It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mud Pit Access??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I recently decided to cash in some ATS points. I had 500 and decided to get the Mud Pit Access, figuring since it was in bold it was probably something good. So now I spent the points, and haven't noticed anything new. Anyone know what Mud Pit Access is, how I can use it??? I know there is a secret area you can access on here once you have enough points, I was under the impression that maybe this was something like that. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
'Buying' Mud Pit Access gives you access to the 'Political Debate (Restricted)' forum. It is kind of a secret area as you can only get to it if you buy access. The 'proper' secret area is the Really Above Top Secret Forum (RATS) and it will set you back a hefty 3500 points.

[edit on 25/7/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here is the link to the Mud Pit.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Aww man, the way the store had it in bold made me think it was the secret area!! I have no interest in access ing the political themed boards. Does anyone know if its possible to "refund" points? Thanks!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkerbokker
Does anyone know if its possible to "refund" points? Thanks!

Doubtful, but you can ask.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I knew I forgot something...

If you do post on the mudpit, nikkerbokker, remember

'The nature of the Mud-Pit is to encourage heated political discussion and debate on topics that are often argued with intense passion. The rules of conduct are NO LONGER COMPLETELY RELAXED in the Mud-Pit, personal attacks and insults are not tolerated. If you engage in attacks and insults, you MAY BE BANNED FROM ATS!. This special purpose forum is not your pulpit to insult.'

Happy posting

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkerbokker
Aww man, the way the store had it in bold made me think it was the secret area!! I have no interest in access ing the political themed boards. Does anyone know if its possible to "refund" points? Thanks!

The phrase "Caveat emptor" comes to mind, unfortunately nikkerbokker...

The ATS store has a limited amount of space in which to describe what you are getting for your points (as you will realise) so, if in doubt about just what you are "buying", perhaps you could U2U somebody, especially someone who's been here a few months and is likely to know the answer? And, if you're really unsure, then certainly U2U a "Mod". Certainly, the intention is not to "steal" points from you - or anyone else - by "misrepresenting" the things that are on offer.

Unfortunately, I doubt you can receive a "refund" of points - but replies to this post will generate extra points for you. I'm sure you'll get those 500 points back in due course.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genya
replies to this post will generate extra points for you. I'm sure you'll get those 500 points back in due course.

Yeah, 500 points is not much really.

But posts on the Board Questions & Business are unpaid aren't they Genya?

I thought they were but you are a moderator and so I thought I better double check as moderators usually know more than the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen
....But posts on the Board Questions & Business are unpaid aren't they Genya?...

Mea culpa

Quite correct Hyperen, as this thread shows.

I can only apologise - I think I was trying to point out that the principle - that posts attract points - is correct, whereas I "took my eye off the ball" and forgot which forum I was posting in!!

Sorry for any confusion...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yeah I was afraid I was out of luck. Oh well!! I'll just have to eat the 500 points and get back to posting. Thanks for everyone's help!

top topics

join