It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7400 votes needed to win w/o WI-sponsored recount. 7500 just "Magically appeared"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by richc

Yes, I know what the party line is on this. Anticipating the reaction from the left, Kos, TPM, etc were the first places I went after I read the article. Irregardless of who this Kathy person has shown herself to be, the dispute-dispute-dispute method (which they learned from Florida 2000) will be the standard MO now until the democrats can come up with something "better". This election is crucial to the left because govt unions are their cash cow. And they've got a real good thing goin stuffing one another's pockets while the rest of us can eat dirt for all they care. 7500 votes didn't appear out of nowhere. 15000 did. The article says a city, but I think it must have been only a precinct. Obviously, not all were for Prosser. If they were going to skew it, why not 9000? Or more?

When people say that the left is a threat to our freedom, they aren't kidding. "Mandates" and "regulations", the feds deciding how we spend the money we earn (F the mortgage and your kids' hungry bellies- you WILL buy health insurance) is NOT freedom. Getting sexually assaulted at the airport is NOT freedom.
Obama has been Bush on steroids times 10 and it's going to get a lot worse if we continue on this course. I learned this, firsthand, from places like Kos, TPM, Firedoglake (not so much from the principles there but certainly people posting there), HuffPo (before it wenrt completely wacko), etc,

Yeah. I think this might be a repeat of the Al Franken thing. And I say this as someone who can't stand Norm Coleman. I still think the accusation is completely bogus. I'm surprised the turnout wasn't larger. (look at November and that Scott Walker was elected to do just what he did. The protests only entrenched that support)
From what I've seen around the left, they learned well in 2000. Now they're going to run it into the ground and break it off.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Dear Friend, I too share some of your frustration with our government, simply because both parties are beholding to their respective donors. I've stated bluntly inother post we need to fund the election process with Government money only. .All other funding should be illeagle. With that aside, I would like to comment on some of your other points.
#1 You still have issues with Al Frankin's votes. It is within the perview of the secretary of state to include all valid votes. It would seem to me that your issues should be with him.
#2 Your problems with being sexually assaulted at the air ports began actually in the previous administration.
#3Your problems with the Patient protection and affordable care act might be over stated. Here is what the actual bill says.
1Insurers must offer same premiums to all applicants of same age sex and geographic locations regardless of pre existing conditions
2Health insurance exchange where individuals and businesses can buy policies with government subsidies.
#3 A firm employing 50 or more will pay a "shared responcibility payment if the government has subsidies one of it's employees.
4Here is your individual mandate. If you are not insured it will not be a crime and no criminal panalty can be attached for non payment of the fine.
5Low income people up to 400% of the poverty will get subsidies to buy insurance
6Small businesses get subsidies to buy in the exchange
7The bill removes annual and lifetime insurance coverage caps
8Some health care coverage will be deemed essential for which there can be no co pay attached
9unding for the prgram will come as a result of broadening the medicare tax on incomes of $200,00.00 for individuals and $250,000.00 filing jointly.. Plus there will be an annual fee on insurance companies and a 40% tax on cadillac insurance policies and a sales tax on indoor tanning services.
10Total tax revenue $409.2 Billion over the next 10 years and $78 billion by 2014.

I have not written this per batem but the essence is 100% accurate
Did you also know that the Congressional Buget Office a non partisan audit panel scored this bill as saving money. Alot of money, in the Billions I think. Simply because people will not have to waite until a catestrophic illness besets them before they go for help. This is preventitive medicine. It will reduce emergency room visits y the uninsured which cost the tax payer alot more than this bill will. I'm not trying to preach at you I just thought you would like to see some of the many good things that are in the bill.
Peace and Blessings
Richc

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by richc
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Dear Friend, I too share some of your frustration with our government, simply because both parties are beholding to their respective donors. I've stated bluntly inother post we need to fund the election process with Government money only. .All other funding should be illeagle. With that aside, I would like to comment on some of your other points.
#1 You still have issues with Al Frankin's votes. It is within the perview of the secretary of state to include all valid votes. It would seem to me that your issues should be with him.
#2 Your problems with being sexually assaulted at the air ports began actually in the previous administration.
#3Your problems with the Patient protection and affordable care act might be over stated. Here is what the actual bill says.

