It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herpes Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hiya. Is there a way to contract the disease besides sexual intercourse? If anyone knows, post it here? I can't seem to find nothing.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Herpes can be spread by the following situations:

Kissing, touching and caressing infected areas
Sexual contact with the infected area (vaginal, oral, or anal sex)
Skin-to-skin contact with the infected area can transmit HSV-1 and HSV-2
Kissing someone if you have a cold sore can transfer the virus and the person you kiss can then contract herpes in the area kissed
The virus can be transmitted to your partner if you have active genital herpes and have vaginal or anal intercourse
If you have a cold sore and put your mouth on a partner's genitals (oral sex), the partner can be infected with genital herpes. Consequently, oral sex should be avoided if one partner has a facial herpes attack.
people who experience an episode of herpes, either facial or genital, should consider themselves infectious from the start of the episode up until the healing of the last ulcer
Occasionally, one partner in a long-term relationship may develop symptoms of herpes for the first time. Often this is due to one or both of the partners being carriers of HSV and not knowing it
From mother to baby during pregnancy or at birth

Hope this helps,

Taken from a site that tells you all the facts here ya go

www.choraphor.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yes my daughter did a study in herpes and you will be surprise how easy is to get it and it does not have to be by sexual contact she got some pictures that will make you wonder and right now in US alone every four person out of five have some kind of herpes, you can get it by kissing, touching somebodies blisters and even babies can get it if somebody have the infection in the lips.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I see asala beat me to it - not for the first time of course!

A Google search showed this page, which appears to cover most aspects of herpes, though I couldn't vouch for it's authority.

Worth a look, however, if you require more information...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
one of my pals got it by sitting on a public toilet... made me glad my mommy and daddy taught me to use the cover sheets or at least drape it with some toilet paper!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is good. But is it posible for a kid to contract it? Like a 12 year old?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Someone posted that it could be passed from the mother to child during pregnancy so I would assume age would have no relevance.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Anyone at any age can become infected.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
btw - If you are concerned that you may have contracted something I believe the best advice would be to talk with your parents, tell them your concerns and visit a doctor. We are talking about your health and that should come before any fears of speaking to your parents or doctor. I wish you well...

XL5

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Babys can get it. I got the lip type which ever type it is and it starts as a tingle and becomes annoying, not painful though. You have to be careful not to touch or rub you eyes or any other "place" unless you wash your hands.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here is a link that discusses BOTH Herpes viruses. The reason I am posting the CDC site is because the information you have received so far is accurate, but some are referring to HSV-1 while others are referring to HSV-2. The CDC link makes a point of distinguishing between the two.

CDC Herpes Faq

HSV-1 and HSV-2 can be found in and released from the sores that the viruses cause, but they also are released between outbreaks from skin that does not appear to be broken or to have a sore. Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection. Transmission can occur from an infected partner who does not have a visible sore and may not know that he or she is infected.

HSV-1 can cause genital herpes, but it more commonly causes infections of the mouth and lips, so-called �fever blisters.� HSV-1 infection of the genitals can be caused by oral-genital or genital-genital contact with a person who has HSV-1 infection. Genital HSV-1 outbreaks recur less regularly than genital HSV-2 outbreaks.

new topics

top topics

join