It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would vote for Trump?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by imitator

Okay but Trump keeps bringing it up. Granted he may be doing it for pubilicity reasons but if he keeps it up it will be one of the main issues that sticks with him.

No, that issue sticks to Obama, nothing wrong with questioning his presidency or birth place. Article II of the U.S. Constitution states that "No person except a natural born citizen shall be eligible to the Office of President...."

Obama die hards fear he is not legit, they are afraid of being deceived, his birth is a misleading impression of reality. .. or something along those lines.

edit on 13-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

I am sorry. I assumed at some point a legitimate discussion might just accidentally break out but apparently all you have to offer are insults based on looks and what people watch for one hour a week 8 times a year. The season is over and gosh, since that was my entire existence, I guess I have to spend more time on ATS watching children talk about Romney's backside and then forgetting their own argument. Fun fun fun!

You brought up Jersey Shore in the thread, legitimate discussion goes out the window with that, and I'm sure your watching reruns. It's to bad you never questioningly looked at a person, searching, examining their behavior... It's in the way they appear to your mind, not just the outside appearance. Maybe one day you will grasp the idea, just stop watching brain dead shows.

Whenever you wake up from your slumbering, you will see Trump and think of success, you will see a person that is successful and prosperous. You will not see that with the other candidates.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
You brought up Jersey Shore in the thread, legitimate discussion goes out the window with that, and I'm sure your watching reruns.

Ok so my credibility is shot because I watch a stupid show. What happens to your credibility after all those stupid things you said? Just curious how your scale works. Perhaps if you read why I actually brought it up, you might have thought for a moment and said something a little more intelligent but you measure credibility on your scale and I will use mine. I specifically pointed out that I watch that show because I was responding to the notion that watching something means that you support it in other ways. I would not spend one moment of free time with Trump or the cast of JS. But I love watchin' them monkeys dance on TV. So viewership does not translate into a fan base or voter base. Sorry. It would have helped your post to read that, get some context, and then think about it.

It's to bad you never questioningly looked at a person, searching, examining their behavior... It's in the way they appear to your mind, not just the outside appearance. Maybe one day you will grasp the idea, just stop watching brain dead shows.

You are the one that listed candidates and only mocked them based on looks and you are telling me to get past looks? You seem too young to drink. I never mocked anyone as a candidate based on looks. You did that. I simply pointed out what an ugly glass house you were doing it from. I feel so lucky to have been away from ATS when the stupid gas was released.

Whenever you wake up from your slumbering, you will see Trump and think of success, you will see a person that is successful and prosperous. You will not see that with the other candidates.

Whenever you wake up from your Donnald Trump fanclub duties you will realize that just because he keeps telling you he is awesome does not mean that he is and that all those banktruptcies that lead to giving over control of properties so someone else could turn them around and make them profitable is not a good business man, he is one that knows how to get bailed out and just stop from sinking. You do not even know how much money he has so do not tell me he how successful he is until you can actually tell me how successful he is.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Ok so my credibility is shot because I watch a stupid show. What happens to your credibility after all those stupid things you said? Just curious how your scale works. Perhaps if you read why I actually brought it up, you might have thought for a moment and said something a little more intelligent but you measure credibility on your scale and I will use mine. I specifically pointed out that I watch that show because I was responding to the notion that watching something means that you support it in other ways. I would not spend one moment of free time with Trump or the cast of JS. But I love watchin' them monkeys dance on TV. So viewership does not translate into a fan base or voter base. Sorry. It would have helped your post to read that, get some context, and then think about it.

You like watchin' them monkeys dance on TV???

It's a shame that anyone would waste their time watching shows like that, it undermines the quality of being human. Anyone who watches Jersey Shore shouldn't be allowed to vote, period. You have to be joking lol??? Viewership DOES translate into a fan and voter base.... Anything that's good and puts your face on TV is always a +++

Your giving a false analogy with a brain dead show, it's all irrelevant on your part, comparing apples and oranges? Don't be absurd.

