It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was a shutdown: How much money would have been saved per day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The vast majority of us would not have noticed if it shut down.

Just thinking, it must have been published before. How much money would we have saved per day of shutdown? Tens, hundreds of millions? Billions?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dbriefed

They would of delayed the checks.
Everybody would still get paid.
Just some would not of had to work to get it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So, not a dent in the US debt clock?

www.usdebtclock.org...

I know interest would keep rapidly spinning. But just a delay in paychecks? How disappointing.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
No ShutDown..last minute deal made

I'd like to know how many people actually believed the hype and fear-mongering that went on threatening to shut down the Gonvernment?

This absolutely came as nooo surprise to me. I think I was more shocked @ those that believed the hype! They didn't let us down by waiting until the last hour. They deserve a *Golden Globe* for they're roles they each played.

add
edit on 9-4-2011 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The government isn't going to give up its seat of power for anything except a violent insurrection; we all know that is highly unlikely given our black budget and military funding.

They aren't going to shut down anything. They are going to scare the public into doing what they want and then make us think it was our idea, or our fault. In either case they win, we lose.

King

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I dunnu how should I save my money!

www.TheAsiaSun.com...
Financial Emergency Of The United States Only Postponed

www.TheAsiaSun.com...
US Must Take Drastic Cost-cutting Measures:
If the Republicans and Obama disagreed on a budget, the U.S. government is shut not. The debate is no longer about money but about ideology.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
No ShutDown..last minute deal made

I'd like to know how many people actually believed the hype and fear-mongering that went on threatening to shut down the Gonvernment?

This absolutely came as nooo surprise to me. I think I was more shocked @ those that believed the hype! They didn't let us down by waiting until the last hour. They deserve a *Golden Globe* for they're roles they each played.

add
edit on 9-4-2011 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

Yup. All it tells me is most people here are too young to remember this EXACT SAME SCRIPT in the late 90's with Clinton and Gingrich, or most Americans truly do have the memory of a goldfish.

new topics

top topics

join