It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those Veterans. Please watch this documentary - Restrepo (2010)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm currently in the process of watching this documentary called Restrepo. I really wanted to share it with the ATS community as we do have a lot of war vets on here. I really hope you enjoy this documentary by National Geographics. If the links die, please message me and I'll send you new ones.

Restrepo is a 2010 documentary film directed by American journalist Sebastian Junger and British photojournalist Tim Hetherington. The film explores the year that Junger and Hetherington spent in Afghanistan on assignment for Vanity Fair,[3] embedded with the Second Platoon, B Company, 2nd Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment (airborne) of the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team in the Korengal valley. The 2nd Platoon is depicted defending an outpost (OP) named OP Restrepo, for PFC Juan Sebastián Restrepo, a Colombian-born naturalized U.S. citizen platoon medic who was killed earlier in the campaign.[4]

Wiki Source

Youtube Link
Alternative Youtube Link

edit on 8-4-2011 by nahsik because: additional info.

edit on 8-4-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by nahsik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It was an incredible documentary about the life, I had to watch it in several parts because some of it was to intense. It's hard talking about these things with others, and everyone handles it different. Me, I don't talk about it at all, and I think that this is about as close to the life civies, and couch potatoes will get. It's good for regular people to see what really goes on out there, and how we earn out penny's for all the crap we put up with.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Thank you for your feedback.

Operation Rock Avalanche, an hour into the documentary was intense. Your right in saying that not one person can describe war and this documentary is pretty much one of the closest experiences one can get while seated on their couch. I really hope people who have the audacity to discredit the troops watch this documentary. I feel for these people and their experience while they were on tour of duty.

new topics

join