It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1940s Nazi warplane discovered and lying off UK coast is intact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Found in an area of the English Channel known as the "Goodwin Sands" this aeronautical find is astounding a lot of people due to the fact that it is still in one piece. Its in such great shape that a British Museum wants to raise it and put it on show.

Here is the link.....

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Seems like it has been known about for a while. It's a rare bird alright, I wonder why it's only now there is a desire to haul it out, divers must already have known of it's condition, to some extent at least. Here's the story from the RAF museum,

www.rafmuseum.org.uk...
edit on 8-4-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Could it be that, along with all of the other unexplainable things happening to people lately, time slips are beginning to stick?
For those of you unfamiliar with Time Slips, heres the wiki page.

Time Slips

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Would have been more interesting if it were a Haunebu!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hope they are careful raising it up and keep intact. Also, it says 2 died on impact, I wonder if there's any remains.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

Yes it would be more interesting if that was the case...but i thought time slips lasted at most minutes if not barely seconds?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thats my point. What if, due to all of the irregularities as of late, they were sticking around, not just dissappearing after one quick look.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

The fuller story is in the RAF link, the two that died were later recovered ashore.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is very cool. I hope that they are able to raise it and display it as it would be a very interesting attraction at any historical venue/museum.

That is all

Trowa

new topics

top topics

join