It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies (Panic) its going to be a bad day in your neighborhood!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Board up the doors and windows, grab my fam and bug out gear and make like I'm on the roof of Philly mall in 1978.

I can picture you doing that shooting at them like target practice

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by karileigh77
im ready for the zombies i need to get rid of stress

it would be a great stress reliever!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
First thing I would do is call my son-in-law who lives next door to me---He has all the serious fire power and then I would call my other daughter who lives next door to them and tell her the S done HTF! We would gather up all the weapons, ammo, food items,water, extra clothes and get in our vehicles and get the hell out of Dodge. Then I suppose we would look for a safe place that would be easy to defend or look for people to band up with. Hopefully the Zombies will be the "Romero" type. If they are fast zombies---at my age I am SOL

Well dont band up with me cuz im slow as hell we would be the frist ones ate if there fast zombies

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by karileigh77
i would use a flame thrower my uncle has one hes a little shady bit at this point who is going to ask

I don't think there will be alot of time to chat about anything lol grab that flame thrower and light them up ! a flame thrower would be a handy thing to have around for sure..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainKing098
Lmao well i dont like my neighbor very much so id give him a fake tear than start packin for the worst. Check the news right quick, and itll prolly say "Flesh eating Zombies in your neighbor? No need to worry their harmless". Put a big ol' bullet hole right throw the TV and than round up every gun i have and load it up in the Dodge. With the whole family strapped, than were going to Walmart and any Zomb zomb we see on the way are either getting a mouth full of 4500 pounds of a V8 HEMI or a nice .357 caliber size hole through their noggin. Barricade ourselves and i hope to god some people are still left alive, inside the walmart and hold out. Than try to establish radio contact with an old friend 1000 miles away who i made plans with along time ago just for this situation

Id be sure to go to a super Walmart cuz they carry food also and everything you need.. thats really a good idea unless the whole store is full of zombies then you might have a problem..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by Tayesin
This is the second "Zombies OMG what would you do" thread this year.

What happened to the serious discussions of real world events?

Do I need this type of mental fluff to take my mind away from reality?

NO!!

Sorry, but disucssions about Zombies, Vampires or other such childhood fluff isn't what ATS is here for.

Well Tayesin..This is in general chit chat come on have some humor! Are you old and grumpy?

No I am the one who is old and grumpy but there is nothing like a good zombie apocalypse to put the spring back in yer step! Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!
edit on 8-4-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: added to

there is nothing wrong with being old and grumpy but come on its a zombie apocalypse and thats right that should brighten up anyones day!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

NO!!

Sorry, but disucssions about Zombies, Vampires or other such childhood fluff isn't what ATS is here for.

And yet you identify yourself with an avatar of an imaginary wizard-type individual who lives only in the Fantasy/Sci-Fi section of Barnes and Noble...Pot, meet Kettle

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If you want a serious thread go here i spent a few days on this one www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just wanted to lighten the mood and have some fun life is way to short to be all serious!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
because they are lobotomized zombies

edit on 4/9/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: removed spam link

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
...so wishing (for the purpose of this thread) that Australians were allowed to own guns
but the APTB thought everyone should hand in thier weapons.... finding one would be the first thing, failing that some bloody big knives or swords.. or like someone else said a flame thrower..
oh funny afterthought, could figure out how to wrestle them like crocs, and then chain em up and train em like in 'Fido'

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by GodofWar411
grab my shotgun and my bug out bag......... close all the blinds in the house block all all ground level glass ...
get dressed in all climate gear..... in the mean time my woman and son locked in the Suv waiting.....Just in case they have to bail.... once all is secured and safe for the moment.... get the Suv loaded up try to contact my family
..... be ready for the right chance to get out and get away and out of populated areas.

Ohh good one! Id head out to the country dont forget water and lots of guns and ammo lol and a change of underware

that's what i will be packing up in the Suv

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Dress up like Sarah Palin??? That should keep the undead at a proper distance.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
well a "zombie"just machiendgund 5 peopple dead in an shopping mall in holland...this saturday morning...:-(

www.nu.nl...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandella1099
And yet you identify yourself with an avatar of an imaginary wizard-type individual who lives only in the Fantasy/Sci-Fi section of Barnes and Noble...Pot, meet Kettle

Nope

I identify with philosophies represented by the Druid avatar I use.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Cool thread and to all the serious folk this is BTS a sub - section of ATS. So Zombies may roam here All they want imo

Question though, Is it Night of the living dead zombies or 28 days later zombies?