My credibility thing lol, I'm confidence that Huckabee, Romney, Palin are worthless pos politicians, their demeanor's are exactly as I describe. It really doesn't matter what is said about them, they are all puppets, but maybe Palin has chance if her strings are pulled right.

You are the one that listed candidates and only mocked them based on looks and you are telling me to get past looks?

If your watching Jersey Shore your only seeing skin deep and damaging your sensory receptors.

You do not even know how much money he has so do not tell me he how successful he is until you can actually tell me how successful he is.

I guess you like to give false impressions of Trump to make you feel better? It's really not that hard to prove he is successful, or how much money he has. Maybe you should subscribe to forbes magazine and read books, instead of numbing your mind to trash tv.

edit on 14-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You like watchin' them monkeys dance on TV???

Sure do. When you spend as much time as myself actually using your brain for productive purposes, it is nice to just shut it off for an hour and watch empty, pointless, funny crap. I am sorry one of the things that I enjoy bothers you so much. Perhaps you should list every book you have ever read, movie watched, and show enjoyed for us to go over. I am sure you would be honest and include your vast knowledge of Pokemon episode by episode.

It's a shame that anyone would waste their time watching shows like that, it undermines the quality of being human. Anyone who watches Jersey Shore shouldn't be allowed to vote, period. You have to be joking lol???

Actually it really seems like you could only possibly be joking. I would weigh people that display immaturity and ignorance on a profound level and hide behind childish insults instead of anything resmebling a thoughtful comment have far less right to vote than people who watch trash, understanding it is trash. How about you? Do you think a person that sounds like an idiot with everything they say should have the right to vote? I mean, in general of course.

Viewership DOES translate into a fan and voter base.... Anything that's good and puts your face on TV is always a +++

That makes no sense at all. I would never vote Trump or Mike Sorentino into office. I am not sure how you could be more wrong or how I can explain it any better. I watch the Apprentice, again because it is trash. How that translates into a fanbase and voter base is beyond me. I would never buy merchandise from these people nor pay to see them do anything and the idea of voting for them all is a joke. You are just saying things you want to be true, perhaps due to lack of anything real to put forward?

Your giving a false analogy with a brain dead show, it's all irrelevant on your part, comparing apples and oranges? Don't be absurd.

How is comparing one brain dead show to another brain dead show apples to oranges? You say the people that watch the Apprentice will vote for Trump. I say I watch all kinds of reality crap and would not vote for any of them, especially just because I see them on tv. I fail to see the huge difference but it has become crystal clear that what you are actually putting forward is the idea that you strongly believe the most people are like you and will vote for someone and love them just because they see them on television. How telling. I have this ball of tin foil here to and I am about to toss it..........over there. See that? You bet you did. Shiny!

Kim Kardashian also has a huge "fan base" for no reason.
Kim Kardashian is also a reality TV star.
Kim Kardashian is also very famous outside of TV for no reason.
Kim Kardashian is also rich because of money from daddy.
You are trying to tell me that the people that watch her show and even buy her junk are just waiting for her to run for office. Maybe something substantial besides claims I myself disproved over and over again would be a tad more convincing. Just a thought.

My credibility thing lol, I'm confidence that Huckabee, Romney, Palin are worthless pos politicians, their demeanor's are exactly as I describe. It really doesn't matter what is said about them, they are all puppets, but maybe Palin has chance if her strings are pulled right.

Your credibility comes from your intelligent and mature assessment given previously.

How about the other guys, they all don't have a chance against Obama...

* Romney looks like he has a turd stuck in his behind... I think all hardcore puppet politicians look this way.

* Huckabee has the same look as Romney, with a touch of Andy Griffith as Sheriff Andy.

* Palin looks like she has rabies.

Compelling arguments for a 6th grade spat. I think it was Brezinski that last mentioned a "turd in his behind." Brilliant! Go one about that show I watch though. Tell me how stupid I am for watching one crappy show and how everyone - including me - that watches another crappy show is smart enough to vote for Trump. Please do go on. Maybe talk about turds some more too.

If your watching Jersey Shore your only seeing skin deep and damaging your sensory receptors.