I have not written this per batem but the essence is 100% accurate
Did you also know that the Congressional Buget Office a non partisan audit panel scored this bill as saving money. Alot of money, in the Billions I think. Simply because people will not have to waite until a catestrophic illness besets them before they go for help. This is preventitive medicine. It will reduce emergency room visits y the uninsured which cost the tax payer alot more than this bill will. I'm not trying to preach at you I just thought you would like to see some of the many good things that are in the bill.
Peace and Blessings
Richc

Good boy! I see you've memorized your talking points (although you forgot the car insurance argument, Thank God!) God Love you, I don't know why you're buying all this baloney, but it's none of my business anyway and I really don't care.

To address your points:
1. Al Franken is a COMEDIAN (never mind that he's a complete flake). I see nothing remotely amusing about having him in Congress, no matter how cute and snarky he thinks he's being. (the same goes for Bill Maher and that Colbert character. An ass is perfect symbolism, imo) He was repulsive when he was on Saturday Nite Live. (
Oh! the IRONY of the lefties squealing about Donald Trump. Now *that's* comedy) Frankly, I wished that Franken and Coleman would have a Paul Wellstone moment and we'd be rid of the both of them. What a "choice". Minnesotans are such nice people.

2. Actually, it didn't. Bush was bad enough, but he didn't even approach this. There is NO justifiable reason why the Obama admin needed to take it to the extremes they have. (I also think that they've rather topped Darth Cheney as far as corruption goes- using Michael "The Skull" Chertoff's backscatter machines. Gee, kickback much? (not to mention between the sheets with the exact same neocon crowd) See also: running it into the ground and breaking it off.
What is it with the DLC and manly women in positions of power, as long as I've got you on the phone (so to speak) This isn't a reference in regards to sexual preference, but physical appearance. And Janet. Are these a clone kinda thing lol Janet 1 and Janet 2?

3. Hardly. Please hold your breath. I was on that all along & it's safe to say I'm bound to have "heard it all".
Or maybe that'd be a jinx. I've heard too much (as in "takes the cake". Hell, have the whole bloody bakery just stfu!)

4. Oh yeah, I know about the CBO. Non partisan- is that like "equality" in Obamaspeak? I also know about the fellow from MIT whom the Obama admin PAID some ridiculous 6 or 7 figure amount to say what they wanted him to say. (I said Firedoglake, remember? I think it was 6 figures- $7 or 800,000, thereabouts) As I recall, his "study" wasn't *quite* accurate (and I'm being generous)

I am not your "dear friend" or any kind of "friend" of yours at all, Rich. (how condescending. Should I call you "sweetie" or "hun"?). I just love the screen names you guys come up with; like "freerider" or "soak the rich". They're so...subtle. Don't count your chickens, sweetie. (there. I'll choose *for* you, since I know better than you what you would like)

Oh, and I think you mean verbatim. I don't think there's any such term as "per batem".

edit on 12-4-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: correction

edit on 12-4-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: okay, well it's supposed to be SNIIIP, but it won't edit that way

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogsHow should I begin this?? Hello again! Does this greeting work for you? I thought your issue with the Al Franken election was with a ware house full of fraudlent votes, which in that case you haven't made your case. Indeed your article which you provided a link to stated that the secretary of state's decision made the difference.

Donald Trump doesn't concern me. He's a publicity hound and that is what he is up to. Hope you don't put much faith in him.

Your point about affordable health care concerned "mandates" and as I demonstrated theres no criminal consequence for not having insurance or for not paying the penalty. I merely highlighterd this subject to show you that there is some good in the world still. If you are one of the marginallized and you need medical help it just might make the difference for you. I sincerly hope that never becomes necessary for you but if it does I hope it works for you the way it is supposed to work.

I agree with you that Obama has failed in many large ways. I suspect that our perspectives as to how he's failed varies significantly but then again he is human after all. I think that both of us agree that there is undue financial interest on our political leaders and I don't think either of us like it. Talk about bread and butter issues what did extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealtiest 2% have to do with extending unemployment insurance.If you are one of the unemployed wouldn't that have help to feed your baby? As the name implies, it's insurance ,we pay for it. It's not a handout unlike the tax cuts for the weathiest 2%. Why was it so important for them to extend those tax cuts? Well those wealthy people do donate more to the right than they do to the left. If that is not a good example of how money is corrosive to our democracy, then nothing ever will be.

Oh yes the CBO. When repubicans want to get their budgetary bills scored they go to the CBO too and in those instances it's also referred to as non partisan.

