It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane WoW player hits 85 by gathering alone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I have played wow in the past, enjoyed it and moved on. Gathering was a horribly boring process, i still have nightmares about it. Just thinking about the months, pure months wasted on doing something over and over and over and over and over again really rubs me the wrong way and i dislike being rubbed the wrong way. I would rather stick my D*** in a hornets nest than virtually pick flower/mine 1 to 85. I hope this person got completely burnt out on this game and will never touch it again.

Its not like anyone is actually going to believe you if you tell them this. You cant put this on a job resume. What is the point? WHY!?

www.gameinformer.com...
edit on 8-4-2011 by austingoeshard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by austingoeshard
I have played wow in the past, enjoyed it and moved on. Gathering was a horribly boring process, i still have nightmares about it. Just thinking about the months, pure months wasted on doing something over and over and over and over and over again really rubs me the wrong way and i dislike being rubbed the wrong way. I would rather stick my D*** in a hornets nest than virtually pick flower/mine 1 to 85. I hope this person got completely burnt out on this game and will never touch it again.

Its not like anyone is actually going to believe you if you tell them this. You cant put this on a job resume. What is the point? WHY!?

www.gameinformer.com...

Is that even possible?... hard to believe

but wow...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Lol I thought this was about a player aging to 85 while playing this.

So it's not an old fart whos senile dementia has found it's place - it's about a nerd who found his..

Righto!!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Honestly, it's not that hard to believe. It would be especially easy to do if you use recruit-a-friend for the 300% experience up to lvl 60. If you have the proper addons, gathering goes extremely quickly too. When I still played it, there was a time I would mine for 4-5 hours just because I was motivated to get epic flying for the first time.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
LMAO, someone left a comment about this saying, "How can you kill one who has no life?"
That pretty much sums it up.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It wouldn't be to hard to do really, you can level faster mining/picking flowers as opposed to trying to kill stuff as a healing spec, and the gold alone from gathering all that would be insane, would actually be a pretty good idea if you wanted to level other professions on other toons. I leveled from 80-85 purely on mining alone and that was surprisingly fast and the gold i made was insane.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kaoticf8

Personally I always found mining nodes very theraputic. Doesnt suprise me at all someone could do this. Maybe they were saving up for a chopper.

I know I did.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I have never played WoW so am not sure what it is all about but this reminds me of that one Southpark episode.

There is some 'mega' player that is going around killing all of the other players in the game. The Southpark boys are determined to kill the player's character because no one can play without the player coming along and killing them so they develop different plots to overcome him.

One is staying in the forest doing what this player did to increase their united power. They all get fatter, develop acne, their hair grows shaggy, and they practically zombify after sitting at their computers all day.

Then the mega players comes up and kills them anyways. lol The boys do win in the end, though. But that was funny.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ah Make love not Warcraft, still a favourite even though I havent played for months.
Luckly I avoided acne & obesity.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I also find the very theraputic, just put some tunes on, in PVP mode hoping to get jumped by alliance!

just farm while waiting in the dungeon que.....

only play it 2 times a week now :-( bloody girlfriend!
jay

new topics

top topics

join