That actually makes no sense but it probably sounded good to you. I almost think you believe I said I watch Jersey Shore 24/7. They do like 8 freakin shows a year for crying out loud. How long is the Apprentice on for? Gary Busey kill anyone yet?

I guess you like to give false impressions of Trump to make you feel better?

Do your false impressions of Trump make you feel any better?

It's really not that hard to prove he is successful, or how much money he has.

Then do just that in your next post. Unless you are so super lazy and have so little faith in your conviction that you would rather not even try this "not hard to prove" little gem.

Maybe you should subscribe to forbes magazine and read books, instead of numbing your mind to trash tv.

I am not sure why people who fail to read always like to pick on reading. I have already stated twice that I spend far more time reading non-fiction books than I do watching any tv, let alone an 8 episode show - one whole work day a year! Wow! Did you have trouble reading where I said what I read? I love that. Maybe you should read some of Trump's books and see how he talks about running to daddy with his hat in his hand after failing and losing everything, again, and again, all before driving his businesses into the ground later on in life. He is sooooo successful now, he does a crappy reality show that according to you is the kind of thing only an idiot like me would watch.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

When you spend as much time as myself actually using your brain for productive purposes, it is nice to just shut it off for an hour and watch empty, pointless, funny crap.

I find your statement hard to believe when watching shows like Jersey Shore, shutting down involves getting rid of those nagging voices in your head, not adding annoying sounds from a TV show. The brain is wired to take in things that you watch and agree with, and it also rewards you for being closed-minded about things you don't agree with. In a sense you know Trump is successful, but in denial of this fact, the psychological reactance of watching Trash TV alters normal thought.

Here is the thing, you believe everything that you say in this thread is true, when in fact it is false. You have created and explained of an environment that can take over your mind, you allow these shows too subliminally implant unusual behaviors into your head. You just described yourself in a relaxed state of mind watching shows with imaginary situations, this is ideal for severe abnormal change in ideas and beliefs.

I'm starting to see why your so defensive, you think everything is trash but haven't a clue how it effects you.

I watch the Apprentice, again because it is trash.

I think your in denial.
What you personally define as trash is an individualized process. In your case it's a bit more than that, your sitting in the easy chair calling everything trash from apples to oranges. Your being pretentious with words and it's not serving any purpose other than to satisfy your own delusional desires.

How is comparing one brain dead show to another brain dead show apples to oranges? You say the people that watch the Apprentice will vote for Trump. I say I watch all kinds of reality crap and would not vote for any of them, especially just because I see them on tv. I fail to see the huge difference but it has become crystal clear that what you are actually putting forward is the idea that you strongly believe the most people are like you and will vote for someone and love them just because they see them on television. How that translates into a fanbase and voter base is beyond me.

There is a big difference...you have every right to call them trash, but you really can't compare the two.

The Apprentice is a reality contestant show, The winning contestant would have the opportunity to work for Trump as the president of one of his companies for at least one year with an annual salary of $250,000

Jersey Shore is a reality show depicting dumb down sheeple wasting their summer in a delusional world.

As you can see there is a big difference, one show is brain dead, and the other is not. But of course you will not see this, because your mind is conditioned to ignore reality.

You have Trump who's a possible pres candidate, he's been around way before reality TV. The more that Trump is in the media doing great things = A+++. In political debates there is this thing called The Equal Time rule, more air time could = more votes. Thus Trump is making air waves, when his face is on TV he's selling to the audience, it would be foolish to think other wise.

If you can't translate that, then there is no hope, your to far gone.....

Kim Kardashian also has a huge "fan base" for no reason.
Kim Kardashian is also a reality TV star.
Kim Kardashian is also very famous outside of TV for no reason.
Kim Kardashian is also rich because of money from daddy.

Where's Trump's sex tape?

Again your comparing apples to oranges... Kim is not even a candidate, if she was they would reveal her dirty misgivings.

Kim Kardashian has a sex tape.
Kim Kardashian poses nude for magazines.
Kim Kardashian has no moral and ethical principles.
Kim Kardashian is not a candidate

Plus, she probably watches Jersey Shore and thus wouldn't know how to run for president.
You could compare thousands of people who have common things, but that doesn't mean they're all one in the same. It's pretty much meaningless to try.

