It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing my dog during sleep paralysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ok, so if anyone goes back over my old threads, they'll find out about my sleep paralysis. Briefly described, when I first go to bed at night rather then fall completely asleep I have fallen into a sleep paralysis, and in that stage seem to be a non participant witness to shadows, spirits, their words (the few times I have heard them speak), etc. So accepting that as a background onto the main part of this thread.

So of course, fall into sleep paralysis last night. Wish I could have skipped it cause I have an interview today. However this time something was different. While I did sense the usual shadows, all of a sudden I see my familys dog, still a young pup at 2 years old but can still a tall dog. She came running in my room and stuck her head next to mine signalling she wanted to be petted. And it felt just like her, her giddy nervous happiness and I could see her just fine in the dark. So without really thinking about it, I move my arm (which feels like I'm trying to force it through sandy weight) and go to pet her. All of a sudden the thought clicked into my mind "Wasn't my door closed?" My eyes shifted over to the door, then back over to my dog, and all I'm left to see was my hand drafting over empty space trying to feel where she is.

Oh, and the door was closed.

So now I'm questioning if my dog spirit walked into my room and if anyone else had a similar experience?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by furzball

I don't really know much about this, but I am curious about 1 detail.
Is the dog still alive?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just to clarify, were you hallucinating stroking the dog or actually moving you hand. It's just that when it happens to me I can barely move my eyeballs nevermind anything else.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I don't really know much about this, but I am curious about 1 detail.
Is the dog still alive?

Yeah, very much so. Right after I walked out of my room to grab some water, have to go by parents room by the stairs. Could hear the dog snooring (yes she does snore).

Originally posted by Suspiria
Just to clarify, were you hallucinating stroking the dog or actually moving you hand. It's just that when it happens to me I can barely move my eyeballs nevermind anything else.

Usually I can move my eyeballs, shift my lips, grunt sounds, and try to move my hands. As much good as moving my hands does me but it helps to pull me out of the paralysis. But yeah, when I saw the dog I reached out for her. But as with everytime that I could move my hands/arm, feels like I'm dragging it through sand. The only thought on that is when I'm in sleep paralysis I'm witnessing things from my own will/soul. So trying to move my body is like my body trying to move in lead clothes. If that makes sense?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My dog had a distinct smell for some reason.
And she died, 7 years ago.
occasionally I smell her.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yeah makes sense, though I've learnt through the years trying to relax my legs / feet & attempting to wriggle my toes works best for me.
Though I've had some seriously wacky hallucinations myself yours would definately be more pleasant than any I've had. Who know's perhaps it occured while you were in the midst of some seriously lucid dream about the dog, or (screwing my new age head on) you caught the dog astrally projecting.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Yeah makes sense, though I've learnt through the years trying to relax my legs / feet & attempting to wriggle my toes works best for me.
Though I've had some seriously wacky hallucinations myself yours would definately be more pleasant than any I've had. Who know's perhaps it occured while you were in the midst of some seriously lucid dream about the dog, or (screwing my new age head on) you caught the dog astrally projecting.

Actually that is the nicest one I remember, usually I see shadow people. Particuarly a man and little girl that I think are travelling spirits. But that was the first time it was a somewhat pleasant experience just cause for once I didnt feel alone against those shadow beings.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

WOWOW!

About 2 weeks ago, I had a bout of the sleep paralysis (pretty common occurence for me). This one was a little bit different, I was laying a position that gave me a view of our mirrored closet doors, so I could see above and behind me in the mirror.

I couldn't move, I was feeling disgusted as usual, and a little apprehensive, not quite scared. I start focusing my energy to try and flip my body over, or disturb my wife, who will subsequently wake me up (I've got her trained finally, she used to ignore me). All of a sudden, I see the dog stand up at attention, and stare above me. I look in the mirror and I see just darkness above me, not a cloud, but just darkness beyond the typical dark room. The dog's hair was standing up, and his lips were quivering like he was going to growl or bark. I got a little scared, plus I knew if he barked, it would wake up the kids, and I'd never get back to sleep, so I focused all my energy and I clunked my wife with my arm. She rolled over and woke me up. I sat up and looked behind me, and of course nothing was there, so I looked back over to tell the dog he was a good boy, but............he was curled up asleep?

Everything else I witnessed was exactly in its place, I know my eyes were open, I saw my arm hit my wife, and I saw her turn over and wake me up, and I saw the dog standing there the whole time, but the dog part didn't happen?

I came to work, and I started posting a thread about it, but I got busy, and it wasn't very articulate, so I just deleted it and didn't post. I'm so glad to see yours, because I have been wanting to tell that story. It is definitely the most odd experience of sleep paralysis that I have ever had!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah it's strange, Makes me remember the books I've read on the spirit world and how it matches this one. But there could be various spirit worlds, one that mirrors our own, others we experience in dreams. Perhaps those of us going through sleep paralysis are getting the spirit world that mirrors our own. So that's why we think we're awake even though we're... experiencing these things.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Interesting in that it seques with the philosophy of the Buddhist monks when it comes to what occurs when we sleep.

Their belief is that In essence when we enter deep REM sleep, our soul/spirit separates from our physical body and into the astral dimension. The soul floats out of our body and It is connected by a thin fiber of energy connected at the navel area of the solar plexus.

Just perhaps this is what might explain what is occurring with the sleep paralysis, in that the body and our soul and consciousness are physically disconnected ? Explaining the difficulty in moving our limbs/bodies ?

Also, another interesting facet of your experience is the fact that you encountered the spirit/soul of your pet dog who was ALSO in deep sleep at the moment as you'd mentioned.

SO apparently you were both in the astral plane at the time which correlates with what the Buddhist monks claim as to what occurs when we sleep.

