It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First the x-prize, now the z-prize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I came across this link a while ago and haven�t seen any other advertising for this competition. The z-prize is much like the x-pize apart from it is focusing on developing a free/ clean energy device to help solve humanities problems. The award is a minimum of $1million. Has anyone else heard of this competition, or have any views?

www.seaspower.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well it's a good idea, but in order to spur competetion they would have to offer alot more then a mere million bucks.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
ya... for something this BIG!

it should be 1Bill very min 100m

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wouldn''t they be able to win the million dollar prize then go patent the invention and make a hell of a lot more money afterwards?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arek
Wouldn''t they be able to win the million dollar prize then go patent the invention and make a hell of a lot more money afterwards?

I think the size of the award should be linked to how important or significant it is. In the X-Prize it's not all that important in the short term but this however is very important and nothing less than 50 mil should be awarded. That and the person/people who suceed they should become world heros afterwards. Of course the Corporates will probably try to discredit the invention and prize cuz its not in thier best interests...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I see, the importance of free energy is significant. They should put up a bigger prize, however some people understand that if they are the first to create such a device the measly amount awarded by this competition won't compare to what they recieve afterwards. If a device like this is created it would open up a whole new branch of research. Either way it would be nice to imagine a owrld were we wouldn't rely on gasoline to power your car or coal/nuclear fusion to power your homes.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
1. Our preference is for a zero point energy (or over unity) device

4. A fourth choice would be a device that reduces gravity and can be
configured to produce electrical wattage (Note: we are interested in
antigravity in its own right but cannot focus on it until SEAS Phase III.)

I you invented either one of these thing every country on the planet would be knocking at your door. You could just name your price, thats ofcourse if they wouldnt just wack you and steal your plans.

2&3 on the list are a little more realistic

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Plus the Robo-prize is 2million alot easier IMHO and you win twice as much

Simply stated "offer a challenge and a reward" to build an autonomous android

(or human-like robot) that can fend for itself, in combat, against the best and baddest

machines out there. If you've seen BattleBots (tm) or RobotWars (tm) on television,

you know what this android will be up against! This is why the idea of Robo-prize (tm)

is so important, and timely.

Robo-prize

[edit on 25-7-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well Arek if you're interesting in learning more about the reasearch that is going on right now into a number of weird and promising new sources of power and fuel. Here are the sites.

jnaudin.free.fr...
The JLN Labs is by far one of the best sites on the Internet when it comes to weird inventions that actually work. They are mostly working with "Cold Fusion Reactor" experiments(even though I do not believe they are CF I do believe there is somthing worth checking out going on inside JL Naudin's CFR.), Lifter Experimenting, and AquaFuel Reasearch.

www.blazelabs.com...
Mostly EHD's and AquaFuel. Pretty good site, just not as much content as the first link I provided.
EDIT:I am now in the Process of building an AquaFuel Reactor, my Hopes are high, but as always I will approach with a skeptical mind and try to see if AquaFuel really is OverUnity.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the links, the first site has some projects that I might give a crack at.

new topics

top topics

join