Compelling arguments for a 6th grade spat. I think it was Brezinski that last mentioned a "turd in his behind." Brilliant!

I almost think you believe I said I watch Jersey Shore 24/7. They do like 8 freakin shows a year for crying out loud.

Well hey, I thought only unsupervised 6th graders watch Jersey Shore and played with turds. I bet they do play reruns, and it's probably shown 24/7 on the internet. I know some kids who watch shows over and over that can recite every word, and mock every action they see.

The Surgeon General released a report in 1972 that concluded that violence on television does influence children who view those programs and that media violence does increase the likelihood that viewers will become more aggressive. They also explain that media behavior produces existing aggressive scripts and cognitions, increasing physiological arousal, and triggering an automatic tendency to imitate observed behaviors.

Don't you see the damage that your doing to yourself by watching Jersey Shore!

Then do just that in your next post. Unless you are so super lazy and have so little faith in your conviction that you would rather not even try this "not hard to prove" little gem.

What this all about, you want me to research some facts for you, because I say it's easy, an that makes me lazy? Your not making any sense.

You see what trash TV done to you, it doesn't want you to work for yourself.

I have already stated twice that I spend far more time reading non-fiction books

If you read Forbes Magazine you would know how much Trump is worth, and you would know about his success. That simple.

I've come to the conclusion that you just like to argue, isn't that what they do on those trashy tv shows, just argue over and over and then beat the crap out of each other.

I'm going to say you live alone, but wish to live in a fantasy beach club, pulling hair with your groupies. I suppose getting online is the next best thing, you might find better action in Second Life.

Well this was all fun, get well soon.

Your Friend,
--imitator

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is gonna be the craziest election ever. It's gonna be an instant classic. You just gotta see it as the show it really is. My vote goes to no one, except Ron Paul if he runs. I don't trust any politicians, but I distrust Paul a little less than the others.
I don't see how anyone that dislikes the elites could vote for trump. He's like the epitome of elite. I don't trust him as far as I can throw his hair.
A debate between Trump, palin, and Romney would be so awesome. I can just see Romney in the middle of them looking like the sanest man in the world.
Romney is a Mormon, and if you know a lot about Mormons, that means he's also a free mason. We don't need another free mason as president.
Trump would probably get us into a war with china, that's how'd he settle our debts. We do not need a war with china.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think it's either going to be Trump, or Obama as the winner.
So, if you are not an Obama fan, and Trump does run, then you have to vote from Trump, if you don't want Obama to win again. Seriously, he will win again, because Trump is the only one that can beat Obama.
Do you really think Huckabee can beat Obama? Romney? Palin? Seriously now?
Trump is the only real challenge and threat to the current administration. This why the media and the White House is trying to demean and belittle Trump, because they know he is the only threat. Even Paul will not be able to beat Obama. This is the sad state of politics in the US. You have to have a strong personality, image, and speaking ability. Trump has all that, the others just don't.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There you go... A guy who only cares about Money. Trump speaks to the hearts of republicans...
edit on 16-4-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can't think of one reason to vote for Trump, I can think of lots of reasons not to vote for him, however.

The US media, being the joke that is today, has given him way too much coverage. There is hardly any chance of him even being the Republican nominee, IMO. It's all a diversion. If he is actually a legitimate contender, then the Republican party (and politics as a whole in America) is in even bigger trouble than I thought it was.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I find your statement hard to believe when watching shows like Jersey Shore, shutting down involves getting rid of those nagging voices in your head, not adding annoying sounds from a TV show.

For a show with like 8 whole episodes a year, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it. I am not sure you know that there are 23 other hours in those 8 days and then like 348 something other days altogether and stuff. It is not even on right now so the fact that you keep harping on about it is kind of scary really.

The brain is wired to take in things that you watch and agree with, and it also rewards you for being closed-minded about things you don't agree with. In a sense you know Trump is successful, but in denial of this fact, the psychological reactance of watching Trash TV alters normal thought.

