on your immune system.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
so we're really just not allowed to eat anything, huh? everything is bad. everything.

as a doctor, my BS meter doesn't go COMPLETELY off the charts when people talk about aspartame, but it's been blamed for everything from impotence to cancer and no one i've seen has ever tested, or even wondered, whether or not it could be an idiosyncratic or other allergic reaction instead of a general "EVERYONE THAT USES ASPARTAME WILL GET CANCER" reaction.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky
It adds to the huge amount of evidence already about this dangerous substance being added to food.

Indeed!

I don't know whether anyone has brought up the Neotame problem. It does NOT have to be on any label - AND it can be used in foods labeled "ORGANIC" and "KOSHER!"

And word is... It's WORSE than Aspartame!

EDIT to add: Ah, I see this did come up!
edit on 4/9/2011 by Amaterasu because: add

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
You know what to do?

Stop eating junk food and diet sodas thinking you're gonna lose weight!

Except... With Neotame, even conscientious eating habits are no guarantee that you are not putting evil into your belly.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
I'm surprised that they're allowing it for organic food...

They sure seem to be trying hard to spread artificial sweeteners.

I don't think it was "allowed," per se. It just wasn't DISallowed. And since it doesn't have to be labeled, they can put it in with impunity.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

I suggest you do research about ephedra before posting an excerpt stating its perfectly fine.

n 1997, in response to mounting concern over serious side effects of ephedra, the FDA proposed a ban on products containing 8 mg or more of ephedrine alkaloids and stricter labeling of low-dose ephedra supplements. The FDA also proposed that ephedra labels be required to disclose known health risks of ephedra, such as heart attack, stroke, or death.[30] In response, the supplement industry created a public relations group, the Ephedra Education Council, to lobby against the labeling requirements, and commissioned a scientific review by a private consulting firm, which reported that ephedra was safe.[11] The Ephedra Education Council also attempted to block publication of a study confirming wide discrepancies between the labeled potency of supplements and the actual amount of ephedra in the product.[25] During this time, Metabolife, makers of the best-selling brand of ephedra supplement, had received over 14,000 complaints of adverse events associated with its product; these reports were not provided to the FDA.[11][31] Senators Orrin Hatch and Tom Harkin, authors of the Dietary Supplements Health and Education Act, questioned the scientific basis for the FDA's proposed labeling changes, arguing that the reported problems were insufficient to warrant regulatory action. At the time, Hatch's son was working for a firm hired to lobby Congress and the FDA on behalf of ephedra manufacturers.[32] In addition to the activities of the Ephedra Education Council, Metabolife spent more than $4 million between 1998 and 2000 lobbying against state regulation of ephedra in Texas.[33] Business Week reported that efforts to regulate ephedra and other potentially harmful supplements had been "beaten down by deep-pocketed industry lobbying."[10] Ultimately, in 2000, the FDA withdrew the proposed labeling changes and restrictions.[34] A review of ephedra-related adverse reactions, published in the New England Journal of Medicine in 2000, found a number of cases of sudden cardiac death or severe disability resulting from ephedra use, many of which occurred in young adults using ephedra in the labeled dosages.[5] Subsequently, in response to pressure from the consumer advocacy group Public Citizen,[10] Metabolife was compelled by the Department of Justice in 2002 to turn over reports of over 15,000 ephedra-related adverse events, ranging from insomnia to death, which the company had previously withheld from the FDA.[11][35] Use of ephedra was considered to have possibly contributed to the death of Minnesota Vikings offensive lineman Korey Stringer from heatstroke in 2001.[36]

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't know if it matters but the only people I know that drink soda are overweight. Most of them are obese. They think ti's smart to drink diet soda. But they're not smart if they're obese.

I love them and I try to help but they don't want to listen. They don't want to think.

Ironically we can all die anyway from cancer or something else.

But giving cancer an edge isn't good. Why tempt fate? I know we'll all die, eventually, but...
edit on 9-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Yeah, I'm pretty careful with eat already. Sorry I don't jump on any new person that has a book or video on something and run around with my head cut off.

I could tell this thread about another 20 chemicals that are going to town on peoples DNA too, but who cares right? Unless someone made a youtube video or blog about it....

Ignorance extraordinaire...
edit on 9-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If yer gonna try this experiment then might as well get a couple extrarats, and feed them something called stevia...its way sweet and its harmless.....thats right, harmless...no calories, harmless....stevia.....

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamRikeronaSegway

Doctor huh?
Well,. if 99% of doctors were really out for the "peoples" health
you would all work yourselves out of job.

edit on 9-4-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

yes, i'm a big bad doctor only out for the benefit of big pharma and i purposely bankrupt patients with expensive treatments so we can take their money and leave them homeless, poor, and unhealthy in the end.

do you have anything to reply to my comment related to the thread or were you just looking to push your assertions onto others through me?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yes, its even illegal to try to ship it into other countries!! That should tell you something right there!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

First of all, I'm certainly not advocating regular consumption of NutraSweet, in ANY quantity, as I have no doubt that ALL chemically-enhanced laboratory-created foods are bad for us in one way or another. However, as a scientist (biologist) I'm a little concerned about the science this woman has employed in establishing her research protocols:

As for dose, she gave the rats a daily dose of NutraSweet comparable to 14 cans of diet soda per day for the females, and 13 cans for the males.

Does this mean the quantity was comparable in terms of human consumption? Or was the dosage relative to the size/weight of the rat? It doesn't state that the researcher calculated the amount based upon relative intake quantity from human to rat. Please correct me if I'm missing something that explains this.

My concern with the results as stated is that I believe ANY substance taken in extraordinarily large quantities has the potential to cause medical/biological/health problems. These problems could manifest themselves in the form of tumors, cancerous growths, lesions, heart attacks, IBD, asthma, allergic reactions, etc etc. Even vitamin supplements taken in large amounts have the potential to inflict damage on a body (I would know, I have experienced zinc poisoning....very painful).

I'm glad this woman is taking the initiative to "find out for herself" and I encourage more people to do the same, but she really needs to clarify her methods if she wants to be taken seriously.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
maybe it is the governments way of speeding up natural selection...anyone stupid enough to drink diet soda dies...they create an environment where people are too stupid to be allowed to live, and then they kill them for their stupidity...we can blame this all on the media anyway, because if the media werent complicit, this murderous corruption would not be possible...the FDA, the politicians, the scientists, and the media should all be charged with mass murder...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyCasual

the original study i remember reading, the one that started all this aspartame discussion(not this thread, all of the controversy). in it, the woman involved gave stupidly high amounts of straight aspartame to rats(it was something like the equivalent of 20 diet sodas, every day), and that caused health problems obviously. except, one of the groups of rats(by gender, forgot which) actually had fewer tumors and overall complications than the other, but only the unhealthy group was mentioned in all the controversy, sometimes they were all mentioned as being sick.

but if only my word were enough on these forums, because alas, i couldn't find the study: a google search ended up with me being bombarded with sites like naturalnews and others with a spin on the study, not the actual study results. and with that, i agree with you: find your own answers if you want reliability.

i mean, who drinks 20 diet sodas in a day anyway? good lord.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

Thankyou so much for this. Definately reading the labels on my food products from now on!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join