Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Get out of California before the next big quake!

page: 7
13
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd
 

Ehhh..... I've lived in Southern California for the past 21 years.
We get quakes all the time = continuously!
Looking at the USGS California/Nevada map, it doesn't look any more busy than any other time that I've been looking at it! (probably for 10+ years?).

USGS California / Neveda Earthquake Map





posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't think people are just going to quit their jobs, sell their homes and just go somewhere "safe" because you had a dream.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
i live in southern ca, and i enjoy it here. probably more than any other state.. i know the big one will come.. whether i survive it or not is another thing. but i refuse to compromise my life and move out of fear because the big one will come..

guess what other big one will come.. death. it's inevitable. so many elements of death remain prevalent all over the world. car crashes, murders, accidents.. there's other ways to go out in CA, and many people will go out in another way before the big one hits.

i refuse to compromise my life, i am going to continue living here and do what i need and want to do as long as i'm allowed. if the big one comes so be it, but running and running until you find a corner with no where else to run to is worst to me than being hit by the big one. running will only spare you a little more time



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjleonid12
I just looked at the map from USGS, and there are A LOT of little earthquakes. More than what (I think) is normal, even for California. With that being said, I have a felling a big one might be happening very soon, there. I just kinda have a feeling. Its almost like I can kinda see a big/huge square on the USGS map. So, maybe, you're right.

Nope.
Doesn't look any busier than any other time I've looked at it.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Honestly, if nothing happens I'm sure some of you would try and create a quake.... Get over it. If anything happened in Cali and loads of people in that area went down.....man, the people I've been in touch with over the years, the people that have inspired me, the people that have changed me and made me who I am. F*** that. I can't even think about it.

I really resent this crap, can't begin to explain how much it bugs me, and how much I loathe the people creating drama for the sake of it.

Just because Japan had a massive quake it doesn't mean Cali is next, give it a rest and stop stressing people.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
you people need to give up on these 'earthquake fear mongering i can earn a million flags this way threads.' how many quake predictions were there for march? how many of these 'mega quakes' went down??

NONE!!!!!!!! THIS IS GETTING REALLY ANNOYING

if it happens it happens, dont waste your time trying to put fear into the hearts of others. the creator of the universe will say when this will happen and will MAKE this happen. OR!!!! haarp will come and do it themselves...

just stop with it already, please. there are other things to research and better ways to earn flags or stars on this website.


There were predictions:


and I remember a thread here on ATS with someone predicting the Japan mega quake.

Predictions were made. Did you really do some research before making such a statement?



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd
 


OMG! OMG! OMG!

Look at that cluster of little earthquakes all in one place north of S.F.!
It's called the Geysers they have small earthquakes there almost continuously. It has several geothermal power plants and is one of the more recent areas, to have significant active volcanoes in CA.

Wow, look at that set of giant, magnitude 4 quakes near Mexicali!
Called the San Andreas fault, maybe you have heard of it.

OMG, there are way more quakes in CA than anywhere else in the U.S.!
Its always like this, DO YOUR HOMEWORK or you will flunk earth science.

I am pretty sad that ATS has come to where this gets a top posting.

M



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yes, OP. I think it would be a great idea to move out of Cali. A quake is imminent imo. California is the only "corner" of the Ring of Fire that didn't shake yet. Japan, Chile, New Zealand, I think Cali is ready to go. The worst thing in this...it's a subduction zone, meaning it would just sink into the ocean.

And I think it would be wise to move out of every dangerous zone (volcanos, seismic zones...)

But I know some people can't because they're trapped into society (jobs they can't quit, as an example).



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber
reply to post by samlf3rd
 


OMG! OMG! OMG!

Look at that cluster of little earthquakes all in one place north of S.F.!
It's called the Geysers they have small earthquakes there almost continuously. It has several geothermal power plants and is one of the more recent areas, to have significant active volcanoes in CA.

Wow, look at that set of giant, magnitude 4 quakes near Mexicali!
Called the San Andreas fault, maybe you have heard of it.

OMG, there are way more quakes in CA than anywhere else in the U.S.!
Its always like this, DO YOUR HOMEWORK or you will flunk earth science.

I am pretty sad that ATS has come to where this gets a top posting.

M


Ohhhhh! Wait up!

Do YOUR homework. You may learn that California WILL suffer from a major quake one day or another. It's called the Ring of Fire. Seismology is more complex than what you think. It will happen, what is wrong with moving out or preparing yourself? It could save your life!



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This thread and the first few post are the reason this site is going down hill! i know ive read this too many times but these need to stop! yes lets pack up out of fear cause the talkin computer man said to lol. at least post some numbers or an article or some interesting facts to read about not just ranting how your young and not fear mongering. jeez man



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
I really hope no one listens to ur warning, the more people lost in this disaster will be a world better off, californians are the root of idiots


You're a Republican, aren't you



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ok so where do people go. You better get out of new york city and washington dc because there may be a terroist attack with a dirty bomb. Better get out of every large city for that matter cause of possible terroist strike. Better get out of tornado alley because an f5 might hit. Better get off the east coast, and gulf coast because a cat 5 hurricane may hit. Better get out of the south where the new madrid fault is. Better not drive anywhere because you may die in a car accident. When does it stop. Life is full of something big might happen. No place is safe from nature, and every day countless things can happen to you that will kill you.


