It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Note: To any anti-Anarchy/Libertarian on this board

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have been reading several topics on this board for the past few weeks and there is something that is annoying that I read all the time here. There is alot ignorance on what anarchy is and what anarchists believe in. We are not angry young kids wanting attention or angry older contrarians that want attention. We believe if you want a balanced society you need to run it yourself. You run you. There is no central babysitter or Big Sister to hold your hand and herd you into the optimal discision.Thats why anarchy is better than authoritarian bullying because it doesn't have this one rather large flaw in it.We allow you to fail. States do not. That is flawed. because it rewards failure/ineffieciency and keeps failing/ineffiecient systems alive competing agianst the functioning productive systems. Thats why I like Anarcho-capitolism and Anarcho-syndicalism they are controlled by the community outright. They set the local laws how they see fit. If it fails then so be it. The more productive stable community will succeed and grow.

But that is me rambling off ranting again.

-We are non-violent. States are violent we are not.
-We don't advocate violence against a state government. Violence against violence is dumb and pointless.
-We are against authoritarian control systems. You run your life and just stay out of others lives. Simple.
-We believe in strong size restricted democratic communies and local democratically created laws created by that community to defend your right to self and your property from someone else stealing it from you. We create laws that we want. The laws are restricted to that community. Any law can be voted in or out but the population itself votes in the laws.
-We are against centralized power and "leaders"(handlers/Puppets).

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-4-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You cant convince anyone.

Most everyone here is a statist totalitarian lunatic who'd rather beat you to death with a stick than admit anything other than tyranny is possible.

They've been trained in a box and when they think they are outside of that box and get all high and mighty about their predetermined ideas they cant see the slightly larger box they're in all around them.

Either youre happy in your chains or youre a lunatic who belongs in Somalia.
edit on 8-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yeah those of us who are capable of being convinced already know these basic facts. Hah.

Preachin to the choir my friend.

You can say that there are a lot of totalitarians here, and that is true.
But also at the same time, ATS has some of the most open minded and deepest thinking philosophers and political theorists of our age.

Since you cannot find much of the open minded category in other places, I would have to say that it reflects well on ATS due to the high volume of intelligent and well read folks.

Do not let the highly outspoken percentage % of folks who are hard line totalitarian-authoritarians dissuade you from seeking out those of us who are very liberty oriented in our considerations.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
You cant convince anyone.

Most everyone here is a statist totalitarian lunatic who'd rather beat you to death with a stick than admit anything other than tyranny is possible.

They've been trained in a box and when they think they are outside of that box and get all high and mighty about their predetermined ideas they cant see the slightly larger box they're in all around them.

Either youre happy in your chains or youre a lunatic who belongs in Somalia.
edit on 8-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Why do people hate to be free? Why are people so accepting of the Social puppetmasters and Big Babysitter?
Why do they love repression and hate free thought? Why all the war themes in the media? Why does the media glorify the (Bully) law enforcer and dehumanize the enforcee.

Its like TPTB wants the public to be the grinning,subserviant, uncle tom for the elite. They are conditioning us to be loyal,unthinking and silent serfs. Its like they want people to be critically thinking retarded or money-sex obsessed(controlled).

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What about a national defense?
How does that work in an Anarchy?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You cant help a brother out without somebody telling you to?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I appreciate your attempt here, but I have to ask...

... how can you embrace both anarcho-capitalism and anarcho-syndicalism?

edit on 8-4-2011 by Someone336 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

When we are attacked we as a collective defend ourselves. Community by community.

We all vote on defensive action. We all draft a central defense force.

We do it as a collective group. Not oligarchs in the backroom scheming up theft wars.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
I appreciate your attempt here, but I have to ask...

... how can you embrace anarcho-capitalism and anarcho-syndicalism?

I like aspects of both. The communities all don't have to be one form of anarchy. They can be any form of anarchy. Its very flexible for the needs of the group of people operating that system of self governance.

link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Why do people hate to be free?

I wish I knew. The best I can come up with is that they honestly think they are free.

It wouldnt bother me so much if they werent mandating everyone participate by force of law and violence. Like some town in South Dakota or somewhere seceding from their system would cause the whole mess to collapse?

If they have it so good they can keep it. The fact that we cant opt out in exchange for forfeiting all of their wondrous splendor is testament to how corrupt it is.

Who the hell spends hundreds of thousands of dollars to collect a couple grand in back taxes? Fear and violence is all they have holding this monstrosity together.

link   

When we are attacked we as a collective defend ourselves. Community by community.

