It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman kills five and wounds 11 at Dutch shopping centre

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
You have to ask yourself why someone can own a gun with those kind of "problems" in The Netherlands.

Here in the US there is a scandal in which the BATFE, a federal police agency, was caught deliberately allowing weapons to be shipped into Mexico to arm the drug cartels. They wanted poeple to be killed with these weapons in Mexico, so they could then argue for more gun control laws in the US. The same dynamic is present in the Dutch shooting:

BATFE = Dutch police

Mexican drug cartel = Tristan van der Vlis

See how that works?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
Here i a picture of the shooter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b821cb7fd656.jpg[/atsimg]

Something odd about this photo? It looks like they took his image from another photo and superimposed it on a new background. Why did they do this? I think the origonal photo was a group photo--Tristan van der Vlis amongst his friends. Which would contradict the official image of him as a disaffected loner.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Did you see this site before it was shut down? Was it someone pretending to be the shooter Tristan van der Vlis, or someone pretending to be a person who coincidentally had the same name and residence as the shoooter?

It was just someone who heard it on the news, then decided to create fake accounts claiming he has the same name and people should stop harassing him. Nothing more but a troll, unfortunately media picked up on it and somehow it got to the police spokesmen who mentioned it. But it was nothing more than a troll.

Responding to your other post, there's nothing similar about this situation and what you describe. It is probably because of bad coordination between different public/government services that this guy got a gun permit, which makes many people wonder how many more psychiatric patients are out there holding gun permits. The shooter was not involved with drugs or had a record of any other illegal activity except modifying guns or owning illegal guns.

The ONLY thing which might hint at something darker (and is very farfetched and unlikely) is the recent disapproval of changes to the way medical data is being stored, which involves a proposal for a single and centrally managed electronic medical dossier called the EPD, which didn't get through recently because of privacy/security/cost concerns. Surely more people would want something like this now, as it would have been easier for the department which hands outs gun permits to cross check an applicants psychiatric history and with that something like this could be avoided in the future. The way it is now such patient records are kept at local medical institutions, if another doctor or hospital would want these records they have to go through a lot of forms to get them, medical confidentiality is a huge issue in my country. With the EPD this would be a thing of the past and such records would have been more easy to obtain. But again, that is just my overactive imagination trying on a tinfoil hat, it's all just a coincidence.
edit on 10/4/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: typo

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Originally posted by jaamaan
Here i a picture of the shooter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b821cb7fd656.jpg[/atsimg]

Something odd about this photo? It looks like they took his image from another photo and superimposed it on a new background. Why did they do this? I think the origonal photo was a group photo--Tristan van der Vlis amongst his friends. Which would contradict the official image of him as a disaffected loner.

Why do you think they have done this?? Why would they display his friends if this was a groupphoto indeed ???

Don't be so paranoid, they have done this because it was probably the best photo to use. And I don't think this was a "setup" from the Dutch government, that is just silly to think, why would they do that? I guess he just simply stole that weapon.

This is just one of those events which nobody had seen coming, it is very sad that it happened....

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
And I don't think this was a "setup" from the Dutch government, that is just silly to think, why would they do that?

See Dragonfly's post above, for one.

----------

I discern a certain pattern to these mysterious mass shooting events:

12-6-89 Ecole Poytechnique
"The 1989 massacre also prompted the introduction of new gun-control measures, including the controversial gun registry.."

3-13-96 Dunblane Primary School
Bristish gun laws were made much more stringent in the wake of the shootings.

4-28-96 Port Arthur/Broad Arrow Cafe
Stringent anti-gun regulations for Australians were enacted in the wake of this shooting..

4-20-99 Columbine
"Congress under then president Bill Clinton sought to pass several gun control measures in response..."
"One week after the Columbine shootings, President Clinton introduced legislation requiring background checks on sales of explosives and holding parents liable when their children commit crimes with guns. Whitehouse Press Secretary Joe Lockhart said: "Clinton is counting on outrage over the shootings to help push the legislation through, unfortunately oftentimes it takes tragic events to catalyze work here in Washington" "

4-26-02 Gutenburg Gymansium
"....two hours after the attack, Germany's parliament jumped into action and immediately tightened the nation's weapons laws."

