It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder what the average IQ is among ATS'ers. take the test and post the results.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
www.intelligencetest.com...

Average People should have an average IQ, but as near as I can tell - there is no average people here.

www.intelligencetest.com...

If you want to know my IQ - I need 9 people to take the test and I will post my results as number 10.

and no cheating - you can only take the test once. and it will terminate fast - so dont spend too much time on one question. or you will run out of time.
edit on 8-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Personally I don't believe in IQ tests. I don't believe a test can measure real intelligence.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
so far i haven't seen a single claim made by an ats'er below 145.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
so far i haven't seen a single claim made by an ats'er below 145.

Yeah, I also doubt my IQ is 176 as was stated on a few IQ test sites. If I was that smart, I'd probably not be on this site posting my opinions about the government so they could later use it against me in a BS trial in a kangaroo court.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Hey ISRAELdid911,
I'd rather not disclose if I appear to be a idiot or smart as hell..
So long as I can understand what may be a interest to both of us and others... time well spent I'd say!

Last time I took such a test... I really was impressed with my Hillbilly insite..

Have fun with this!

Jesse!

link   

I didn't take your test but I have taken several that werent on the interwebs. I have consistantly placed between 130(ish)-146(highest) so I'd say about 138ish. Nothing too jaw dropping. However, I have this itching suspicion that most of your replies will be 160+. I don't mean legitimately either.

Thats the problem with a thread like this people will either lie, I could be about my score for all you know, or not answer if they don't like their results. I'm just saying don't expect objectivity...
edit on 8-4-2011 by Hoping4Wisdom because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

granted some environmental attributes dictate a few points - but other than that. IQ tests are a good way to judge the gray matter between the ears. and placing that gray matter in line with all other data to form a base line of intelligence

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Mine is above Obama's so I'll take that and be happy! That you can believe in

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I do not think any of us are going to the "Mensa Picnic" this year.

However, There are a few folks here...

That are very bright...Crazy, but very bright

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
well this isn't going as I had hoped. so I think I'm pretty average, even though my brain does not work the same way most of yours works. nothing new - I was born a mis-fit. my IQ ranges - 135 ish to 165 ish,
and I think my Asvab was around 170 if I recall correctly. so that would explain why I was doing the Job I was doing for the Navy.(the recruiter and I fired up a joint on the way to the testing center) yea, it really happend
edit on 8-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

IQ tests measure only a person’s aptitude, or abilities. It does not measure knowledge. So while your child may take standardized tests to measure his knowledge of mathematics or literature, these do not measure intelligence. Likewise, an IQ test will not reveal the level of your child’s knowledge on any subject—only his ability to learn.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

"Personalized IQ report for Steve !

Your age adjusted IQ score is 135 and the average score of all test takers is 100.

Your IQ score is the result of a formula based on the number of questions answered correctly on the test. This score has been further adjusted to account for the differences in capabilities among various age groups."

This is ballpark for other tests I've taken, so OK I suppose.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
IQ is kind of a joke anyway. Just a way to blow up your e-peen. Creativity is much more important. By the by I don't know if you have meet anyone who is "hyper-intellegent" OP. I have and the ones I met were insanely intellegent(obviously) but they had 0 social ability and where incredibly myopic. See forum sig below.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsBringIt

I must disagree, with your position. as you can tell by the questions asked. these are mental problems to solve. and they are in a timed situation - so it does measure how well the brain is developed. and no two people are alike much less contain the same intelligence.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ok first my disclaimer, I took this while working and was a bit rushed and distracted.
That said I got a 98.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
of course people are going to exaggerate their results......

Although i have done quite a few over the years inlcuding IQ and appitude testing when i joined the Australian Navy it varies from time to time.

I have always averaged about 120, the highest i have ever scored was 124 but then i have also had 118 on other test's...

so yup.... i am not a rocket scientist

In Australia they have the national IQ test once a year on primetime TV, it's actually really good

AU - National IQ Test

edit on 8-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

If your tired or rushed it doesnt help your score.

You need to be prepared and alert. Although it helps your score to go faster through the test, if you rush it then of course you have errors.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I scored 104 on the test. Not bad, but as stated, these things are a joke.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Sheesh, guys. Dude asked a pretty straightforward question. I think we're reasonable enough to know IQ tests are far from the end all be all in examining intelligence, and our B.S. detectors are fairly well honed, so why don't we play along rather than complaining about tests or the "inevitable" lies that will pour in.

That particular test clocked me in at 132.

Which is typical for me on test that lean towards spacial relations and math. Verbal/Reading skill and logic heavy tests usually put me in the low 150s. But what the hell do free internet tests know? One of these days I'll put up the cash for the MENSA test and get some actual compelling results.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Mine wanted me to pay for that. So I got a -0 for not paying for that

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join