Uh...sure. That must be exactly why "Dancing With the Stars" gets such good ratings. People are tuning in to agree, learn, and grow spiritually. I suppose "Family Guy"'s popularity has nothing to do with people liking stupid, cheap laughs.
Telling me what I think and what motivates me is pretty funny. You have no idea.

Here is the thing, you believe everything that you say in this thread is true, when in fact it is false. You have created and explained of an environment that can take over your mind, you allow these shows too subliminally implant unusual behaviors into your head. You just described yourself in a relaxed state of mind watching shows with imaginary situations, this is ideal for severe abnormal change in ideas and beliefs.

WOW! All this based on two shows that run less than half a season that I said I watch in my downtime. You must be amazing. Hey, how about instead of pretending to psychoanalyze me, you show me what I said has been false with some backup. You have no idea what you are saying when you try to discuss me based on 20 hours out of my years.

I'm starting to see why your so defensive, you think everything is trash but haven't a clue how it effects you.

I think everyhing is trash? Really? Maybe you are confusing "everything" with "two television shows?" Maybe?

[quoteI think your in denial.
What you personally define as trash is an individualized process. In your case it's a bit more than that, your sitting in the easy chair calling everything trash from apples to oranges. Your being pretentious with words and it's not serving any purpose other than to satisfy your own delusional desires.
Actually I just called two reality shows trash and I have no problem saying most reality shows are trash. Reality TV is hardly everything from apples to oranges. I happen to like apples and oranges and if you can quote me calling any fruit trash, please do. Otherwise this is a lot of randomy hooey.

There is a big difference...you have every right to call them trash, but you really can't compare the two.

I cannot compare fryer runnoff to owl droppings either but I can categorize both as things I will not willingly eat.

The Apprentice is a reality contestant show, The winning contestant would have the opportunity to work for Trump as the president of one of his companies for at least one year with an annual salary of $250,000

Gary Busey is competeing with Latoya Jackson for a job with Trump?
Haven't seen the show in a few years, have you? It is a FAKE contestant show where celebrities raise money for charity. Meatloaf is not inerviewing for a position in Trump enterprises.

Jersey Shore is a reality show depicting dumb down sheeple wasting their summer in a delusional world.

Uh huh. Funny that you are correc ton Jersey Shore but seem to have no idea what is happening on Apprentice. What you been watching?

As you can see there is a big difference, one show is brain dead, and the other is not. But of course you will not see this, because your mind is conditioned to ignore reality.

I watched NeNe and Latoya fight about telling time and then Meatloaf almost beat up Busey over some spraypaint. Really highbrow stuff.

You have Trump who's a possible pres candidate, he's been around way before reality TV. The more that Trump is in the media doing great things = A+++. In political debates there is this thing called The Equal Time rule, more air time could = more votes. Thus Trump is making air waves, when his face is on TV he's selling to the audience, it would be foolish to think other wise.

You got that right. His recent anouncement that you have to tune into the finale to find out if he is running for president tells me exactly what he is selling. His once failing show.

If you can't translate that, then there is no hope, your to far gone.....

Translate that? You keep saying viewers=voters and I keep telling you I am a viewer and will not be voting for him and you just start over again.

Where's Trump's sex tape?

Oh, is that why she is famous? Shame she was not famous for fraudulent land deals and snaking out of debt like a certain fellow New Yorker. Now that is good fame.

Again your comparing apples to oranges... Kim is not even a candidate, if she was they would reveal her dirty misgivings.

Ahem....Trump is not a either. You do know that don't you?

Kim Kardashian has a sex tape.
Kim Kardashian poses nude for magazines.
Kim Kardashian has no moral and ethical principles.
Kim Kardashian is not a candidate

None of that matters. You said that fame and a fanbase = voters. She has fame and a fanbase. If you can then find reasons one famous person might not be elected on fame alone, you destroy your own argument that Trump will be elected because he is famous. Thanks for taking care of that argument for me.

Plus, she probably watches Jersey Shore and thus wouldn't know how to run for president.
You could compare thousands of people who have common things, but that doesn't mean they're all one in the same. It's pretty much meaningless to try.

