It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Cornel West - Obama is a Puppet of big banks and businesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Dr. Cornel West - Obama is a Puppet of big banks and businesses

"He has now aligned himself with forces that promote the abandonment of poor people and the neglect of working people. So, I would characterize Obama as a charismatic version of America's exceptionalism where the Keynesian neo-liberalism at home and a neo-conservatism abroad. He is the friendly face of the American empire abroad. Internally, he is a centrist now leaning towards the right. And, he is in the process of becoming a pawn of big finance and a puppet of big business" says Dr. Cornel West, a Princeton professor and a lifetime activist for working class rights and racial justice.

The only disagreement I have with Dr. West is that Obama has been a puppet from the beginning. Half of Obama's cabinet is coming from Wall Street.

But, it's good that at least former Obama lapdogs are coming out against him, and calling him out.

Source

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I had the opportunity to see Cornell West speak live, he truly speaks wise words.

Whats awesome is that is just flows out, he doesn't need a teleprompter to give an amazing speech.

People do classify him as militant sometimes, but seeing the assault on the lower/middle class by the 1 percenters, militant pacifist action is the only way to make change happen for real, without having TPTB suspending constitutional rights completely for national security.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Absolutely, Obama never was a man for the people.

He is and always was a person with little character and a con man who never was a true progressive.

At least West is speaking out, but where are those two civil rights leaders Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?
When are they going to speak out against Obama. They wont becasue they are nbought and paid for.

They are house negroes just like Obama is.
edit on 8-4-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've basically came to the belief that politicians on a very local level (town mayor, etc) may not be puppets of big banks and businesses simply because at that low level the are just beneath the interest of the banks and corporations in most cases. Big cities like LA, NYC, etc being the exception.

But it seems that pretty much all of them a state level (Governor, State Senate, etc) and all of them at a Federal level (President, Senate, Congress) are owned outright by banks and business.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Give any Communist a microphone and within five minutes he`ll blame someone or other of being a "puppet of banks and big business". Nothing original here.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
i am so sick of the anti corporate bs on this site

everywhere i turn there it is.

corporations do not write the laws congress does

you people want to hate something or someone:

HATE THE CONGRESS
HATE THE LOBBIES
HATE THE SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS

as many new government agnecies that have been created the past 2 years and the stupid federal reserve manipulating the entire financial system in this country and all the rules and regulations that have killed business and industry in this country.....

obama is no puppet none of them have ever been

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The corporations are the entities that bribe the politicians who make the laws that the corporations want.
The corporations hire Lobbyists to bribe the politicians. The ones with the most money are able to bribe the most.

Thats why our system is so bad and doesnt work

The Republicans are bribed the most so have little trepidation in telling you who they work for.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

no thats not how that works lobbies do

lobbies for and lobbies against

just exactly what unions and lawyers and everyone else does.

congress write the laws the regulations CONGRESS DOES

and seriously is that all you can do is blame republicans? thats pretty weak considering democrats do that same thing.

ITS CONGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 8-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I see your point, and the blame has to be shared by the people who elect these politicians as well the Congress that represent the public. It's all very convenient to blame the problems on some shadowy government or the billion dollar corporations.

Having said that, the US economy is designed in a way that many of the Corporations will go to any extent if they can earn a buck. Democrats argue we need more regulations. Libertarians argue that we already have enough regulations. Either way we're doomed.

If you think that Corporations are always being blamed unfairly, perhaps you should watch the documentary The Corporations. It puts forth the case eloquently.

new topics

top topics

join