10-11-02 Myyrmanni Mall bombing
"The Social Democrats seized the opportunity to intensify efforts to censor Internet news groups, bulletin boards and websites. A bill already going through parliament is seeking to extend restrictions on freedom of speech on the Internet."

5-11-06 Antwerp Street Shooting
"Belgian lawmakers passed strict new gun control laws in 2006 in reaction to the racially motivated shooting deaths of a toddler and her black baby sitter in Antwerp."

11-7-07 Jokela High School
"Such a tragedy in the normally peaceful Nordic nation should make Finland reconsider its campaign against European Union plans to tighten gun ownership laws for youngsters, a senior cabinet member told Reuters."

3-11-09 Winnenden/Albertville-Realschule
"The German government has agreed to curb gun rights, two months after a 17-year-old killed 15 people with a pistol taken from his father’s bedroom..."

4-10-09 OAED Vocational College
"...an unprecedented incident for Greece that fueled debate about laws governing gun ownership..."

4-30-09 State Oil Academy
"The Azerbajaini Parliament's Standing Human Rights Commission chair Rabiyyat Aslanova said that security must be increased in higher schools.... Aslanova said that cameras must be installed at the entrance to universities...."

8-3-09 LA Fitness Club Shooting
"Gov. Ed Rendell called it "another senseless shooting and a tragic shooting. It's a case where someone who clearly shouldn't have had a firearm because of mental problems had a firearm." "

11-26-09 Pecs University
"(Justice Minister Tibor) Draskovics said that Hungary's laws on the possession of firearms had to be reviewed to see if any tightening is necessary."

6-2-10 Cumbria taxi rampage
"The government has promised to lead a national debate on the gun laws with MPs debating the issue before the end of July."
"If we are looking for what the problem is, it is clearly that in our society we have a huge number of guns that we need to get rid of." --David Cameron, Prime Minister

edit on 10-4-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
shocking & sad!!

RIP for the people!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The shooter was the nephew of a man with interesting connections to TPTB:

www.ad.nl...&usg=A LkJrhiahKh6h1MVERFF7YLKnELIuKh0fA
Former general Ariel Vlis is the uncle of the boy (involved) in the mall massacre.

www.atlcom.nl...
Until recently General Arie van der Vlis was on the board of the Netherlands Atlantic Association, a Dutch CFR-type group with close association to NATO.

www.schutz-swart.com...
In 1992 he was promoted to 4-star general and Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces. After his retirement as Supreme Commander he was promoted to Adjutant in special service to HM Queen Beatrix.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The aftermath:

www.ad.nl...

Still think there isn't an agenda?
edit on 18-4-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

No
i dont see a strong indication of of an agenda.
In what way do you see one ?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The picture of a cop patting down a man in the streets is a result of the post-shooting hysteria. What would otherwise be seen as an unacceptable intrusion of police-state powers is now seen as justifiable. Of course now that a precedent has been set, police will gradually expand their power to stop and frisk you at their pleasure.
edit on 20-4-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It is part of my profile of these "Columbine-Client"-type shooters that they never act alone, so it is not surprising to me that they have identified a confederate:

wireupdate.com...
7-9-11
Police have identified a second suspect who allegedly knew of a gunman's deadly plan to attack....
...a man has been identified who was allegedly aware of Van der Vlis' plans but made no effort to warn police.

As there are indications of another shooter, or at least someone who was with the shooter part of the time, I suspect it is the person referred to in the news article. Or at the very least he probably goaded/convinced Tristan van der Vlis to do it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The objective of terrorism is to change the political landscape of the targeted nation, and we now have evidence of how the terrorists are, once again, succeeding:

www.dutchnews.nl...
Weapons such as the semi-automatic gun used in the Alphen aan den Rijn shopping centre shooting will no longer be legal for the general public when the gun laws are tightened up, justice minister Ivo Opstelten told a television talk show on Sunday.
.... Nor is is necessary to have guns at home.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join