It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Happen if US Govt Shut Down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
i want to know what will happen if us govt shut down? will UN take over or what? Any idea ?
edit on 9/4/11 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

and easy on the caps man

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
time to party we are actually saving a little bit of money slow how fast the depth of the hole grows

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well check out the situation in

Afghanistan, Somalia, Ruanda, San Salvador, former Soviet Union and many other countries who literally have no more government and you ll get the answer.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

www.abovetopsecret.com...

he said delivered the deepest spending cuts in U.S. budget history.

crap its not good DEEPEST rephrase BIGGEST!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

if usa became like them. i guaranteed usa will get attack by other country unless UN troops take over? is that what fema camp for?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Why would the gov shut down, it couldn't happen if the west failed the entire planets economy will collapse

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
lol that is such bull sh*t. i am Canadian, and yesterday was the first time i even heard of that. i watched Obama give his '30 Hours Until The Possible Gov Shut Down' speech and i must admit i had myself a little chuckle with the thought 'oh god, is this what American's have to deal with now?' as in, 'oh look at today's form of fear mongering' lol.

here's the reality. you can't definitively say if it would or wouldn't ever happen, BUT you can defiantly say that if the US gov was going to shut down they wouldn't be advertising it on national television, or rather anywhere. you really think the US gov given it's track record would tell it's heard of sheep the barn they live in is going to collapse on itself in 30 hours? no they'd just let it happen, leave it for a moment, then come in a bulldoze over the rubble, and then having already made it's fortune by skinning sheep over years, decides to retire and build itself a nice big mansion.

lol, thats a nice little way of putting it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
loagun: they just cut the payments for military half with immediate effect. which means every us soldier from now on gets only half of his/hers paycheck.

So they have to spread the news. if they want or not.

And imagine thousands of armed men who getting pissed, because they're risking their lives for a nation that can't pay them.
There's many doom scenarios that can rise from this situation. We ve seen it in the last days of the soviet union..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeafRaz

if usa became like them. i guaranteed usa will get attack by other country unless UN troops take over? is that what fema camp for?

Well after having attacked so many countries in the last decades, it could very well be that one or another country or organisation will take it's chance for revenge.

Then you are expecting the UN Troops to take over ? Which UN troops you are thinking of ? The "Coalition of the willing "? Which was Poland, UK, Afghanistan, East Timor, Australia and Palau ?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
all that would happen was the media would say how eveil the Republicans are and how their Messiah came and saved the country once again..........this is all just a talking point for politicians...nothing more, nothing less. Obama neds the pr.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I already gave an explanation here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically all federal services that need to keep operating keep running. However military service members would not be paid on schedule. Federal refund checks would not go out and would be delayed. Parks, etc. would be closed. Then the real question I have is would furloughed federal workers get back pay when the government starts operating again? I don't know. Congress would get paid anyway which I think should be changed. However I would prefer that they agree to a longer term budget and more serious spending cuts so that we don't default on our national debt and liabilities coming up next month or anytime in the next several years. I believe serious spending cuts would boost the value of the US dollar which would lead to a big drop in oil and gas prices because oil is priced in dollars. A big drop in gas prices would boost the US economy and the stock market. If Ben Bernanke thinks it's important to create wealth among Americans via the so called wealth effect where people spend more if they feel like their assets are worth more money, then I believe congress should help out. Enact big spending cuts. Boost the value of the US dollar.

Shutting down the US government via a shutdown is not a big deal. It's happened before. It may be a big deal if you don't get paid on time and you need the money but for the nation, it's not a major problem. Now if the US defaults on our national debt by not raising the debt ceiling in time or if they don't agree on enough serious budget cuts and we don't fix our longer term problems, we may be digging a hole we can't get out of.
edit on 9/4/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by prodomino
Why would the gov shut down, it couldn't happen if the west failed the entire planets economy will collapse

I agree on the part: if the west failed the entire planets economy will collapse.

Why do you think it could not happen ?

Check out this site: www.usdebtclock.org...

US national debt is around 14 Trillions by now. Which means every taxpayer would have to pay 128'500 dollars to get out of debt. Thing is that the personal debt per citizen is around 52'000 dollars.

Do you see any way out of this ??

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Financial Emergency Of The United States Only Postponed

Democrats and Republicans are celebrating the agreement on the budget dispute. But in May the U.S. to the debt ceiling. After threat of insolvency. The relief did not last long.

www.TheAsiaSun.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

oh did they? sorry i stopped paying attention to US Gov 'news', well basically all news coming out of the US a little over a month ago because really it's quite the obvious staged 'reality' show once you take a break from it, and then look at it again. i am Canadian and we have our own staged election going on at the moment.

if the US Gov did that i actually see it as a good thing for the US citizens. at least now you know the military soldiers will be on your side when the NWO tries to enforce martial law after the comet comes.

top topics

join