I will list a set of plans and the benefits of my own "no child left behind" plan. It's a hybrid between private and public schools (actually, it
replaces the public education system with "Junior Military Academies")
1. Replace public middle school and public high school with a new junior military academy governed by martial law. That will be the new "public
school". That should teach them discipline. A portion of the work of the students will be for social welfare programs (mostly cleaning).
2. Families need to file their personal information to receive any gov't endorsements for private school education. If a family wants money from the
gov't, they need to do their research. The gov't needs to know how much money will be needed for transportation, tuition, and supplies (this
information should be provided by gas prices, public transportation, and the private school respectively). The parents don't have time to do this
3. If the child is a minority and is having difficulty finding a nonpartisan private school, then that's tough. The parents need to look harder or
hire a private tutor. They'll need to file for gov't endorsements.
4. Tutors are paid for by the gov't as well as by the parents for work they do. They should be paid by percent improvement of their tutees' grades.
Even volunteer tutors like myself will be paid!
5. Turn current prestigious public schools into scientific/military research labs. A place like Berkeley, considered the best public school, would be
turned into a nuclear and global satellite weapons facility (as if it weren't already, haha). Places like Stanford and MIT would remain untouched.
6. Education and work experience will be provided by corporations themselves. Corporations won't mind paying when it's basically child labor. This
kind of training and learning is much more efficient that the crappy semantics we're stuffing into intransigent kids who aren't bothering to learn
1. The families who value education will benefit. We won't have as many careless students in schools disturbing/distracting the studious ones.
2. Burger-flippers don't need an education. They just need discipline. School is not the perfect place to teach discipline these days. Children,
whose parents don't care enough to research and work for gov't sponsorship of their education, don't deserve education.
3. The chances that I will be obsoleted in a decade or two from working in an unstable field will decrease. Class segregation will make sure of
4. Under my plan, people like myself will actually be paid for what they do. I'd be reimbursed by the gov't for my charity work.
5. The gov't will be saving a lot of money:
- no more researching and fixing the public schooling system,
- only families that seriously value and care about education would bother filing
for gov't endorsements. Only the lazy will suffer.
- work in the form of "child labor" being done by the junior military academies
that replace the public school system
6. The religious right will have their faith in the GOP's handling of education put to the test.
7. It will be fun to watch Stoney Burke do backflips in rage the next time I go to UC Berkeley's campus grounds.
8. Each biased student will have his own biased teacher to match his needs, reducing the need for a student to conform to or adapt to (or learn from)
different environments. Liberal students will become more liberal. Conservative students will become more conservative. Religious fanatics will become
more fanatical. This'll be great! All viewpoints will be presented in much less ambiguous manners.
9. There will be a higher demand for well-educated scientists and engineers. I'm assuming this because honestly, I don't think many parents will
spend the time or even know how to file for endorsements from the gov't for private school.
Private schools aren't monitored by the gov't as much as public schools are, so they hold the right to reject students however they see fit. In
effect, unless there are private schools on almost every block, a lot of parents wont care enough to drive or walk their children 10 miles to send
their children to the nearest Judo-Christian private school, or Japanese American private school.
They are the lower class, remember? How could they afford the time and energy?!
10. There will be an even GREATER demand for multilingual, culturally diverse scientists and engineers such as myself. Consider that an Asian student
will more likely find an Asian private school or an Asian tutor, that a Hispanic student will more likely find a Hispanic private school or a Hispanic
tutor, etc. How many will truly discover the advantages of struggling in a diverse environment? Not many. I will have a distinct advantage in an
environment full of myopes.
11. Since the only mandatory schooling is done under martial law, not as much tax dollars will be wasted. Also, I've named numerous reasons why the
private schools won't be every lower class citizen's system of choice for their children. A lot of money that we claim to provide on the education
of lower class citizens won't be provided at all. It'll be saved for us, the upper class citizens.
12. Warmongers will be satisfied with the irony of seeing Berkeley, considered one of the more liberal institutions, turned into a fortress of
13. Conservative will finally stop complaining about paying for public education (it's funded by corporations from all over the world
corps can call it slave labor if they want. We'll call it "education".
My plan is perfect. My logic is undeniable.