Oh yes, if you would be kind enough to share with me the identity of this M.I.T. professor who received 6 or 7 figures from Obama's administration to suppot the health care package, I would greatly appreciate it. Also if you would provide your source again I would be in your debt.

Thank you for correcting my spelling. Now I know how to spell a word I've been using for years"Verbatim" I've never been a good speller, wish this site had spell check but as long as I manage to make myself understood then I'll have to setle for that.

Please don't be offendedd by my salutation. It was not intended to be anything other than a greeting. It's what people of my genaration uses. So I do hope we can get past our generational differences and continue to have fruitful dialogue.

Peace and Blessings
Richc

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by richc

Re Franken/ Coleman That was the implication of the article, not mine. I found the whole fiasco deplorable (as much so as Florida 2000, though not as cathartic- at least as of now) I posted the link for the purpose of comparison.

I believe it was Jonathan Gruber. A search on FireDogLake or google will provide more information, including comments from other researchers. I don't believe you need to be logged in to FDL to search. There is a link to his "study" is at the bottom of the link below.

A brief search did reveal a useful link for you or anyone else who may be unaware or on the fence. It is
Fact Sheet: The Truth About The Health Care Bill. I will not address this further. If you want to try and sell this scam, make a thread.

fdlaction.firedoglake.com...

Having been there and done that with democrats from 2001 until the health insurance profit protection act, as far as I'm concerned, everything they do is a scam.
I'm done.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogsThis article posted by the above is interesting and so deserves further discussion. However as per posters request I am not asking for his/her's response to my post to this post. If any of you would like tocomment on my post I would be honored to take up the conversation with you.

The link provided by the original poster was to a so called fact sheet on the Patient Protection and affordable care act. That link was written by fire dog lake. The so called fact sheet also included information about the Massachusettes Healthcare reform. I have researched both and I believe that Fire Dog Lake to be providing readers with some misinformation. I will first tell the the instances in which FDL Misrepresented either reform and then I will tell you the actual statistics provided by,
#1 Massachusettes division of healthcare finance and policy, here after referred to as MDHCFD
#2 The Urban Insitute
#3Washington Post
#4Patient protection and affordable care act.

FDL Stated that A study by the state of Massachussettes found that 21% of it's residence forgo medical treatment because they can't afford it.

According to the MDCHFD as of 2006 just before the reform became law 6% of it's residence didn't have health insurance. My question to FDL is if you've got health insurance why would you forgo health treatment?

Another statement by FDL is RE: U.S. Affordable health care -a family of four earning $66370 would pay $5243 by year 2016. FDL says that family would be better to save the money and pay for their health care oput of pocket.

According to the Patient Protection and Affordablee care act. The actual number were 300% of Federal Poverty Line which is $22350.00 times 300% which equals $67050.00. However the tables use $66,000.00 and the insurance product is call the silver line and the government subsidizes 57% of the annual premium and the clients share is $6100.00. Sounds like alot of money and it is but if the government subsidizes 57% then the real world premium would be around $12,000.00. I would like to offer another real world example,MY WIFE recently had a complete knee joint replacement and the cost was over $100,000.00 not counting rehab. So you go ahead and save your $5200.00 or even $6100.00 and see how far that gets you in the real world.

I would like to cover "THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE"
Here is what the U.S HCR act says. Non exempt persons not buying H.C.I. are fined under the "SHARED RESPONCIBITY" clause. However actually having insurance is not mandated by law as there is no criminal penalty for not having insurance or for not paying the fine for not having insurance.

I would like to switch gears now and talk about Mass HCR . AS I said earlier only 6% of Mass 6,000,000 residence were without insurance leading up to the enactment of the reform in 2006.

Mass had a fund which becamme known as the uncompensated care pool or Free Care pool. They created this fund in responce to a federal law entitled EMTALA which stands for Emergency medical treatment and active labor which requires all hospitals and ambulance services to provide care irrespective of the patients ability to pay or residency status. The mass "free care pool was funded prior to the HCR act to the tune of $7,000,000.00 annually and it partially reimbursed hospital and ambulance services for their losses regarding this topic.
Between the years 2007 and 2009 according to the MDHCFD their spending for reimbursing hospitals and ambulance services went down by 38% to 40%

Also according to the MDHCD by 2010 the total amount of mass residents having insurance of one form or another was 98.1%

During the 2010 elections a poll was conducted and reported in the Wasington Post. It asked Mass residents two questions should your future elected senator support the nation Health Care Reform innitiative? and those questioned were divided into three groups, Pro Scott Brown, pro Coakley and non voters
Scott Brown supporters voted 48% in favor of supporting a national effort and around 52% apposed
Coakley 90% support of reform and 10% apposed
non voters 68% support and around 25% apposed

If Mass residents were so unhappy with their health care system then why would we get these results.

