It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmer stranded alone in house since Japan's deadly tsunami, found by AP reporters!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
In the Northern Prefecture of Fukushima, a 75 years old man was found alone in his home. Barely able to walk, his car stuck in mud, he had to ignore the evacuation order since he had not the ability to leave.
He had another reason for not leaving; his wife disappeared while the Tsunami was getting to them.

"The tsunami came right up to my doorstep," he said. "I don't know what happened to my wife. She was here, but now she's gone."

Apparently following rescuers, the AP reporters decided to keep on looking if they could find somebody still alive.

Police were notified, but will help him when they can... AP reporters said they left the old man with some energy bars and water because he is beginning to be short on food and water. All his neighbors left and across the devastated landscape surrounding him rot corpses of dead animals...

He said he spent his lonely days since the disaster sitting in bed in his dark home and listening to a battery-powered radio.

You can find the rest of the article following the link below.

He resides about 12 miles ( 20 kilometers ) from Fukushima's destroyed nuclear plant.

The worst, I think, is that he might not be alone in his position... In the following hours, days,these people are likely to suffer from starvation and thirst while being irradiated...

May they find peace and their passing be quick if no help can get to them in time.

Kunio Shiga
edit on 9-4-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is the heartbreaking part .I am sure there are many more out there too.
Like in Katrina when they were finding bodies of older people who had made it to the attic but couldnt bust out to their roof.
They died there in the darkness all alone with no help in sight.
It is the goverments that set the priorities, and it is the people who suffer and die by them.
To think that all of this would have been avoided if they had used some common sense with the technology.
Instead greed blinded all concerned to the dangers.
Now the world will pay for it.
I think it would be great if the recipients of all the radioactivity got a class action suit together and broke the TEPCO power company.
Whose gonna pay for the cleanup?
Likely we all will.....
Still, Japan is largely innocent victims of the same huge corporate greed as the rest of us.
Its time to enslave the corporations to serve mankind.
If that means violent takeover of them so be it.
But i think we cold simply nationalize them if we wanted to.
There is no place in the world for competition between business and govt to degrade and destabilise our way of life.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

ohh god.
soo sad.

like a living nightmare.
he is living the apocalypse.
not a very different one from how i imagine it.

man oh man..
Im at a loss for words.

I share your feelings..
This is probably not an 'isolated event'..
and there are probably many living the same hell right now.

"she was here, now she is gone"

that is heavy...
I could cry..

Thanks for the post.

Blessings n Love upon them.
Upon everyone.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
"she was here, now she is gone"
Will be said of all of us at some point...

Inescapable Fact of Life
(IFoL)
edit on 9-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yes, it is an inescapable fact of life, but I would rather go with my loved ones around me in the warmth of my bed...

As for taking over corporations and the like... I keep wondering why people still do the work they do for ill intent people...

With all the things that need to be rationed, we know that the poor man is not high on the police list. It is the saddest part of survival... The "Sophie's Choice" that has to be taken... We are so used to see in movies that even if there is only place for one in a box, twenty can fit!, and then we expect to see it happening in real life.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This story broke my heart. Can you just imagine sitting on a bed in the dark, night after night, ALL ALONE with very little food and water. Can you put yourself in his position. Just sit on the side of your bed and turn off all lights for just ten minutes and imagine you are him. I can't stop crying. My heart is so broken for all these people. I wish I had millions of dollars and a ton of friends that could go there with me and help them. I feel so lucky to have never been through such a horrible event.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

This may seem cruel to say, but 1 man's life isn't worth the time when they have reactors in danger of going into meltdown. Its priorities people. Anyone uses any chance they get to blame the gov't.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

I understand what you say; I even posted something about it being a kind of "Sophie's choice", but saying that people are looking for reasons to blame the government... Until it is proven otherwise, we know that TEPCO AND the Japanese government have been lying for more than a decade about their nuclear stations...

You still think they cry for no reasons or blame for the fun of it?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That is so sad - any reason the reporters didn't take him back to civilisation or didn't he want to go because of his wife?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

He is all alone and and was wondering who would take care of him. He might have preferred to stay because of his missing wife...
I'm not sure I would want to move away if I was his age and saw my whole world being destroyed...

new topics

top topics

join