It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out of California before the next big quake!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Nahhh I'm not going anywhere.. Run from the quake andf die of radiation because I ran.
You just don't understand life if you think running can save you. As long as I don't push the envelope, or tempt the almighty. I'm not gonna die one second before my time. And when it's my time, you won't see any fear on me. It's just that time of day. I look at death, it smiles, I smile back. Someday we all solve the great mystery. Death could be our greatest adventure.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by WooWoo
I am very scared about what is to come because I have been having dreams about the end days for some 35 years . No one in my reality has listened to me and all think I am nuts. .

Well, looks like you've been wrong for 35 years. What makes you think the next 35 years will be any different?

It must be like waiting for Jesus to return......................................waiting........................still waiting................
maybe he is on that comet...................

incredibleousminds.. maybe you need a better diet

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld
I check USGS almost everyday & I see those little
1.5 & 2 mags all throughout the SA fault all week,
while not exactly a expert I assume this is relieving
pressure along the fault. Keeps a balance, maybe?

BTW, California is an economic train-wreck &
3rd world hell-hole & that's enough to drive me way, IF I had the funds.

I am not so sure you would find it better in most other states. and as for the faults, who lives near a volcano, near one of the USA's 3 super volcanos, tornados, an area of devastating lack of water..which leads to fire and drought. Yours could kill you first, they say it could be 30 years or more for the fault to go and then we don't know how bad that would be. OH I forgot nuke plants??
edit on 9-4-2011 by Char-Lee because: add

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by works4dhs

Exactly, my friends father is very high up at a big insurance agency, and they recently stopped offering hurricane and earthquake insurance to people who live on fault lines, and coasts. They look at it in a scientific (data driven with real conclusions and variables) and have determined that the bad out weights the good. They also felt that it would saves lives by letting the ideals of this set in, and maybe people will see the reasoning behind it, and be encouraged to move just a little touch inland or off the fault line. www.insure.com...

Our home insurance carrier is required to offer us earthquake and flood insurance here in Ca. It would double our yearly premium for the earthquake insurance so we can't afford it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

reply to post by works4dhs

Exactly, my friends father is very high up at a big insurance agency, and they recently stopped offering hurricane and earthquake insurance to people who live on fault lines, and coasts. They look at it in a scientific (data driven with real conclusions and variables) and have determined that the bad out weights the good. They also felt that it would saves lives by letting the ideals of this set in, and maybe people will see the reasoning behind it, and be encouraged to move just a little touch inland or off the fault line. www.insure.com...

Our home insurance carrier is required to offer us earthquake and flood insurance here in Ca. It would double our yearly premium for the earthquake insurance so we can't afford it.
My sister lives in western Tenn, and her quake insurance carrier dropped her,. said they cant cover it any more, she was forced to go with a much pricer company.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjleonid12
I just looked at the map from USGS, and there are A LOT of little earthquakes. More than what (I think) is normal, even for California. With that being said, I have a felling a big one might be happening very soon, there. I just kinda have a feeling. Its almost like I can kinda see a big/huge square on the USGS map. So, maybe, you're right.

Man if i had a cookie for everyone that said "I just have a feeling' boy would i be fat!

I forgot the last time I was supposed to know you were skinny. What kind of cookie do you want? Chocolate chip? The soft kind? You know, my favorite. Besides, its just a feeling. Juuuustt saying...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The number and magnitude of quakes shown on the USGS map of California is no different than it's been for as long as I've been observing it.

It's always, always, always the wisest course to be prepared. I say this in every quake thread. Have sufficient bottled water, non-perishable food, a battery or otherwise non-grid dependent radio, blankets, flashlights, batteries, first aid (bandages, tape, disinfectants for various roles; debride, disinfect, hydrate, protect, etc.) any medication you'll need, and any supplies you might need, for at least two to three weeks. Have a meeting place for you and your loved ones in the event that one or all of your homes are destroyed. Have high ground that you can quickly get to in the unlikely event of a Cascadia Subduction zone quake triggering a tsunami. All of that is always sound advice, 365 days a year.

It is going to happen someday. It's a matter of when, not if. But if I left California every time there was a prediction of a quake, I would never be here. I don't have the means, money, or resources to move. I don't even have a car, nor friends or family with a car. So if I die in a quake, so be it. But I will - with all due respect to opinions to the contrary - reject any notion that I "deserved it" for not leaving.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I just looked at the map from USGS, and there are A LOT of little earthquakes. More than what (I think) is normal, even for California. With that being said, I have a felling a big one might be happening very soon, there. I just kinda have a feeling. Its almost like I can kinda see a big/huge square on the USGS map. So, maybe, you're right.

Man if i had a cookie for everyone that said "I just have a feeling' boy would i be fat!

I forgot the last time I was supposed to know you were skinny. What kind of cookie do you want? Chocolate chip? The soft kind? You know, my favorite. Besides, its just a feeling. Juuuustt saying...

