It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia wants 'red button' rights for US missile defence system

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

Obama did recently agree to share British nuclear secrets with Russia. As part of the last nuclear treaty Obama agreed to report on any sales of missiles to Britian. If I remember correctly he agreed to share the number of missiles, the strength, the range, and the model.

I could see him agreeing to this new demand. He is weak in the foreign policy department.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The Russians will bitch and moan about ABM, but none of them really seems to be doing anything about it. From the Russian perspective, this could be compared to the Cuban Missile Crisis. An effective ABM system makes a crippling retaliatory strike questionable, thus defeating the basic premise of MAD.

Although the Russkies fancy new ICBM has some good countermeasures to defeat current ABM, I venture a guess the limited number in the field renders the point moot.

Ergo, barring a 'Kennedy/Kruschev' moment, ABM will be fully implemented, and (in theory) all we worry about is unconventional delivery.

Fine by me, thankfully Russian politicians have less balls than our own
Whodathunkit!?!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The Russians have already infiltrated our government, and have gained sufficient power to make this pass. Otherwise, they wouldn't be asking of something so absurd; this is quite obvious once you are aware the cold war never ended.

I have a bad feeling that we are approaching the end of their sinister plot, and the destruction of the west will soon follow. Communism has won for now.
edit on 8-4-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This little missile shield dooes what? LOL

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Man russians are so sour, they're literally jealous of every western country.
Second line

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Exactly my point. He allready has done it once, why not do it again?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The cold war never ended. Treaties and ambassodors don't change the fact that Russia and the US have been locked in a bitter rivalry since shortly after world war one. The uk and china are both major players as well, and any pleasentires exchanged between these countries will continue only so long as civility stays in any one nations military and econmic interests. In short, we dont trust each other as far as we can throw each other and this little "suggestion" shows just how much we distrust each other. Russia may not be as much of a major player now than they were fifty years ago, but I dont trust a nation that large with that complex of history that stays quiet for too long

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Call me crazy, but I think this is all smoke and mirrors.
Just more nationalistic b.s. to take our minds off the fact that both coutnries governments are spending our money like it's going out of style and they are worried about us finding out and lynching the bastages...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Who the hekll do they think they are they demand the serial number to britians nukes they want the EMO button for the missle defense.

If they give them anything would be against the LAW and treason..

Lets see if your the president it is ok to give away state secrets.

Right Slick willy and the chinese.

Slick willy gave them MERVing tech. Look where that got them.

Why is that guy not in jail.

Why because here serves the best koolaids out there right.

H ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

edit on 11-4-2011 by Rocky Black because: Typos

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
rofl. Dream on, Russia. You'll get a red button about the time that Bin Laden does. Truth be told, I don't trust Russia any farther than I can throw a grand piano. Ally doesn't mean friend, and it most definitely doesn't mean they get access to that particular system, especially when we were mortal enemies less than thirty years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join