It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why is USAID paying for Walmarts supply chain? Could it be Hillary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Seems USAID has teamed up with Walmart to create a supply chain from South America to Walmart. I guess Walmart does not have enough money to supply themselves with products they have to get subsidized by the USAID or US tax payers. There not doing this in one country but several in South America.

www.usaid.gov...

The USAID-Walmart regional agreement builds on experience gained from previous collaborations in Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and El Salvador. One of the lessons learned is that formal relationships between the suppliers and the corporate buyers provide the long-term perspective necessary to ensure the sustainability of the program. Another is that small farmers benefit greatly when buyers explain their quality and quantity standards and share their production calendars.

So is Hillary working for Walmart again. She runs USAID. She was the attorney for Walmart when they first started in business. Now shes the money paying for there next cheap product.
edit on 8-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Heres some information on her Walmart days.
www.nytimes.com...

In 1986, Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart, had a problem. He was under growing pressure from shareholders — and his wife, Helen — to appoint a woman to the company’s 15-member board of directors.

So Mr. Walton turned to a young lawyer who just happened to be married to the governor of Arkansas, where Wal-Mart is based: Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Mrs. Clinton’s six-year tenure as a director of Wal-Mart, the nation’s largest company, remains a little known chapter in her closely scrutinized career. And it is little known for a reason. Mrs. Clinton rarely, if ever, discusses it, leaving her board membership out of her speeches and off her campaign Web site.

Fellow board members and company executives, who have not spoken publicly about her role at Wal-Mart, say Mrs. Clinton used her position to champion personal causes, like the need for more women in management and a comprehensive environmental program, despite being Wal-Mart’s only female director, the youngest and arguably the least experienced in business. On other topics, like Wal-Mart’s vehement anti-unionism, for example, she was largely silent, they said.

Her years on the Wal-Mart board, from 1986 to 1992

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
www.devex.com...

The U.S. Agency for International Development and Walmart, a U.S. multinational retailer, have agreed to jointly support small rural farmers in Central America under a partnership that aims to connect them with the company’s regional and international supply chains.

The three-year partnership links USAID’s Feed the Future and Walmart’s Global Sustainable Agriculture Goals, which focuses on supporting farmers and their communities, sustainably sourcing agricultural products and producing more food with less waste.

Actitivites conducted under the partnership will be jointly funded by USAID, Walmart, Walmart Foundation, Central American governments, non-governmental organizations and other private sector partners.

So all this money that USAID gives to farmers is only for farms who sale to Walmart. Why not any other stores?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I've been pretty sure some govt. deal has been going on.
First they got those stupid tv monitors all over the place in the stores - then they announce that crap about homeland security, see something say something.

I thought - I bet they are getting paid to advertise those messages - at least probably they got the equipment. Gosh it is horrid stuff. I about would rather see big sis on the things because if it isn't her it is some chemically convenience food they are pushing out on folks.

Ok, so THEN they say Walmart will start offering healthier foods at better prices. They do lately - our Walmart (it is practically next door, ok, so I admit, I go several times a week, so I see a lot. If it rains, I go just to walk around that huge store for exercise)...Ok...so the front of the store in the produce NOW always has about 10 bins of very good priced produce. It varies every couple of days.

I had thought they had made that deal with the govt., somehow to their advantage...to offer a certain percent of their produce at very low prices. Organic food and stuff is just as high as ever, but those bins sometimes offer some good deals on avacodos, cantaloupes, onions, apples, ect.

I bet it all ties in together.
ETA: Wikileaks taught me that the department of state should be the sales dept.
This only proves it further. It's all of em. Every politician in power is in bed with corporate interests. America for sale. If 'the people' get some benefit, oh great. We woudn't need it if we were not being crushed like fleas.
edit on 9-4-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well, she has said she will not be running for president, continuing in her current post, or, as far as I've heard, doing any other sort of "political" thing after her current gig is up.

In effect, she is "retiring".

Sounds like she might be setting up a sweet deal for herself when she's done. Some military officers have been known to do that as well, arranging favorable contracts for certain companies, then being hired by that company on retirement.

Just a thought.

top topics

join