It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you guys sen this??"Melancholia" trailer-Nibiru/Planet X theme......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wondered if anyone has seen this yet? More "pre-conditioning" from Hollywood?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Very odd. Looks quite arty... not your common or garden variety planet-collision movie.
I read Spielberg is remaking When Worlds Collide. One more and I think we have our pattern.
M

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Seems like hollywood is really picking up on things

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Government response in news: "It's ok people, nothing to see here, it is only a weather balloon."

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This movie is by Lars Von Trier. There might be film makers who are shills and/or work with the government, but Von Trier isn't one of them. I think they'd try to find someone more agreeable and someone who didn't come up with the Dogme 95

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm surprised more people from ATS haven't jumped on this. Is there another thread about it?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jolly

Not that I could find.Wanted to put it in "Fragile Earth" forum to get more exposure, but a while back I posted a thread about a conspiracy movie in "General Conspiracies" and the Mods moved it here since it 'had to do with a movie" so I figured this one would end up here eventually anyway as well....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I saw this today and thought to bring it up. Firstly, it´s not Hollywood movie and secondly it´s nothing like usual "catastrophe-movie". It´s European and it´s director is Lars von Trier. It´s actually very beautiful film visually and also symbolistic.
What I really liked about it and what made it different from main-stream:
*no panicking masses, only one idyllic country-place and one family with it´s difficult relationships
*NO worrying US president with his team, who argue what should be told to public
*no ewplosions or burning cars and other things
*No TV, no news about catastrophe in the movie. Just couple of references to internet, where are different speculations about the planet.
*ending was beautiful, when they built kind of pyramide and sat there, holding hands.

It was good IMO. People these days can´t see symbolism in art anymore. Collision with huge planet was real, but deeply symbolistic at the same time. As the ending in general. So, I don´t know, is it preparing for some real event or not, but it´s defintely different. It really was melancholic and strangly "closed", because there were like no outside world, no TV, no politics, just family in anonymous country.
I liked "Knowing" too, but panicking masses in the city streets, explosions and sad news reporters on the flickering TV-screen in the gas station are geting old.

ETA: If you read the first review from this page you should get the idea, it´s good: www.imdb.com...
It really is about good and evil. Sometimes we should see deeper in the art, not just look for conspiracies
. Anyway, I recommend yo to see it and make up your own mind.

Btw, quess what was the name of the little boy? Yes, Leo

edit on 14-8-2011 by Amandla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Government response in news: "It's ok people, nothing to see here, it is only a weather balloon."

Anything you see on a movie or TV screen is more than likely BS. Another topic where there's supposed to be some kind of massive cover up that they'll kill you over...readily available to the masses and so called free thinkers gobble up the bait like they were trout biting corn on a hook.

Either "they" are covering stuff up or "they" are screaming from the rooftops to get people ready. You can't have it both ways. It's the same thing with 2012. What came first, the movie or the theory? The Theory. Screenplay writers and directors get on the internet too, they read this stuff and then put it to paper.

And "nothing to see here" were the comments of several Nibiru believers when it didn't show up the last 6 times it was supposed to. Face it, people, of all the doomsday scenarios this one isn't only the least likely, it's 110% impossible. Huge planets don't just come in and out of the solar system at will and leave everything running smoothly time and time again. In this scenario supposedly it just causes pole shifts, but miraculously leaves the inner planets, most notably ours in it's "goldylocks zone". The proof against Nibiru is in your mirror. Wave. Complex life NEVER would have been able to evolve here with such a thing coming and going every whatever thousand years.

I actually just saw a trailer for this today and I'm pissed because I was thinking about writing up a screenplay and sending it out. My movie would have been much better. You'd get it all, a brown dwarf with it's own system, mass hysteria, governmental intrigue, a Kaley Cuoco nude scene...it's a shame, really. But at no time would I ever suggest that this scenario is even a remote possibility in reality. It's a joke and the fact that it keeps coming up as if there's any validity to it despite all the evidence to the contrary, and the shady and/or ignorant people who promote the scenario year after year, makes me lose faith in the collective intelligence of humanity. The boy who cried wolf only got 2 chances, but those who cry Nibiru are getting about a dozen, it seems.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Wrath because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath
The boy who cried wolf only got 2 chances, but those who cry Nibiru are getting about a dozen, it seems.

The interesting thing about that fable though, is that eventually the wolf shows up, and then of course by that time no one pays his warning any attention. I've seen that referenced alot lately and for some reason people seem to leave out the ending, which is the moral of the entire story. Dilligence...
I haven't seen the film yet, but will make a point to as it looks pretty cinematic. I've read up on the director briefly and apparently he's a pretty controversial figure, but I'm not familiar with his work. Regardless of what you think about the subject of the film, it's really nice to see something get a theatrical release without Hollywood running the show, alot of folks have no idea how incredibly rare that is.

top topics

join