It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else check the FDIC website on Fridays for failures?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I do... more of that rubber necking at the wreck, can't seem to help myself.

Earlier tonight I swear there were 2, one in IL and one in NV... now there is only the one in IL?
Really, I'm just hoping someone else saw this... don't want to be imagining things.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No way man!

If I found out my bank failed on Friday it would disrupt my weekend plans.

I wan't to find out it failed at the ATM on a sunny Saturday afternoon so I can spend my last two dollars on an ice cream cone!

Don't be chained to a computer...................find out your bank failed in person!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

Not checking my bank... just how many in the country and where. They always close them on Fridays so the consumer rarely notices until they go in the next time and there's a new name on the door. Not like you won't get your money... the FDIC just has the Treasury print more so they can borrow it from the Fed.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

I live in Las Vegas and yes the bank went under
Nevada commerce bank

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by laslidealist

Thank you for that. Just a sanity check.

I've never seen a posting of theirs disappear before. I see it's back now along with another in IL.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

you were right it did disappear because when i first read it and then went back after you posted to make sure i got the right one because there are a lot of banks out here that start with the word Nevada it was gone and no longer on the same site so i had to dig a bit to find it.
Does seem kind of odd but remember we are dealing with 3 year old spoiled children that have nothing better to do than play games to fuel the ego.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yup. Check it every week. Got a bit tired of it. But I do track all the failures in a spreadsheet.

new topics

top topics

join