It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama caves to Republicans again: Spending cuts may cost the lives of 70,000 children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How many millions might die if the government is declared insolvent and foreign investors no longer buy our debt? here in the stars even the impoverished have cars, cable, microwaves, and other amenities that other people can only dream of. When was the last time that you saw a commercial trying to save the poor starving American children. Some may get hungry but I don't think many will actually starve. Fear tactics at their worst.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
The solution for this is very simple.

Yes, simple to anonymously type on a keyboard.

But then let's see you or anyone else convince the blood thirsty people of the world to sit down with you and sing "kum-bay-yah" (you forgot singing that song in your list of utopian dreams) ...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Children don't die because of lack of government programs, they die because of them. Planned Parenthood is a great example of that.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I don’t suggest we sit around and sing. I am not naïve, I have been in many movements, organizations and other groups and understand the levels of development that exist in the world.

Ideas take time to develop. We have to start someplace and hope to evolve to understanding and then action.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Children don't die because of lack of government programs, they die because of them. Planned Parenthood is a great example of that.
Amen! Think of how many children's lives might be saved if we cut funding there.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Just another lie coming from the mouth of a POS politician.
Don't even talk to me about dieing babies. They let millions die every year from malaria alone. Just have a look into the whole DDT thing, it's infuriating!!

The effects of the anti-DDT campaign were cataclysmic. As recently as 2005, 500 million people around the world (approximately one-twelfth of the earth’s population) were contracting malaria on an annual basis; and each year, 2 to 3 million of them died as a result. Between 1972 (when DDTR was first banned) and 2005, more than 50 million people—about 90 percent of whom resided in sub-Saharan Africa, and most of whom were children younger than five—died of malaria.
(Bold emphasis is mine)
www.discoverthenetworks.org...
And Planned Parenthood, have a look into what the founder Margaret Sanger was really about.
Hitler loved her ideas.
blackgenocide.org...
I see nothing but complete hypocrisy from the politicians on the left, they act like they are the only ones that care about the poor man or the oppressed, well just what has all their agendas accomplished? Nothing but death it appears.

The people want you to stop spending money. Stop, stop,stop,stop,stop,stop, stop.
Bring back the jobs to this country, people are starving here.
We cannot feed the world when our own are starving.

edit on 8-4-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: fix

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I love how the left just automatically has the end result of them not getting their way as "x amount of people are going to die if we dont do y!" What a complete crock of bs. If its children you are worried about then why do you vote for abortion? If you are so worried about children dieing then why dont you donate more to charity? I find it funny that the so called mean sprited and nasty republicans actually donate more to charity then the love all dems by almost 10%. The list could go on about how dems are HIGHLY two faced when it comes to living up to what they say.

Repubs vs dems on charity www.realclearpolitics.com...

This arguement just reminds me of the BS that the dems cried last year in order to get Obamacare prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

WIC is one of those redundant programs, where States have their own programs, then you have food stamps and then you have WIC, as well as a number of other programs.

If the Government can end programs like WIC, then good job.. but not because we shouldn't make sure children are being fed, getting formula, etc etc.. but because it is in fact redundant. So what I'm saying is that anyone who looses WIC, the Gov should make sure they are covered by another program already in place to ensure no one actually looses benefits.

Really the WIC funding is incredibly minuscule compared to other big budget items...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Planned Parenthood gives needed health care to poor woman. Only 3 percent of it deals with abortion.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yeah, and it also just got its hand stuck in the cookie jar so to speak with all those videos that have come out. I say defund em. Whats the point anyways of having planned parenthood who covers poor women since Obamacare is suppossed to cure all of that?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

70,000 Wards of the State ? That Article is Pure Unadulterated BS . The American People can take Care of THEIR CHILDREN without the Help of the Nanny State .
edit on 8-4-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
How about we start making all those celebs who are so quick to adopt overseas start to adopt over here instead? The dems hate the rich right? Why dont we take Hollywood's money and take care of the kids that way? How about making GE donate to feed the kids? They sure have made out since Obama has been in office. How about Soros? Michael Moore? Jesse Jackson? Oh yeah, they all just talk their butts of and let other people do the real work.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You guys are heartless human beings. I guarantee you one day you will be on the other side, that is the needy side, and I hope you get more compassion that what you are giving.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Yep we're all heartless because we don't believe the premise that 70,000 children will die as a result of a shutdown of government.

What happens when our bond market crashes because the market is no longer willing to take massive devaluations to fund the profligacy of the Federal Government? What happens to our currency? What happens to our buying power as a result? Our ability to produce, feed ourselves and the world as we have done for decades?

You need some perspective kid.

_____

About being on the other side:

I was born in a third world country to refugees from another third world country. We came the US and for a while we were HOMELESS. My father recycled bottles and our ENTIRE family worked for daily wages to feed ourselves. This happened in uber liberal California.

We've been homeless in Vegas too. I lived in the Shade Tree Shelter for 5 months eating slop for food and getting so sick that i wound up being on the first name basis with the ER people. Don't tell me a an effing thing about having it hard buddy because I've been there and done that.
edit on 8-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
All we can do is try to diminish suffering for any of us as much as possible.

That is the human way. The best aspect of our religions. The best tradition of charity even in our atheistic and agnostic believers. The best of our civilization. We are not lowly animals we are humans with unlimited potential as long as we evolve out of this selfishness.

Something we all can agree on, that is helping your neighbor when he or she is in need.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How many children will die if the US doesn't get its financial house in order?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

inforeal, there was a time when what you said made sense to the GOP. In fact, up until 1980, there were many Republican voices who said the same thing.

Remember Eisenhower, "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed."

1980 was a change, in that at the GOP Convention, that voice was overlooked,silenced. You might find this read interesting.

While some want to call this nation Christian, there are others who walk the walk

I am a democrat because I am mormon. Take care of the poor and you will be taking care of Christ. You will be walking in His footsteps.

source

The 70,000 was from USAID referring to their work., not domestically.

Of the 70,000 deaths, 30,000 would come from slashing malaria control programs, 24,000 from lack of immunizations and 16,000 from unsafe birthing practices.

source

And how is it that some would have the government force women to birthe every conception, yet place blame on certain women for birthing their children, and deny assistance to those children? Jesus already knew what was in hearts and minds (ex. Mark 2:8), but all I can remember are Him talking to the woman at the well, not throwing her in. And he sure could feed people.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

The government is in DEBT! What about this are we not getting?

Taxation and profligate spending is NOT charity.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ask yourself why you rely on government to be charitable on your behalf, by spending other people's money.
You cannot be charitable with other people's money. I'm not for either party. They are the problem, not the solution.
Most people in this country have no idea what horrors await them in the very near future. Many of us have tried repeatedly to warn you what was coming. You laughed. We warned you about the New World Order. You laughed.
We warned you about the Patriot Act. You laughed. We told you that they would ruin us by exhausting our military in these no win wars and crushing our economy with impossible debt. You laughed.

We aren't laughing. There is no pleasure in being correct. Believe me now when I say that the deaths of 70, 000 men, women and children will be a common occurrence in the near future, if we don't come together and kill this beast.

Are you still laughing?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well if I have to pay for 70,000 more children it's going to threaten my life even more.It's about personal responsibility,we got unwed teens having babies, whoes babies are having babies. How longare we going to keep on enabaling this ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join