We do it as a collective group. Not oligarchs in the backroom scheming up theft wars.

Who "leads" the collective defense group? Are there officers and NCO's?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Alright, I gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You cant help a brother out without somebody telling you to?

Yes I can, ok so the army has me, 1 person so far... ummmm... ok
See it's not about me or you, it's about others.

Fair enough but you didn't answer my question
What about a strong national defense?

What you suggested is not a national defense, it's people picking up rifles when/if attacked.
that's not a strong national defense.

That's acting like a farmer

What about fighter jets? Better weaponry? Tanks? Protective armor?
Training? Budget for fighter jet training and fuel?

How does all of that work?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Spontaneous order always rises when it is warranted.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by SirMike

Spontaneous order always rises when it is warranted.

Is that in theory or in practice?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Parts of Africa have anarchy..tends to be the areas with lots of bloodshed, violence and incredible levels of corruption. The plain and simple flaw with anarchy is that it IS survival of the fittest.
For those into games, think of the Fallout universe.
Movies...well, take your dam pick.

The current system works. That is the truth.
Why is it not?

Politicians now-a-days have more akin to monarchs then "elected by the people".
When there is Zero accountability for TPTB from the "common" man, that person ceases to be elected and instead becomes a default Monarch.
"You can vote them out after x years"
Yes,we can. Can we however, force them to keep promises made to the people? Force them out of office? Vote on their policies? Declare by popular vote their laws/regulations/whatever null and void?

Bring back accountability. Stop hiring politicians only from the "elite" class. The list is endless.

The kicker? We can't do a god dam thing.

When SHTF in the future, you'll get your Anarchy.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Who "leads" the collective defense group? Are there officers and NCO's?

They are trained and create ranks of soldiers. The commanding officers are elected based on not on just on civilian popular vote,but on length of experience,quality of experience, and aptitude ability, and by soldier popular vote. We elect our own officers outline thier powers and what they can do and what they cannot do. who they can shoot and who they cannot shoot.

They can be voted out at any time.

The elected commanding officer can appoint his staff and so down the ranks.

But hey I am lay on designing a standing army so take this with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It works exactly how it should.
Rather than having a "military industrial complex" run as a business and advancing and promoting itself through whatever means necessary you would have the network of a successfull community supporting itself, using its means to advance itself peacefully and only turning to "National Defence" when the need arose, not in a pre-emptive dominating campaign of collateral damage and acceptable losses.
I understand it is hard to imagine such a thing but you really only need to turn to somewhat recent history to find your answer, let me help you with your search
look up the American Revolution but dont focus on the "mainstream" overview of events, read into the actual history of how the revolutionary army was formed, what those individuals did prior to the war, What they thought and wrote about the war (both before and after) and what they did after the war

I understand that this example is not an excelent example of an anarchic society but it is pretty close and the example should answer your question.

Its also important to point out, that war resulted in a series of independant communities as pointed out by the OP

-We are against authoritarian control systems. You run your life and just stay out of others lives. Simple.
-We believe in strong size restricted democratic communies and local democratically created laws created by that community to defend your right to self and your property from someone else stealing it from you. We create laws that we want. The laws are restricted to that community. Any law can be voted in or out but the population itself votes in the laws.
-We are against centralized power and "leaders"(handlers/Puppets).

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soltari
Parts of Africa have anarchy..tends to be the areas with lots of bloodshed, violence and incredible levels of corruption. The plain and simple flaw with anarchy is that it IS survival of the fittest.
For those into games, think of the Fallout universe.
Movies...well, take your dam pick.

The current system works. That is the truth.
Why is it not?

Politicians now-a-days have more akin to monarchs then "elected by the people".
When there is Zero accountability for TPTB from the "common" man, that person ceases to be elected and instead becomes a default Monarch.
"You can vote them out after x years"
Yes,we can. Can we however, force them to keep promises made to the people? Force them out of office? Vote on their policies? Declare by popular vote their laws/regulations/whatever null and void?

Bring back accountability. Stop hiring politicians only from the "elite" class. The list is endless.

The kicker? We can't do a god dam thing.

When SHTF in the future, you'll get your Anarchy.

No they don't. They have corrupt authoritarian governments/ruling factions/dictatorships.

Please Stop.

When the SHTF you'll get a authoritarian police state.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So what you're talking about is a medieval system of tribal warlords - a feudalistic "society". You want us to be more like Afghanistan.

Wingnutistan anyone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join