Cause of Death

Lifetime Odds




Heart Disease


1-in-5




Cancer


1-in-7




Stroke


1-in-23




Accidental Injury


1-in-36




Motor Vehicle Accident*


1-in-100




Intentional Self-harm (suicide)


1-in-121




Falling Down


1-in-246




Assault by Firearm


1-in-325




Fire or Smoke


1-in-1,116




Natural Forces (heat, cold, storms, quakes, etc.)


1-in-3,357




Electrocution*


1-in-5,000




Drowning


1-in-8,942




Air Travel Accident*


1-in-20,000




Flood* (included also in Natural Forces above)


1-in-30,000




Legal Execution


1-in-58,618




Tornado* (included also in Natural Forces above)


1-in-60,000




Lightning Strike (included also in Natural Forces above)


1-in-83,930




Snake, Bee or other Venomous Bite or Sting*


1-in-100,000




Earthquake (included also in Natural Forces above)


1-in-131,890




Dog Attack


1-in-147,717




Asteroid Impact*


1-in-200,000**



Tsunami*

1-in-500,000




Fireworks Discharge


1-in-615,488

Source: www.livescience.com...

edit on 10-4-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: more data



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This thread and the first few post are the reason this site is going down hill! i know ive read this too many times but these need to stop! yes lets pack up out of fear cause the talkin computer man said to lol. at least post some numbers or an article or some interesting facts to read about not just ranting how your young and not fear mongering. jeez man oh sorry didnt relize it was in the dreams and predictions section in hopes of sayin that u predicted it first bla bla. so old so old. f
edit on 10-4-2011 by BlueDream because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159
 


I know this, but saying there is a 99% chance of a major quake on the San Andreas in the next 30 years, and that the whole state needs to evacuate now based on one USGS map, that has no real abnormalities is another thing altogether!

M

Thanks for the reply though, at least there is some intellegent life out there.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
Yes, OP. I think it would be a great idea to move out of Cali. A quake is imminent imo. California is the only "corner" of the Ring of Fire that didn't shake yet. Japan, Chile, New Zealand, I think Cali is ready to go. The worst thing in this...it's a subduction zone, meaning it would just sink into the ocean.



The ENTIRE STATE? JUST SINKS INTO THE OCEAN??

you base that theory on what?



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

Originally posted by morefiber
reply to post by samlf3rd
 



Seismology is more complex than what you think. It will happen, what is wrong with moving out or preparing yourself? It could save your life!



Yes, your are sort of correct! Seismology is way more complex than even expert Seismologists think. I have taken steps to prepare myself for the big one, thanks for the concern. BTW where do you live?

Since you reply, what do you think of the fact that the magnetic pole is drifting faster than it ever has since we started recording it in the1600s.

M



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Ok so where do people go. You better get out of new york city and washington dc because there may be a terroist attack with a dirty bomb. Better get out of every large city for that matter cause of possible terroist strike. Better get out of tornado alley because an f5 might hit. Better get off the east coast, and gulf coast because a cat 5 hurricane may hit. Better get out of the south where the new madrid fault is. Better not drive anywhere because you may die in a car accident. When does it stop. Life is full of something big might happen. No place is safe from nature, and every day countless things can happen to you that will kill you.


Cause of Death

Lifetime Odds




Heart Disease


1-in-5




Cancer


1-in-7




Stroke


1-in-23




Accidental Injury


1-in-36




Motor Vehicle Accident*


1-in-100




Intentional Self-harm (suicide)


1-in-121




Falling Down


1-in-246




Assault by Firearm


1-in-325




Fire or Smoke


1-in-1,116




Natural Forces (heat, cold, storms, quakes, etc.)


1-in-3,357




Electrocution*


1-in-5,000




Drowning


1-in-8,942




Air Travel Accident*


1-in-20,000




Flood* (included also in Natural Forces above)


1-in-30,000




Legal Execution


1-in-58,618




Tornado* (included also in Natural Forces above)


1-in-60,000




Lightning Strike (included also in Natural Forces above)


1-in-83,930




Snake, Bee or other Venomous Bite or Sting*


1-in-100,000




Earthquake (included also in Natural Forces above)


1-in-131,890




Dog Attack


1-in-147,717




Asteroid Impact*


1-in-200,000**



Tsunami*

1-in-500,000




Fireworks Discharge


1-in-615,488

Source: www.livescience.com...

edit on 10-4-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: more data



Hey, you forgot autoerotic asphyxiation.

Sorry, something from an X-Files episode I had to add!



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by morefiber
 


O.K. I take the intelligent life comment back, and I am so out of this thread. Is this really what this site has become in the 6 months or so. A bunch of tweens and teens, or am I wrong.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

1 in 1 million people will die from autoerotic asphyxiation
reply to post by Hitoshura
 


Ask and you shall recieve.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979

1 in 1 million people will die from autoerotic asphyxiation
reply to post by Hitoshura
 


Ask and you shall recieve.




Thanks! Good to know the stats on that one.





new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join