As well as GetReadyAlready's experience. His dog too was in deep sleep and projected AND with his owner saw the dark cloud above him as well...

Somewhat proving this hypothesis of the ancients.
edit on 8-4-2011 by nh_ee because: typos and addendums

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

I think it's time to get another dog.
My SP hasn't troubled me for years but it's come back. I even had to get up on monday morning at 3am because it disturbed me so much. Never before have I experienced both optical & auritory hallucinations to that extent. It was like I was hearing shifting old radio transmissions.

Seriously yeah I think I need a dog.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've got a story to add to this that correlates to the subject. Last night I was trying the same thing with sleep paralysis as I usually do. When my body seemingly got overwhelmingly heavy, it felt as if i was still in my room but floating above where I was sleeping literally. This happened to me about 3 times. The feeling was if I wasn't in my body but still laying down in my room but next to the ceiling in the same position. This is the first time i have ever achieved such a feeling. My nightly routine me staying still and close my eyes. Then I think about letting in positive energy/beings/spirits while deflecting the negative. Then I just clear my mind until I enter sleep paralysis.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This makes me want to pick up some knowledge on astral, dream travel type stuff. See what I can do at night. Maybe spiritually slip into area 51 lol (though I'd bet it has been tried) But yeah, now it's getting interesting to think about instead of being put off by it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
In the book that I read, about a young Tibetan Monk in the monastery in Lhasa.

While sleeping He would venture further and further away from his body while in this state until he could will himself practically anywhere in the world.
He could visit his old home. Or sit on the peak of one of the surrounding peaks of the Himalayas.

Also once in this realm, the future and past are as a river, one can go one direction or the other.

But he did mention a bad situation, similar to a crash landing while projected IF his soul didn't enter the physical body correctly.

Perhaps this is what is occurring with the sleep paralysis ?

Upon reentering the body something such as a chakra gets mis-aligned ?

Perhaps ?

But I feel it is a phenomenon available to all of us, even though many of us haven't reached the level in which to fully utilize and understand it.

Thank you for sharing OP !

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Interesting that you say that because we know as a fact that the Govt. uses remote viewers to visit/spy on secret facilities !

Also an interesting phenomenon that has occurred with my wife ,is that her parents whom both have passed a few years ago regularly visit her and they actually go places together in the astral plane.

They pick her up and take her places, the last time was on a picnic alongside a beautiful babbling brook and forest setting.

On one excursion together they actually visited one of their old homes together with the connection with her Mom being that her they had both shared a horse barn together at this home.

The interesting thing was that upon visiting the house and barn, they were not as she remembered them as when she had lived there, as would occur in a dream. BUT the house and barn were different from what she remembered the barn as being.

She drove by the home, which isn't far from our own shortly afterwards and it became apparent to her...

....That they really were visiting the house together but in the astral plane which really kind of blew her mind !!

We have a ton to learn about this.

I have mentioned my belief in this from a scientific perspective, I am an Electrical Engineer and in looking at how radio frequency energy functions.

Simply look at how your cell phone operates....it too being electrical AND you can't see any energy entering/exiting the phone but it does exist.

I honestly feel that our brains which are electrical in nature are capable of radiating our thoughts in the form of energy into the atmosphere just as any radio transmitter or cell phone does.....and at our own unique frequency.

edit on 9-4-2011 by nh_ee because: additions...and a few more typos...

edit on 9-4-2011 by nh_ee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think over the years i have documented enough on ATS in relation to my own sleep paralysis that i suffered from since a child. Fortunately i think i have gone about 6 months right now without it but i can never ever fathom it out. I have never had a "Nice" experience when in this situation. Its always for me a terrifying and humiliating experience clouded by dark and sinister entities / beings looking over me. I can always feel the Evil from them.

I look forward to a "Nice" experience but im not holding my breath

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's interesting you would bring this up. About a month ago I had a sleep paralysis event, and while it lasted only a short while the last thing I remember is seeing a very tall and ominous man figure (shadowed), but next to him, facing me and barking in a way to get my attention (non-aggressive) was a german shepherd. The odd part is the fact that I've never had a german shepherd before, now ever known anyone who had one. Nonetheless it was there and attempting to offer what I could only construe as "help". I did feel a lot more relaxed though (still freaked out because it was a frightening experience, but comforted by being able to think about the dog).

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I was thinking of this sleep paralysis thread recently and recall the last bout in which I experienced with this strange phenomenon.

This is why I am responding to the OP as well as anyone else who has experienced this.
Especially those that encounter this on a regular basis.

I find with myself that this tends to occur when I am sleeping on my back moreso than on my side.
As we know, that sleeping on ones back does promote Sleep Apnea which is a form of oxygen starvation or Hypoxia.

I had an interesting experience though. I was in the typical paralyzed state, only able to move my eyeballs it seemed.

But on the side of the bed, which I unfortunately couldn't move my head to actually look at but I could sense a presence and could even hear a distinctive shuffling sound of movement. As if a small animal was rummaging through my nightstand ?!

What the Hay ?!

It was a very Strange.... experience. And certainly was beyond the mere Sleep Apnea hypothesis IMA.

But just curious as to how many experience this paralysis while sleeping on their back vs other positions ?

Another facet of this phenomenon is that alien abductees often times describe a form of full body paralysis while in the presence of their abductors.

I am wondering if this had anything to do with the presence and shuffling sounds I heard and felt the last time I experienced this ?
I've always been interested in the heavens and outer space. Maybe this ties in somehow.

And finally,has anyone here tried prayer while in this state ? Just curious...as it is known to have an effect on negative entities....and why its 'the main weapon used by demonologists. They as in negative entities don't seem to like the words of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...it might be worth a try.

I don't live my life in fear.
But I am very curious as to what this is/was ....
There is a solution for all problems.

top topics

join