It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential US Gov shutdowb possibility has now hit the MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It good to hear that POTUS BHO, has everything in order.

NEVER in my life have I heard these words on the MSM. only on places like ATS. but if they are now bringing this concept into the mainstream

Well then I would say we do not have long before all that we have been talking about will be close at hand

Be prepared, and good luck to all!.

Sky News

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Of course I am just catching up, But it also seems that Portugal has also gone down now too

Spain next!!

Sky

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
well whats the worst that would happen. My concern is what would happen to all thos epeople food stamps and dissabilty is it just shut down?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

Lets see what happens next week when silver pops 50 USD and gold above 1500.

this cannot end well

as the report says

back to the drawing board

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Dude, what are you talking about? What does the title of this thread mean? The shutdown was averted 4 hours ago. There's like 5 posts about this already. The title of your thread sounds like you're telling us the media just found out that the govt might shutdown. But that part already happened. Again, what are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Bigger news yet to come when two franchises of the same party , both owned by Goldman Sachs vote to raise the debt ceiling by another trillion dollars . They reached an agreement tonight to trim 38 billion which is laughable in the face of a 14.5 trillion dollar debt and if you watched the speeches after the agreement by Obama and John Boehner , they were identical . According to CNBC , just today , Friday , 98 billion was borrowed , one day , and the Republicons and Demowits managed to trim 38 billion for the year . Prepare for a hard landing .

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

The point of this is that the possibility of this even happening now being reported openly in the MSM to me at least is massive.

Yes it's being downplayed, for sure, using words like averted, and cross party agreement etc. however even for the MSM to use the phrases US Government and Shutdown in the same sentence is something that in all my years on this earth have never heard before!

This now puts the possibility of this firmly in the minds of the proletariat. something that you average Joe never thought they would have to consider. now they do!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

The U.S. government has shut down before, on November 14, 1995. The following day, November 15th, a certain white house intern told then president Bill Clinton, that she had a crush on him. Hilarity ensued.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The government has been shut down before. This is nothing new. Republicans got blamed for it last time. This time it seemed like both would be blamed with a slight margin blaming the Democrats and Obama together more than the Republicans. It was all political bickering. I think some of the last minute political bickering got both sides to agree at least to something temporary. It's kind of like seeing an asteroid coming at you on radar due to collide in a matter of days and the two guys in the control tower are arguing about which seat they get to take.

In my opinion the US needs to cut spending seriously and agree to some serious spending cuts. This political bickering over the last few weeks is about a drop in the bucket or less than 2 percent of the total budget. Serious spending cuts and a real budget would strengthen the US dollar and potentially avoid a collapse in the value of the dollar and help reverse oil and gas prices. Then our economy could actually improve. If they don't, then hello sky high inflation and a collapsing economy.

A government shut down would have delayed payments for people expecting government refunds and for military service members who need their paychecks on time. It would not have meant any collapse in the government. The collapse in our economy would likely occur if they don't raise the debt ceiling because it would cause a default on the US national debt. That debate and more spending cuts and the debate about it are still coming up.

The US needs very serious spending cuts because all of our debts combined are worse than any European country. I'm saying our debt is worse than the already bailed out countries. If every group of four people in the US were to pay up or pay off everything that is owed for our national debt plus what is owed for social security, medicare, medicaid, etc. etc. then we currently owe over $700,000 for every group of 4 people in this country. I don't know about you, but I can't afford to pay that or anything close to it.
edit on 9/4/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join