It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to the Emergency contact Network Thread?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have to add that I really wanted to join in this contact netowrk, but refrained for some of the security and identity reasons mentioned in this thread. I agree that a page with a map linked to alerts from each region would be helpful. A "chemical spill", train derailment, freeway shutdown, etc. in a certain area might go right by someone who isn't a local, but the info could be very helpful and important to the safety of people nearby.

For instance, the area I'm in is prone to wildfires. The official sites are always hours, alsmost days, behind in being updated. I generally watch the ridges for signs of smoke when we have lightning strikes. It would be much nicer to click on the blinking region map if another ATSer had posted about a wildfire (insert appropriate emergency here), than wait til I saw flames or a sheriff knocked at my door to tell me to bug out.

--Saerlaith

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Whatever I can to do help make a system that will benefit people without threatening anyone's anonymity I will be more then happy to do.

<< 1   >>

join