You mean like saying everyone who watches one show is stupid? Are you saying it would be meaningless to attempt to do the thing you just did? Interesting.

Well hey, I thought only unsupervised 6th graders watch Jersey Shore and played with turds. I bet they do play reruns, and it's probably shown 24/7 on the internet. I know some kids who watch shows over and over that can recite every word, and mock every action they see.

I have no doubt in my mind you know many people like that. I prefer to elevate the conversation at least a little above talking about how anyone sucks cuz they "look like they got a turd in their butt." I cannot tell you how mature you seem each time you use it. I am sorry to hear you have friends that watch 8-10 episodes of any one show 24/7. That really seems like an issue that they need help with.

The Surgeon General released a report in 1972 that concluded that violence on television does influence children who view those programs and that media violence does increase the likelihood that viewers will become more aggressive. They also explain that media behavior produces existing aggressive scripts and cognitions, increasing physiological arousal, and triggering an automatic tendency to imitate observed behaviors.

Don't you see the damage that your doing to yourself by watching Jersey Shore!

Are you saying I am a child and that Jersey Shore is violent? The poster going on about "turds?" Really? I am REALLY sorry that you find it so hard to formulate an intelligent arugment or ceherrent thought that you have to spend so much time going on and on about one tv show I mentioned I watched because it was trash. I could care less what anyone else spends 8 hours a year doing but your obsession with it seems unhealthy.

What this all about, you want me to research some facts for you, because I say it's easy, an that makes me lazy? Your not making any sense.

I do not want you to do anything for me but if you cannot back up what you say, do not expect me to just take your word for it. It is up to you if you wrote it because you wanted me to believe it or if you wrote it just because you wanted to loosen up your fingers.

You see what trash TV done to you, it doesn't want you to work for yourself.

To back up your claims? YOU back up YOUR claims. Do not be so lazy as to expect me to research what you say for you.

If you read Forbes Magazine you would know how much Trump is worth, and you would know about his success. That simple.

Then why can't you tell me how much he is worth? That simple.

I've come to the conclusion that you just like to argue, isn't that what they do on those trashy tv shows, just argue over and over and then beat the crap out of each other.

Like The Apprentice? Pretty much.

I'm going to say you live alone, but wish to live in a fantasy beach club, pulling hair with your groupies. I suppose getting online is the next best thing, you might find better action in Second Life.

We cannot all live with our mom forever.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Let's get pass turds, that was directed at the peson who called people morons, and anyway you was the first taking shots at appearances.

Just curious... does the word turd offend you, I don't see how it could offend anyone who watches Trash Tv and then equate it with credibility? It might offend elderly conservative people, as the word was formerly considered to be taboo. dictionary.reference.com...

Now to answer your questions:

www.forbes.com...

The Forbes 400, The Richest People in America, Donald Trump is #153

Net Worth Over Time
2011 $2.7 B
2010 $2.4 B
2009 $2 B
2008 $3 B
2007 $3 B
2006 $2.9 B
2005 $2.7 B
2004 $2.6 B
2003 $2.5 B
2002 $1.9 B

His net worth changes in value with real estate, the dollar rate, and investments etc. His total assets is worth $2.7 B for 2011. I would imagine he has plenty of money lol.

Trumps fans created a website called shouldtrumprun.com Visitors are able to vote in polls.

Would you vote for Donald Trump in 2012?

* Yes (66%, 19,562 Votes)
* No (34%, 10,005 Votes)

Total Voters: 29,567

Those polls where not open for long, however I would bet more than half his fans would vote for him.
edit on 19-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
wow, people here know too much about reality tv!

ya think!! kim kardashian! really,

i mention her name because i seen it in the posts. gag me with a ghost whisperer.

anyway, if he was running for vp, i would vote.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Let's get pass turds, that was directed at the peson who called people morons, and anyway you was the first taking shots at appearances.

No idea what you are trying to make up here but it was you that started all this and I just pointed out how your post read like something I might expect from a 6th grader.