Indded neither the national HCR or the MASS HCR is "Healthcare reform" They are both Health insurance reform.
Both lines the pockets of the insurance companies but can any of you tell me where a family of four earning $67,000.00 per year can get health insurance for $6100.00 a year in an open market environment? Your honest answer has to be, you can't. And can any of you tell me you would want to save your pennies to pay monsterous hospital bills. Do you really think you can afford to not participate if something catastophic occurs in your faqmily. This is serious business and serious business deserves serious and honest thought. I'm in a group plan and I thank God I am. I feel for all of you who can't afford to get sick . My God is that a perverse sentence. Buut really don't let this slip through your fingers because some ideologue didn't like the package.

Do you realize that according to the tables that I've been reading a family of four earning $30,000.00 per year would only have to pay $600.00 per year in premiums. That's six hundred dollars per year. It's subsidized to the tune of 97%. That's for you, working America. Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Hannity, all the one's who have talked this down all have insurance through their union. It's called Aftra. The American Federation of theatrical and radio artist. This is your one chance and you need to listen.

Peace and Blessings
Richc

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

reply to post by YourPopRock

This is the second time you've mentioned that Al Franken cheated in the election. Could you please provide links to your proof! As Americans we don't slander people just because we didn't like the outcome of the election. Let's see your proof. Votes being stored in an abandoned warehouse??? Where do you get this stuff?? How does something like that get past the secretary of state. Didn't Al Frankin unseat an incumbant. An upstart has more power to buy an election than an incumbant? I think you have issues that you need to work through. I am not trying to be condensending here. But really, think about what your saying. Please forgive me if I've offended you ,that is not me desire, I just want to know the truth and I hope you do too.Because learning the truth about the issues which affect our democracy is a American obligation. Putting out lies or failing to learn the truth for rank partisan reasons is totally unAmerican. Be an American FIRST AND FOREVER!!!

Peace and Blessings
Richc

#1 it isn't slander when he is a public figure...

and #2... Felons voting illegally may have put Franken over the top in Minnesota, study suggests Hennepin County charges 47 with Voter Fraud

Now as for my issues I have to work through? The only issues I have to work through is how in the world to deal with being RIGHT all of the time!
The flaming libs always whine and cry!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Must be nice to be right all the time. Time has a way of sorting things out. There are real serious issues facing the working class of our great land. Did you get chance to read the post your responded to?

Peace and Blessings
Richc

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Must be nice to be right all the time. Time has a way of sorting things out. There are real serious issues facing the working class of our great land. Did you get chance to read the post your responded to?

Peace and Blessings
Richc

I gotta be honest. You don't seem to let the facts interfere with your agenda. That and your posts are really difficult to read.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Why do I feel like I am reading one of those emails from a wealthy Nigerian prince (who for some reason needs my help with his money) every time I look at the OP's posts?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The information I posted isn't my opinion, it's taken directly from the Massachussettes authority that is responcible for compiling those statistics.

The information I posted about the national program is taken diectly from the actual ledgislation. I did not try to skew the information in any way as a matter a fact part of the information that I posted on the national plan ,that information taken only on it's face would support the agument against the program. So please be careful about your accusation. I am posting this info not for my benifit as I am already well insured, I am posting it because I am a firm believer that there is some good to be garthered in most everything in life. It is a far eaasier thing to through the stones than it is to do your home work as you've already admitted regarding reading my post.

Peace and Blessings
Richc

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The information I posted isn't my opinion, it's taken directly from the Massachussettes authority that is responcible for compiling those statistics.

The information I posted about the national program is taken diectly from the actual ledgislation. I did not try to skew the information in any way as a matter a fact part of the information that I posted on the national plan ,that information taken only on it's face would support the agument against the program. So please be careful about your accusation. I am posting this info not for my benifit as I am already well insured, I am posting it because I am a firm believer that there is some good to be garthered in most everything in life. It is a far eaasier thing to through the stones than it is to do your home work as you've already admitted regarding reading my post.

Peace and Blessings
Richc

And I second my Nigerian Prince letter comment.

By the way... stats from Mass. have nothing to do with Wisconsin.

You aren't in the United States of America, are you?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join