It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Will Not Support Obama Publicly In 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It has been recently speculated that Oprah Winfrey will not be supporting Barack Obama’s reelection efforts publicly in 2012.

Winfrey, who was very outspoken about her adoration of Obama, even going as far, as holding a publicized political rally for him during his presidential run in 2008 has decided to withdraw her public support in order to not alienate viewers that watch her new network, OWN, since the network is still rather new concerning finding its core audience.

When the media mogul made her public declaration of Obama, according to a Gallup poll, Winfrey’s favorability ratings went down to 66% (from 74%) and her disapproval ratings jumped from 17% to 26%. Being that Miss O has a lot of media clout, it is not certain how this will affect Obama’s reelection efforts.

lezgetreal.com...

WOW...talk about the heavens falling...this I never saw coming, considering this belligerent idiot Oprah worships the ground he walks on?!
edit on 8-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

No Oprah, No Obama

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
reply to post by Whereweheaded

No Oprah, No Obama

One can only hope!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Oprah speaks, everyone listen. Maybe we'll get a free book.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Money and fame is thicker than loyalty or friends.
I'm glad her channel is not doing well, hopefully people are seeing right through for what she really is.

Yes let hope it all falls apart for both of them.
edit on 8-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'll never understand why anyone cares what some celebrity thinks. Why is their opinion any more important than anyone elses? Do people really decide who to vote for because their favorite celebrity is going to vote for that person? Insanity.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Oprahs support of Obama is a symptom of what is driving her lagging popularity, not the cause of it.

She is racist. And as she has gotten more and more powerful, her concealment of her racism has lapsed. Oprahs core support has always been white middle class women, and even among that group, which has been trained to tolerate a LOT in terms of "lashing out" by black people out of a sense of "white guilt" there are limits to how much racism even that group will tolerate.

People are tired of "black only" clubs, organizations, awards ceremonies, and in a time when whites are suffering pretty seriously in economic terms, they really start to lose patience with VERY rich black people crying about how much their "black experience" has sucked.

SO just not supporting Obama is not going to help Ms Winfrey if she cannot get a grip on her racism.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Oprahs support of Obama is a symptom of what is driving her lagging popularity, not the cause of it.

She is racist. And as she has gotten more and more powerful, her concealment of her racism has lapsed. Oprahs core support has always been white middle class women, and even among that group, which has been trained to tolerate a LOT in terms of "lashing out" by black people out of a sense of "white guilt" there are limits to how much racism even that group will tolerate.

People are tired of "black only" clubs, organizations, awards ceremonies, and in a time when whites are suffering pretty seriously in economic terms, they really start to lose patience with VERY rich black people crying about how much their "black experience" has sucked.

SO just not supporting Obama is not going to help Ms Winfrey if she cannot get a grip on her racism.

Cant wait for that day! to stand up and call it as it is~

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

How is Oprah racist when her lover Steadman and her good friend (Arnold's wife) are both white? I highly doubt a racist individual would be in a long term relationship with someone of a different race. She does do a lot for black people but look how oppressed many black inidividuals are in America. Just because she is trying to liberate people, does not make her a racist. I'm white and I can see it.

She also helped the careers of Dr.Phil and Dr.Oz (Giving them both T.V. shows). I highly doubt a racist person would do that. Oprah is far from racist...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Well, that's very good too, and I hope she doesn't get her popularity back.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by amp1214

How is Oprah racist when her lover Steadman and her good friend (Arnold's wife) are both white? I highly doubt a racist individual would be in a long term relationship with someone of a different race. She does do a lot for black people but look how oppressed many black inidividuals are in America. Just because she is trying to liberate people, does not make her a racist. I'm white and I can see it.

She also helped the careers of Dr.Phil and Dr.Oz (Giving them both T.V. shows). I highly doubt a racist person would do that. Oprah is far from racist...

He has more money than her, even though she has alot of her own. Greed is power, power is greed!

ETA:

how oppressed many black inidividuals are in America

Are you kidding me? !!!! LOL The blacks get everything handed to them. Oppressed my ass! They got Unconstitutional social welfare, there own language, shows, treatment, affirmative action ( even when they arent qualified ) etc etc...the list could take up the entire storage banks ATS can even offer?

Surely you cant be that naive and ignorant? Sounds more like to me, that your an Oprah worshiper....run along to your re-runs, and leave the grown up talk to us adults!
edit on 8-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by amp1214

Rich folk know not to mix business with personal feelings . . . the two don't often run together, let alone the same path.

The only thing Oprah Winfrey is trying to liberate is the money from the wallets of those who make real good followers.

'Nuff said, cuz I've got to run out and get my Oprah-approved shoes to go with my Oprah-approved outfit and Oprah-approved makeup because I've got to go to my Oprah-approved-book-o-the-month meeting.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amp1214

What alternate universe to you live in where Oprah Winfreys boyfriend and best friend are white?

Clearly Stedman Graham has some mixed ancestry.................but its pretty clear he identifies, (much like the half white Obama) as black.

www.stedmangraham.com...

Stedman Graham Partners With The National Black MBA Association To Support Business Leadership In The Local Community

www.greatblackspeakers.com...

www.freebase.com...

Person
Place of birth:

* Whitesboro-Burleigh, New Jersey, United States of America

Country of nationality:

* United States of America

* Male

Profession:

* Writer

Ethnicity:

* African American

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
For the poster abover who said Stedman Graham was white, I beg to differ...

Stedman Graham Source

Race or Ethnicity: Black

Who's sleeping with who aside, I think it very telling that Miss O ran Mr. O's flag up the pole to be saluted in '08, but now Miss O may lay low this go round...Isn't it funny that the rest of the USA can go to Hades in a hand basket, but when the situation begins to impact her OWN wallet, it appears that Miss O's support isn't quite as vocal or visible as in the past....

They both get big, fat O's on my tally sheet...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thank you to the people who personally attacked me.

To whereweheaded - I'm far from an Oprah worshipper, I doubt women in there early to mid 20's are in her age demographics.

I'm naturally a very empathetic individual and when I hear someone belittling another individual, it's hard or me not to stand up. When I was in High School there was an autistic child in my class that the boys thought was funny to make fun of and tease. I constantly stood up or him and even became his science partner in class.

This women really did nothing for you to call her a racist individual. From an observer prospective, it actually makes you sound racist when you call her one. Why are so many humans lacking empathy and basic caring compassion for one another?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Obama is turning against TPTB and his plan to end tax breaks for the rich affects her directly so this is why this is, nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
OMG!! No OPRAH! WTF? SHOULDN'T this be moved by an overly touchy mod to chit chat? WHAT A STORY!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

This women really did nothing for you to call her a racist individual. From an observer prospective, it actually makes you sound racist when you call her one
reply to post by amp1214

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps her only reason for supporting Barack was to promote Marxist redistribution. After all, she and Mr. Washinton (I love him as an actor) did that movie on the life of a communist organizer of the 30's.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You know, when I was a child heroes were people like astronauts, scientists and historic revolutionaries. You know, people who actually made a difference in our development and quality of life.
Nowadays, hero worship is reserved for "personalities", actors, athletes and musical "artists"(and I use that word with auto-tuned tongue in cheek).

What I'll never understand is why people put so much stock in what these "heroes" think or say. So what.
All in all, who cares, and if you do then ask yourself, "Why?"

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
I'll never understand why anyone cares what some celebrity thinks. Why is their opinion any more important than anyone elses? Do people really decide who to vote for because their favorite celebrity is going to vote for that person? Insanity.

People aren't people they are sheeple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join