* Romney looks like he has a turd stuck in his behind... I think all hardcore puppet politicians look this way.

* Huckabee has the same look as Romney, with a touch of Andy Griffith as Sheriff Andy.

That was all you and it is was pointed at Romney. Why you want to harp on it for pages and then just lie makes no sense. I was a simple comment about how listing why you will not for people based on the list you provided, I am afraid of the mentality of many of the people who vote and write such immature things.

Just curious... does the word turd offend you, I don't see how it could offend anyone who watches Trash Tv and then equate it with credibility? It might offend elderly conservative people, as the word was formerly considered to be taboo. dictionary.reference.com...

No, the idea that you take your view on politics seriously but would type out such a list is what offended me. The word itself is not offensive, your use of it is jouvenile. I said that already.

Now to answer your questions:

www.forbes.com...

The Forbes 400, The Richest People in America, Donald Trump is #153

Net Worth Over Time
2011 $2.7 B
2010 $2.4 B
2009 $2 B
2008 $3 B
2007 $3 B
2006 $2.9 B
2005 $2.7 B
2004 $2.6 B
2003 $2.5 B
2002 $1.9 B

His net worth changes in value with real estate, the dollar rate, and investments etc. His total assets is worth $2.7 B for 2011. I would imagine he has plenty of money lol.

You would "imagine" huh? Hardly as impressive as you make him out to be but then again, perhaps "net worth" is a little confusing when you are discussing someone who lacks the ownership to liquidate many of his assets. The best he can do is ask that his name come off the building and get his money back for that sign on many of those properties. But thanks for FINALLY just coming up with an answer.

Trumps fans created a website called shouldtrumprun.com Visitors are able to vote in polls.

Would you vote for Donald Trump in 2012?

* Yes (66%, 19,562 Votes)
* No (34%, 10,005 Votes)

Total Voters: 29,567

Um...I hate to point out the obvious that poll would be of people that chose to go to that website. I find it pretty funny that anyone would go to that website just to vote "no" and if you do not see what is so wrong with using that particular poll than you should stick to listing people's looks.

Those polls where not open for long, however I would bet more than half his fans would vote for him.

More than half his "fans" that went to his website? I really hope you realize how bad that actually sounds.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
wow, people here know too much about reality tv!

ya think!! kim kardashian! really,

i mention her name because i seen it in the posts. gag me with a ghost whisperer.

anyway, if he was running for vp, i would vote.

Why did Kim Kardashian come up? No one can tell me why Trump is good for anything other than that he is rich, famous, and has a reality tv show. No one can tell me why Kim is good for anything other than that she is rich, famous, and has 2 reality shows. I guess she wins going by the qualifications Trump put forward and I would not vote for her either.

I have been asking people I know that watch The Apprentice what they think of Trump. The average response has been "He is an idiot who loves himself too much." Those are his "fans" right there.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well lets just clarify a few comments that you made in this thread....

I never mocked anyone as a candidate based on looks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe it is not the great difference you hoped for but let's call it subtle, like the difference between Trumps mop and say...hair.

Like the difference between Trumps mop and hair!!!
Well there you go, mocking a possible candidate.

No idea what you are trying to make up here but it was you that started all this and I just pointed out how your post read like something I might expect from a 6th grader.

It was you who commented about appearance way before I did, the difference is I'm not obsessed about it.

I wouldn't be so condescending to suggest that you really believe what you just said. I could go to your intellectual level in order to be understood, though that would consist of me watching Jersey Shore. lol

That was all you and it is was pointed at Romney. Why you want to harp on it for pages and then just lie makes no sense. I was a simple comment about how listing why you will not for people based on the list you provided, I am afraid of the mentality of many of the people who vote and write such immature things.

Yes it make sense, there are many who will vote on looks.
Isn't it no more childish to compare a mop and say...hair.

Maybe this will clarify things for you:
According to a study by Princeton University researchers, choosing a leader can all come down to voters' quick glances of the candidates
www.cbc.ca...
Competent faces can swing voters, researchers say

Voters form snap judgments of the competency of a candidate based on his or her facial features, Charles Ballew and Alexander Todorov wrote in the latest issue of the periodical Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.

