It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS!!! Help's man conquer greatest fear. Could it be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is the First New Thread I have ever started. Punctuation is not a strong point so go easy at least I have Spell check.

Lets answer the burning question first. What was my greatest fear? Death, Plain and simple its on everyone's mind and always has been since the beginning of time, at one point or another.

Next question on your mind might be how did ATS help you with your fear of death? that pretty easy to answer also.
This is a place where some of the greatest minds on the planet post IMO.

So what happens after you die? This is what I personally have come to believe with the help of this forum and its people. Reincarnation. Now this was a very personal journey that took 1/2 a life time to come to fruition. So don't expect me to have all the right answers for your personal quest to conquer your own fear or fears.

But I will post a tiny fraction of the info I have found very helpful on my path to enlightenment.

Evidence for Reincarnation from Western Medical Research

Mainstream Science & Reincarnation

Child's Nightmares and Memories Prove Reincarnation

REINCARNATION - YES IT IS TRUE

Seeds of the Soul By Maiya Gray-Cobb page 119-120 has some interesting facts on the church and reincarnation.

I could post hundreds and hundreds of links I have read on this subject, but I think this is enough to get people started on there own quest for answers.

Now on a more personal note, Since I have became more and more enlightened there has been some very significant changes is my life and soul to say the least. For the first time in my life I feel at peace and happier than I ever have spiritually and physically, Thanks to ATS providing a gate way into research on the subject of death and what happens after you die.

All I can hope for is at least one person find peace like I have from reading this post and investigating the issue like I did. If that happens my goal of this post will be accomplished.

Thank You for taking time to read my first post and i hope you enjoyed it,

edit on 8-4-2011 by pez1975 because: font size error

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would really like to believe this. I am pretty sure this isn't my 1st incarnation, I feel I know more than the average person? As if I have learned it long ago in a way.

However maybe I am just in fear of death being the end. In fear of the waste of it all if there is no reincarnation.

Good post, Very thought provoking.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It was actually Arthur C Clarke who convinced me that there is a scientific chance that reincarnation may actually be true to some extent.

I forgot if it was from the Mysterious World series, or the Mysterious Universe series. I would have to research into that to find out which video it was I watched.

I saw it as a child many many years ago, and it was quite a convincing set of questions/musings.

Since then I have remained open minded about the subject of reincarnation and also I believe there is a possibility it could be totally true. I have seen enough "evidence" to cause me to take it more seriously and to question it deeper and further.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobbWonder
As if I have learned it long ago in a way.

** have learnt. Oh the irony. *face palm*

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
For reincarnation to be valid there would have to be a finite amount of lives to go around. So when the universe was first created did a billion trillion 'souls' come into existence or just 1, then 2, then 3, so on and so forth?
Well it can't be just 1 or there would only be just one now. The same soul would keep on reincarnating into something else, but there would only ever be one life form at a time.
This is why I have a problem with reincarnation because for it to be true 'souls' would have to have been injected into our universe from somewhere else and at the beginning there was no life.
I don't fear death at all, it is the great mystery. If there is nothing after death so be it, just like before I was conceived, it really doesn't matter right now while I am alive in this state of consciousness.

"Memories lost like tears in rain" - Bladerunner.
edit on 4/8/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

How do you know you aren't the only real one? How do you know you are not alone, and just reincarnating yourself into a different made up life every life cycle, and the rest of "life" isn't just a bunch of drones or bots or something?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think about this every time I play the Sims!

Maybe life is like being in a computer simulation, some scientists think this is how the universe really works.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
This is the First New Thread I have ever started. Punctuation is not a strong point so go easy at least I have Spell check.

Lets answer the burning question first. What was my greatest fear? Death, Plain and simple its on everyone's mind and always has been since the beginning of time, at one point or another.

Next question on your mind might be how did ATS help you with your fear of death? that pretty easy to answer also.
This is a place where some of the greatest minds on the planet post IMO.

So what happens after you die? This is what I personally have come to believe with the help of this forum and its people. Reincarnation. Now this was a very personal journey that took 1/2 a life time to come to fruition. So don't expect me to have all the right answers for your personal quest to conquer your own fear or fears.

But I will post a tiny fraction of the info I have found very helpful on my path to enlightenment.

Evidence for Reincarnation from Western Medical Research

Mainstream Science & Reincarnation

Child's Nightmares and Memories Prove Reincarnation

REINCARNATION - YES IT IS TRUE

Seeds of the Soul By Maiya Gray-Cobb page 119-120 has some interesting facts on the church and reincarnation.

I could post hundreds and hundreds of links I have read on this subject, but I think this is enough to get people started on there own quest for answers.

Now on a more personal note, Since I have became more and more enlightened there has been some very significant changes is my life and soul to say the least. For the first time in my life I feel at peace and happier than I ever have spiritually and physically, Thanks to ATS providing a gate way into research on the subject of death and what happens after you die.

All I can hope for is at least one person find peace like I have from reading this post and investigating the issue like I did. If that happens my goal of this post will be accomplished.