If its Night of then I think we would have no problem cleaning them out. If everyone took out their fair share then I would gladly contribute. I feel that I'd be able to join or group up with a sufficient amount of people from around the way. If its 28 days later zombies then I'm probably f'ed. Its grab the bob and head for the car but to where? I don't work well without a plan so.. Sad that I live in the self proclaimed "Zombie captial of the world" yet have no contingency plan for this. For real though this could happen though especially if there is a Hades. remember

"When there is no more room left in Hell the dead will walk the earth"

Regardless we have a zombie day in Pittsburgh (every year since 06), this past year it was on 10.10.10. I was there but I doubt I'm in this picture. It looked something like this

On October 29, 2006, 894 "zombie walkers" gathered at the Monroeville Mall outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which served as the set of George A. Romero's classic zombie film Dawn of the Dead, to participate in Pittsburgh's first annual 'Walk of the Dead.'[17] In addition to setting a Guinness World Record, the event was a benefit for the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. Pittsburgh's zombie walk has since grown into a annual horror festival called Zombie Fest. Zombie Fest is organized by The It's Alive Show, a local Pittsburgh late night horror and science fiction television program.[18] The Pittsburgh festival plays host to the annual 'Walk of the Dead' as well as a zombie ball, costume contest, concerts, and celebrity guest appearances. Zombie Fest also serves as the headquarters of The It's Alive Show's World Zombie Day, a world hunger charity event.[19]

I think about this here and there and only The Fema Police State and Skynet worry me more as far as Dooms day scenaarios go.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 9/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSLover

Eaily contained? yeah.. in most movies it is, untill one breaks loose..

Great topic.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
For some read GOOD fun in the meantime while we wait untill it happen:

www.zombiepodcast.com...

download all mp3's and have a fun weekend!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Even less fun to consider that Zombies already exist. Here is some interesting information for you to "sink your teen into" (put intended)

National Geographic photos of "Zombie Ants"

The fungus species can infect an ant, take over its brain, and then kill the insect once it moves to a location ideal for the fungi to grow and spread their spores.

The National Geographic article goes on to say that it's actually 4 fungi and each seems to have a particular species of ant that it's best adapted to attack.

Another article from Scientific American States that

A tropical fungus has adapted to infect ants and force them to chomp, with surprising specificity, into perfectly located leaves before killing them and taking over their bodies

The article says that once an ant is infected, it will move from it's habitat and bite down on a precise area of a leaf where the fungi has the right conditions to grow. Basically, the zombie ant transports the fungi to it's perfect growing location!
At this point it replicates and does a number of other interesting things like grow twice the size of the ant host and reinforce the weaker parts of the ant's body.

Sound rare? Nature is actually full of zombie creatures doing the dirty work for their clever parasite hosts—a phenomenon known as adaptive parasite manipulation. In Central America, ants that eat bird droppings can end up ingesting a nematode parasite that lays eggs in the ants’ bellies, turns them bright red and rounds them out.

Live Science is another one that carries such news.

...the fungus uses as-yet-unidentified chemicals to control the ant's behavior, ...

The spores of the four species also had distinct features and germination processes.

A simple web search will yield tons more of reliable sources. Since science has really only started learning about these fungi in March of 2011, it leads one to wonder what the possible implications are of this discovery.

Makes you think of how many fungi have adapted to affect humans...

I kid you not, follow the links to read

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Board up the doors and windows, grab my fam and bug out gear and make like I'm on the roof of Philly mall in 1978.

That malls here in Pittsburgh my friend. Well technically Moroeville (like 5 minutes outside of). Not trying to be a ______ (insert mean name here) But being form Pittsburgh I will never let Philly take any credit from us

Monroeville Mall is a two-level, enclosed shopping mall in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, east of Pittsburgh. It is located near the junction of Interstate 376 and I-76. It sits on 170 acres (0.7 km2) and has 1,418,700 square feet (131,802 m2) of leaseable space on two levels, making it the second largest shopping complex in Western Pennsylvania.

Dawn of the Dead Monroeville Mall is most famous as the filming location for the movie Dawn of the Dead, the 1978 cult horror classic, directed by George A. Romero. In 1977, George A. Romero began filming Dawn of the Dead on location at the Monroeville Mall. All filming inside the mall took place at night after the mall had closed, with filming often continuing until dawn. Filming in the mall began in October 1977, but had to be suspended when the mall's Christmas decorations were hung shortly after Thanksgiving. Filming resumed in January after the decorations were removed. It was during that break that much of the mall's exterior shots were filmed, as well as filming at other locations. The mall was used as a fortress to protect four human survivors from a world taken over by the walking dead. Romero used the location to its fullest, beautifully displaying the mall and its vastness, almost giving the mall a cavernous feel. The movie went on to become a huge hit worldwide, leaving legions of dedicated fans in its wake. Fans travel far and wide, sometimes from other countries, just to have a chance to visit the location.[2] Several pictures taken during the filming are on display in a room on the upper level near Macy's. In addition, Time and Space Toys on the mall's lower level features an in-store museum called Monroeville Zombies that is based on Dawn of the Dead and contains artifacts, memorabilia, scale models of the mall as depicted in the movie and life-size replicas of various zombies. This exhibit is now closed.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 9/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add quotes

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

NO!!

...and yet you chose to reply in the exact opposite way that the OP asked....way to go.

I would slowly back into my house, and start fortifying the doors and windows on the ground floor. Then I would play the "kill a zombie celebrity" that they did on the dawn of the dead! Great times.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join