It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US gov are providing Al Qaeda with material support.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
After the events of 9/11, it had emerged that the US were responsible in part, to the arming of the very people they were, and are still fighting in Afghanistan.

People are in the news headlines left right and center about being charged with giving material support to Al Qaeda and/or any other terrorist organization.

The people uprising against Col Gaddafi are labeled and called rebels and insurgents with ease, like its nothing out of the ordinary.

Col Gaddafi has repeatedly claimed that the uprising in Libya is being driven by Al Qaeda.

The rebel leader has said this

Source

Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

And now the US gov are thinking about arming the rebels?

The US gov are providing Al Qaeda with material support for terrorism!

From Wikipedia

Providing material support for terrorism is a provision of the USA PATRIOT Act (18 U. S. C. §2339B) which prohibits material support to groups designated as terrorists. The four types of support described are “training,” “expert advice or assistance,” “service,” and “personnel.” In June 2010 the United States Supreme Court upheld the law in the case Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project 561 U. S.

I'm all for defeating terrorism and keeping ourselves and our values safe, but this is outright hypocrisy and demented in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
last time i checked al qaeda was fake

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I hope this isn't too far off topic. I heard a sound bite from Geraldo Rivera last night. He was talking about Libya's armed forces. He called them Libyan, and corrected himself, then calling them Qaddafi forces.

The charade continues as to what is really going on and who is allied with who.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I was thinking about this earlier today, thanks for the thread! This seems like the Afghan war against the Soviets, all over again... There is much that can be interpreted by what the US government is doing. Trying to draw insurgents out of Iraq? Who knows. I can't understand how any reasonable American intelligence agency could believe this is the right thing to do without more facts! Securing funds for arbitrary and hot-headed decisions is not a sport for our public employees to play. We are sick of it. Why can't the government just talk to us? You know, let us know the reasoning behind its actions and decisions, maybe ask us if we approve? Three wars? It is getting out of hand.

I can think of one viable reason for this, and it seems ridiculous even to me (To be honest, deep down I check myself with the knowledge that the nations of the world are out for money and power over people). The mainstream media says Ghaddafi, Quaddafi, whatever, helped orchestrate the Lockerbie bombing. With all the training the US has had with regard to the now standard Arab urban insurgent that likes to draw things out, maybe they would prefer dealing with that of which they are familiar? As opposed to a leader known for sponsoring successful terrorists who must be harboring a huge vendetta against the West right about now. I'd probably pick the same side, we don't need oil billions back on the quest for nukes.

TL;DR: Government - We can handle the truth, give it to us.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Last time checked Al Qaeda was Al CIA duh. America armed the Taliban when they where fighting the Russians, now America are continuing generations of conflict in the region. The fighting there has nothing to do with Bin Laden and 9/11. As for Libya, the CIA are on the ground supporting the rebels in the insurrection. There have not been the mass protests of the people calling for revolution like in Tunisia and Egypt. Gadaffi was right to put down the attempted coup. NATO and the US are attempting a false flag invasion under a humanitarian disguise.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Forgot to say in my comment above.

This is three wars that the government is allowing the media to tell us about. No news on Yemen, operations against the Somali Shabab; West Africa. The US budget deficit is $1.5 trillion, and the military budget is decreasing? How many ex-Madoff and Enron employees do we have working in goverment? Where did you guys learn to cook the books at that level of heat?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Last time checked Al Qaeda was Al CIA duh. America armed the Taliban when they where fighting the Russians, now America are continuing generations of conflict in the region. The fighting there has nothing to do with Bin Laden and 9/11. As for Libya, the CIA are on the ground supporting the rebels in the insurrection. There have not been the mass protests of the people calling for revolution like in Tunisia and Egypt. Gadaffi was right to put down the attempted coup. NATO and the US are attempting a false flag invasion under a humanitarian disguise.

Who said anything about Bin Laden and 9/11 being the reason for all the fighting duh?

I alluded to the fact the "information" came out about arming the insurgents after 9/11 had happened, not because of the fact it happened.

And did you read the source material?

edit on 9-4-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by insite

Thanks for the reply insite!

Had a good read

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Bin Laden and 9/11 was in reference to the Taliban. I put it in to show that the government has no problems with dishing out the BS when it comes to war. I have read the article now, it falls in line with many other articles and statements that have been made since this Libyan war started.

top topics

join