It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasmons Create Beautiful Full-Color Holograms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Plasmons Create Beautiful Full-Color Holograms

www.wired.com

By harnessing the power of tiny waves dancing in an electron sea, Japanese physicists have developed a novel way to project holograms that don’t change color when you move your head.

“In a conventional hologram, if you change the angle, the color changes,” said optical physicist Satoshi Kawata of Osaka University in Japan. “Our hologram shows natural color at any angle you observe.”

The researchers’ machine takes advantage of how beams of light trigger waves of activity in free electrons, unattached to any atom, arrayed on a metal surface.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well it's not the holograms like in star wars but it looks cool or as good as any other real hologram I've seen. I can't wait tell you can take out your cell phone answer a call and there is a hologram projected of the person your talking to. This is not the first device to produce 3-D, colored holographs under white light, MIT’s Media Lab, also debuted an updatable 3-D holographic video earlier this year.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'd think this would be of more interest around here, for example to people who use the words 'Project Bluebeam' on a regular basis.

Not being one of them myself, I still think it's pretty awesome.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Quantum physics is the future of perfect holograms. You can manipulate the properties of the Universe, you just need to understand it first, know all the variables, know all the constants blablabla.. It is like any system, if you understand it, you can manipulate it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
so this is how they are going to show maitreya to the world....en.wikipedia.org...

OPERATION BLUEBEAM...faking the rapture...!!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That's amazing stuff!

I wonder what is next

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Project Bluebeam?

LOL!

If TPTB tries to fake an alien invasion with this kind of technology, only the fools will fall for it. This is not good enough yet, but I'm pretty sure the US Army has better hologram technologies than this.

Well...I hope so, for their project, because the UFOs would look SO fake with this hologram technology

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is an impressive next step towards r2-d2's message recordings. Really the most awesome thing to look forward to is holodecks, but those are soooooo far off. Or, maybe not? Technology does have a habit of constantly accelerating forward.

Oh, and also, the word plasmon is totally cool. Right? Right.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't know about everyone else (I see someone above mentioned Project Bluebeam already) but this just makes me wonder what trillions of dollars of military funding across so many years has accomplished as far as holograms in the US.

It's sad that in other societies technology is seen as benefiting everyone, but to the US, technological research and development is inevitably of a military value first and foremost, and that's where the most money is poured into it. And then you never get to hear about what they've come up with, of course.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Amazing thanks for the post

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

It certainly would be nice if things were researched outside of military application first and foremost, but that's never, ever going to happen so long as people are living in constant fear of each other, which is the general state of the world as a whole right now and is the way it's been for a while. The worst part is that the fear leads to international anger and aggression which some believe justifies the fear that caused it in the first place.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
wow

that is pretty awesome!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I don't know about everyone else (I see someone above mentioned Project Bluebeam already) but this just makes me wonder what trillions of dollars of military funding across so many years has accomplished as far as holograms in the US.

It's sad that in other societies technology is seen as benefiting everyone, but to the US, technological research and development is inevitably of a military value first and foremost, and that's where the most money is poured into it. And then you never get to hear about what they've come up with, of course.

The technology controlled by the military industrial complex is many decades ahead of that in the public civilian world. The Holographic Technology employed by the military is indistinguishable from reality. They also have direct neural interface devices that can immerse individuals in an environment that is also indistinguishable from reality. Although it is mostly used for the transferring of data to/from the storage medium of the brain.

There is essentially a separate breakaway civilization that exists, where only the elite and privileged partake of. All of which is fueled by technology that has been suppressed and utilized to control our world while establishing a separate society, the God-like ruling class.

top topics

join