Thank You for taking time to read my first post and i hope you enjoyed it,

edit on 8-4-2011 by pez1975 because: font size error

You don't have to be scared, you are on a good path by thinking about this kind of stuff !! Congrats !

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I think the more and more you research the subject the more questions you have will be resolved and the more at peace you will be. Im not claiming to have all the answers just stating what has helped me be more at peace with the idea of death and the after life.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Understood and respected!

But I am totally at peace knowing I could die at any time. . . the tragedy is that I don't!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I once had a dream in which we were all simultaneous reincarnations of each other. In another life, you are me, and I am you. Just a dream, of course..

Relevant? I think so.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
For reincarnation to be valid there would have to be a finite amount of lives to go around. So when the universe was first created did a billion trillion 'souls' come into existence or just 1, then 2, then 3, so on and so forth?
Well it can't be just 1 or there would only be just one now. The same soul would keep on reincarnating into something else, but there would only ever be one life form at a time.

Easy solution.

If there were "less" souls around prior in time, than they could "Split" each time someone dies. Like for example maybe 5000 of us are the descendants of a split soul of one of the Caesars?

Who knows? I am just saying that no matter what reasoning you can come up with to discard the possibility, I can just as easily counter it with possibilities that will revive the potential of the theory.

I seriously doubt we will ever find the answers legitimately to such a complex and difficult to solve equation. Maybe when we die, we will find out. Until then, enjoy the debate!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I believe exactly that. There is a finite amount of "soul energy." Each soul is not unique, but part of a larger piece that incarnates itself over and over in forms from a tree to a dictator. It craves some earthly experience and it seeks out a way to get that experience.

Actually this theory came to me in an answer to a prayer. I'm sure it is already on ATS in a couple of places, but I will tell the short version again. I was upset about my child suffering and possibly not going to make it, and I was upset about an innocent family that had been killed in a freak accident, and I had been on ATS that day reading about tragedies and slaughters in other countries, and my faith in God was waning, so I prayed. I asked why innocent people were allowed to suffer, and instantly, in my mind came the statement, "because they asked for it." That couldn't be right could it? So as I thought about it, more and more explanations came flooding in. Some "souls" need to feel unconditional love, just one time, perhaps they are born and held and admired and then pass on away. Some souls need to feel anguish and suffering to really comprehend it, so perhaps they are destined to give birth to that soul that will only live a few hours. Some souls need to be constantly challenged, and learn to overcome overwhelming adversaries, so that is what they experience, and so on and so forth.

But, my theory did not develop that day. My theory developed when my baby was about 4 months old and all of a sudden the lights came on in his eyes. I honestly believe his soul entered his body that day. He went from being a little alien in an incubator to becoming a live person. He "lit up" and he made eye contact, and he started cuddling and crying. He was a real baby.

But, my theory did not fully develop even that day. A year or so later, my old dog died. He was 14 years old, he was a great dog, I'm a tough country boy, so I buried him. I was sad, but I dealt with it. To my surprise, other people that hardly knew him did cry. Coworkers of mine that had met him a few times, my ex-wife's mother, that had babysat him as a puppy, my own mother cried when she thought of how much her mother had loved my dog. It was amazing, the outpouring was proof that my dog had earned a soul. Somewhere along the way, he had connected with so many people that he had earned that status.

Still, my theory was not entirely developed until I met a "soul-less" droid. We have met them, there are people walking and talking in our society that are just place fillers. They quite obviously do not have a lot of internal things going on, they just exist. They don't connect to other people, they don't care about any particular thing, they just function. The bible even talks about these place fillers, and we are living in the days that they are becoming more common.

So, to entirely connect the theory, I looked back through history, and I thought of all the things that have gone extinct, and I thought of all the rainforest that has been lost, and all the fields that have been cleared to make room for more and more of "humanity." Our population increases and increases at the expense of more and more natural beauty and diversity.

So, throughout history, the sum of all the life force has remained in equilibrium. Much of nature is gone to make room for more and more humans. Many things simply "exist," while other things earn a soul and progress to the next level. Some "souls" do not experience everything they need, and they come back to experience more and more of what an existence here has to offer. We split, we combine, but we keep coming back.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

So like all matter then, the essence of our souls is degrading over time slowly due to the splitting. What was once a whole 'soul' has been weened down trillions of generations to what we have now, a diluted universe of 'souls'.

No wonder we are facing the problems we are facing now. Interesting though, this solves the mystery for 'god' for he would have been the first and only complete 'soul'.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
This is why I have a problem with reincarnation because for it to be true 'souls' would have to have been injected into our universe from somewhere else and at the beginning there was no life.
I don't fear death at all, it is the great mystery. If there is nothing after death so be it, just like before I was conceived, it really doesn't matter right now while I am alive in this state of consciousness.

"Memories lost like tears in rain" - Bladerunner.
edit on 4/8/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

More humans each year... yes
More species become endangered... yes
makes sense from here ;]

top topics

join