The researchers said their study showed that while a competent face may not be the main reason a political candidate gets elected, it is a key factor.

"Competent-looking incumbents may deter undecided voters, who have a mild preference for challengers, from voting for the challenger," they wrote.

perhaps "net worth" is a little confusing when you are discussing someone who lacks the ownership to liquidate many of his assets. The best he can do is ask that his name come off the building and get his money back for that sign on many of those properties.

He can liquidate those assets because he OWNS them!
You mention his NAME.... another reason people will vote for him, his name!!!
Those buildings he owns or licenses out to, makes his name alone worth millions. The more his name is out there, the more value he becomes.

The votes keep adding up!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
wast trump a wrestler?
if so thats why i wont, because we all know wrestling is fake soo yea who wants another fake prez?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well lets just clarify a few comments that you made in this thread....

I never mocked anyone as a candidate based on looks.

Maybe it is not the great difference you hoped for but let's call it subtle, like the difference between Trumps mop and say...hair.

Like the difference between Trumps mop and hair!!!
Well there you go, mocking a possible candidate.

It would help if you read. I said I never mocked anyone AS A CANDIDATE based on looks. Your reasons for not voting for Romney, Palin, etc were...

My reasons for not voting for Trump are numerous and well explained. The dig at his hair had nothing to do with him as a candidate and I still suggest that your post just seems really jouvenile and in its entirety and in full context sounds like the kind of thing I would expect to hear from anyone too young to vote. Nice try though.

It was you who commented about appearance way before I did, the difference is I'm not obsessed about it.

Obsessed? Because I mentioned it once? I guess obsession would be something like mentioning Jersey Shore in every single post?

I wouldn't be so condescending to suggest that you really believe what you just said. I could go to your intellectual level in order to be understood, though that would consist of me watching Jersey Shore. lol

Not only do you seem to have little but ad hom attacks, you are truly beating a dead horse into the ground here. Talk about obsession. BTW, your arguments for Trump are amazing so far.

Yes it make sense, there are many who will vote on looks.
Isn't it no more childish to compare a mop and say...hair.

I was not commenting on whether or not people vote based on looks. I was specifically referring to the level of discourse represented in your reasoning for not voting for the following.

Get it yet?

Maybe this will clarify things for you:

No need to clarify things I have not suggested are not true.

He can liquidate those assets because he OWNS them!

No, he cannot because he does not.

many of trump 's real estate projects are actually owned by others, who license the right to use his name. consider trump tower tampa, a 52-story luxury condominium that trump personally showed up to endorse in 2005 .
source A big part of his "net worth" is his licensing deals. He speaks of Donal Trump in the third person because there is actually a difference between Donald Trump the man and Donal Trump the corporation. He can say "I never personally filed for bankruptcy" all he likes as long as he words it right, it is sort of true. He even uses the excuse that he is just a figure head to get out of admitting his business failures.

In his defense, Trump said he "didn't run the company." Isikoff then asked why he was paid $2 million per year to chair the board of that business. Trump replied: "Excuse me. Because I'm a genius, okay."
source

You mention his NAME.... another reason people will vote for him, his name!!!

That makes no sense at all. Who is voting for him because I mentioned his name on ATS?

Those buildings he owns or licenses out to, makes his name alone worth millions. The more his name is out there, the more value he becomes.

You seem to have very little understanding of what Trump actually does and how he actually makes his money, let alone what name recognition does for you. Well, enjoy the primaries because you will be watching The Apprentice after the general, I guarantee.

The votes keep adding up!!!

What votes? You seem to be just making things up which is fine if the only person you care about convincing is you. I do not understand how you can claim that viewers are also voters based on nothing and in the face of a viewer telling you that will not be happening here.

Trump is hyperbole and delusion which seems to be working great for his supporters as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Who would vote for Trump? Why no one but a modern day Davinci!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

His wife is gorgeous, but do you think she is First Lady material? I watched her on TV with Joy Behar, and she sounds as if she has been programmed by Donald.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join