Send me a nutter-butter peanut butter please :-) thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Had a dream about 7 or 8 months ago, the golden gate was completely destroyed, I consider my dreams warnings and don't discount them at all. My bets are on cali will have the big quake, very soon, I'm not wishing death on anyone, but, with the way the world has been going since katrina, and japan being the latest of natural disasters, its pretty obvious. We here in the states have gotten away with alot. Well yeah we got hit by katrina, but compared to the rest of the world, we ain't seen nothing yet. Fasten your safety belts and pull up your boot straps, we are in, for quite a ride.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I too, live in California. If anything, I'll be looking for signs in nature and continue to surf the net for live updates.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've heard prediction after prediction of earthquakes in California and so far none of the have come to fruition. What makes you think I would believe this. So you have a few maps. You need more proof than that to convince people.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
In the bible jesus gives the best advice. "Focus on today dont worry about what tomorrow will bring. because you dont know what the future will be"

its good advice. dont stress out and think an earthquake is going to get you. focus on your stresses today and deal with them. tomorrow will bring a new day and deal with that day tomorrow. if an earthquakes does strike california then you can rely on god for strength to get you thru that.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Lousiest attempt at fear mongering EVER.

Have you not heard, Cali is located over a seismic zone, care to do some thinking about this and relate it to the data that you saw?

I hate the low level some people are going for... Easy to say, when you don't live in Cali, you just type on your PC keyboard behind your monitor in your box you call a room, saying "Everyone, be afraid", then you walk away for a cornflakes break and a cup of milk. Just to come back later in pursuit of the next doomsday possibility.

Worry about this - when (IF, and it's a big if) you go out you might get hit by a drunk driver on the street, or get robbed by some low life.

Start caring about things that you could do something about them rather something we mere humans have no power over.

edit on 10-4-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Luckyxfactor

Exactly. I live in North County San Diego and stay alert but I don't worry about it.

My wife and I moved from Florida a couple of years back and we've felt exactly one earthquake here (last Easter). In Florida, we had to evacuate almost every year because of hurricanes.

So my question to those who tell us to get out is.....where should we go? Forget the Northwest - supposed to be a big one there + Yellowstone. Texas?....hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, etc. The Midwest?....flooding, blizzards, etc. The East?....hurricanes, tsunami from Cumbre Vieja, terrorists, etc.

Nowhere to go is safe.....just got to live and enjoy what you have in the moment.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Anyway right now a big CME is heading for Earth.

So, we shall see... but I expect a big quake to hit within days... maybe not California, but somewhere in the next few days.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Why single out California? Have a look at Alaska:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18692ae2638d.gif[/atsimg]

Here's a map of the Largest Earthquakes in the World Since 1900

It strikes me as being a bit simplistic to look at a map such as the one on the above-linked site, & then to decide that California must be due for a large 'quake simply because it's not had one to the scale of this map since 1900. That point of view overlooks the general shape of the Pacific Plate, current/recent stresses caused or relieved, etc. If it was an orderly progression all around the plate, I suppose many of us Californians would be moving, but it just doesn't work that way.

Back to Alaska, a quote from this site:

The frequency of earthquakes in Alaska is astounding. Covering only a small part of the Earth’s surface, Alaska accounts for fully 11 percent of the world’s earthquakes and more than half of those that originate in the United States. It experiences on average one magnitude seven earthquake every year and an earthquake greater than magnitude eight every 14 years.

I'm certainly not disputing the contention that California will experience a large 'quake in the future, but I don't get why so many issue dire warnings for this area, & overlook the fact that the entire western coastal area of the Americas is at risk as well.

My own personal feeling, admittedly based solely on my intuition, is that the next earthquake of Magnitude 7 or above to hit the West Coast of North America will have its epicenter somewhere between Alaska & Oregon. There have been enough doomsday predictions, complete with dates, for California lately that I started looking toward what I call my Muse regarding any impending 'quake; that's the answer that came back, not here in California, but further up north in the area named above.

Many of us are prepared with food/water stashes, emergency first aid kits, money, etc, and take comfort in the knowledge that if the next large one doesn't kill us, we'll be in good shape to hold out. As to why some of us don't move out... I haven't seen this brought up anywhere else, but for certain types of people who are sensitive to earth energy, whether they know it or not, a seismically active place like this is quite a ride for those who can handle it. If you don't know what I mean by that, I doubt I could explain it to your satisfaction. And if you do get what I'm talking about, I don't need to.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
you people need to give up on these 'earthquake fear mongering i can earn a million flags this way threads.' how many quake predictions were there for march? how many of these 'mega quakes' went down??

NONE!!!!!!!! THIS IS GETTING REALLY ANNOYING

if it happens it happens, dont waste your time trying to put fear into the hearts of others. the creator of the universe will say when this will happen and will MAKE this happen. OR!!!! haarp will come and do it themselves...

just stop with it already, please. there are other things to research and better ways to earn flags or stars on this website.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

It doesn't take a genius to see that California is probably one of the most seismically active fault zone in the world-as is any fault line rubbing along the Pacific rim.

Doesn't take a genius to tell you not all of us have a place to go; you really think it's so easy to up and leave everything behind? Or are you ignorant to that fact?

Do you honestly believe California can/will migrate for that fact? We know we're earthquake station; we live here with that risk in mind.

How does it sound me just telling you (everyone): "Evacuate your house and all your possessions before they're stolen by some thieves!"

Really doesn't make any sense, does it? We know earthquakes of large magnitudes are bound to happen eventually, doesn't mean the best idea is to evacuate.

Instead of telling people to leave, why not tell them to prepare? To make sure everything is in order? Fear-mongering or not, it really doesn't do anyone good by just telling them to abandon hope and quit.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Those in California, stay put. Do not move. Everything will be just fine. If it slides into the ocean, we'll have 95 percent less craziness, and waterfront property in Nevada!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
if i had to bet on a big earthqueake i would say Alaska not Cali.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join