It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Tool fans? - The Holy Gift

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ah, yes, I kind of forgot about this. I still have the first article you linked saved on my old HD somewhere from the first time I saw this. I've been a big Tool fan for years and Laturalus is my favorite album by far. I'm an atheist and I will go as far to say that Tool is as close to a religion as I get.

Tell me you dont get epic goosebumps when you listen this:

And thanks for the live version. A sermon from Rev. Maynard himself.

edit on 29-4-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Haha I just learned of this little gem tonight about a hour ago. What really gets me is listen to the song Faaip De Oiad. Song #6 isn't that from a Coast to Coast show? Considering the context I find it pretty odd.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Yep, you are correct. It was taken from an episode of C2C in 1997, where a caller claimed he had worked at Area 51 and knew inside information about population control and aliens. Its actually pretty chilling, and (supposedly) the call was interrupted when the transmitter that was carrying the radio broadcast suffered a sudden unknown malfunction (or something like that). I always thought it was cool that Tool took a sample from one of my favorite radio shows.

I wont post the video on here since this is a Tool thread but you can listen to the call (and the transmitter malfunction) here:
www.youtube.com...

Edit: Also, Faaip de Oiad means "Voice of God" in Enochian.

edit on 30-4-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2011 by ProjectBlue because: omg typos!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Tool, is by far my favorite band, however, my only complaint about them is that I wish they would start doing some of their older songs in their concerts. Last two times they have went on the road, in 2010, and the 10,000 day tour, their set list has been basically the same. Would love to hear them do prison-sex, 4 degrees, and crawl away live again. It's been too long since they have performed those songs..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

KUDOS!! I LOVE TOOL!!!!!!!! My FAVORITE BAND!!!!
S&F!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
I ran across this a long time ago and let it slip my memory until digging through my firefox.

Tool (the band, folks), as everyone knows, is comprised entirely of geniuses. Maynard is likely smarter than myself on an order of magnitudes. He/they like to play with sacred geometry, fibonacci sequences, and the like.

Anyway - the album Lateralus is apparently the container for a hidden musical puzzle masterpiece resulting in a new album with different impact. When the tracks are reorganized based on clues contained in their lyrics, the beginning and ending sequences of the reorganized songs fit together to flow into one another, leading to a new listening experience and the true album (up for debate).

Please review the following links - and do some more digging into this on your own - at your leisure:

The Holy Gift

Resurrecting Lateralus: Tool's Holy Gift

And, for your enjoyment, here is the live presentation of the Holy Gift from Tool some time back - well before I found out about it, but it was news to me. Let me know what you all think!

I was so entranced by the second video I couldn't stop it til the new song started up....what more can I say....it's all feeling. I'm glad I found this thread.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Once a Tool fan, always a Tool fan! I'll never get tired of listening to these guys. They simply took it to an entirely new level.

Thanks for posting this --- not too many folks are even hip to the whole 'sacred geometry' thing - and to some it's just "shut up and play the dang song already!"

Tool's music is a totally visceral experience. Thanks for posting this!
edit on 20-5-2011 by the_philth because: Removed Color tags

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I just stumbled across your thread.
PHENOMENAL.
Maynard is amazing, jaw-dropping... TOOL/ A Perfect Circle are ALWAYS within my reach.
Geniuses. Period.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by assclown1

Unfortunately, Maynard has said that he will never perform Prison Sex again and regrets writing it in the first place.

Which is sad because it's pretty much the only "abuse" song with lyrics that actually explore the issue and really provide any insight as opposed to just letting the audience know that the vocalist has "issues"

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for the bread recipes. My family wouldn't last long without bread, and having these to try before hand is great. I will let you know how we like them, but I am not sure how much good my feed back will be...we love almost all bread!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread, Tool are my favourite band second to none

I had never seen the "Holy Gift" Live footage before, thankyou so much. As a member of Tool Army, i'm getting excited because after reading the newsletters it seems like the guys are currently writting and a new "gift" is being written- I can't wait
Been too long lol
edit on 20/6/11 by darkeulogy because: spelling mistake

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is marvelous!

You'd think it odd that danny carey came to join the band because "he felt sorry for them(Maynard and Adam)"

Seems like it was just meant to be. They are the best band I've ever seen live. This clip doesn't really do them justice, though It's still absolutely wonderful, hearing It live is just...indescribable. ETA I take the previous statement back as further viewing showed that yes, this is still one of the best if not THE best live recordings of a band you'll see. So tight, the dynamics were perfect, as they were when I saw them live. They are just unbelievably proficient musicians. Regardless of what you think of the music, their skill, especially Danny Careys (The drummer.)is top notch.

Many, many thanks to you OP. I had known about the Fibbonaci sequences for a while. Now I know there's even more layers to the masterpeice.

Thankyou, Thankyou. So much.

edit on 13-7-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Oh, for the love of edits!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
No idea how I missed this post. I followed a link from the op's signature from a different reply. Glad I happened to stumble on this lil' gem.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Great Post!!!! Don't know if yall can tell I'm a fan by my avatar, but yes everything King Maynard does is great! Pucifer, APC, Tool, & hell even Merkin wine is awesome ( i drank my autographed bottle of Chupacabra) !!! So much thought goes into everything they do, "10,000 days" is how long his mother lived after she had a severe strroke when he was "11"... Rosetta Stoned is a great tune, it's about him camping outside Area 51 and being abducted, then told that he was the chosen one to deliver the message to the people but "I forgot my pen" so he can't tell us the message. I love that they make you work and open up your mind to discover the real messages they are tryin' to deliver... Praise Maynard! and thank you Tom Morello for helping get them together!!!

OP, thank you for this post, and giving me a chance to look deeper and learn more!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
it isn't surprising to me that ATS posters are Tool fans.
I also enjoy Tool. They were one of my biggest inspirations to date. (The Beatles, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson and Black Sabbath are also in the same category.)
anyone want to comment on one of my bands videos? (we are just messing around, but i assume tool fans might give us the benefit of the doubt. oh and the spinning is part of the video.)
not gonna embed it since this thread is about tool.
linky - youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I never knew about this. I'm relatively new to tool, just having rediscovered them in the past few years. Thanks for this and I look forward to checking it all out.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Tool is the best band ever...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
No idea how I missed this post. I followed a link from the op's signature from a different reply. Glad I happened to stumble on this lil' gem.

same with me! xD

great thread for a great band S+F

WOW! I was looking the first vid in the OP and I am amazed that Tool aktually plays the "famous" Art Bell telephone call where someone claims that aliens are interdimensional beings at the end of the clip (That call is so scary - and don´t tell me that someone admited this call was fake. This proves nothing xD)
edit on 3-9-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Tool are so good I want to go back in time to invent them.

This is one of my favourite live performances ever.

100% art.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
TOOL = #1
S&F

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join