It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I've only been posting here for a few months but I already have a routine down. I start at the very bottom with the off topic computer section then work my way up through the sections and threads i usually visit entertainment, general chat, conspiracy etc. .

Well today I stopped before jumping in and actually took the time to really check out all the sections of our board and realized holly shi^e I've never been not even for a second on/in half of them. Now while I know that this makes sense as some things here just either pose no interest to me such as cryptozoology and peak oil, While others just scare me something fierce such as weaponry and Global meltdown. It made me wonder how everyone else utilizes this site.

Do you hop on your personal ATS page and check the threads you posted in, go straight to you own threads, or have a system like me. do you randomly pick sections or ...........

I'm asking for a multitude of reasons. Mainly because I want to expand my horizons and contribute more to this board which after a rough stat I have come to love in a short time. Secondly because I feel that the "Big Conspiracy" is basically right in front of us and we should be trying to connect the dots. (Hey why not try it). Finally because its the weird questions that people think are really inconsequential and the manner that people answer them which really give you a better insight to your fellow posters.

So please answer if you got the time and if you have anything interesting to recommend here than please do. I am very interested in learning all that I can and will listen and check out anything and will never knock anyone else for their beliefs/thoughts.

I may not have learned much in my 30 years on this planet but one thing I believe I have learned is that you can learn some thing from EVERYBODY .

Thanks for reading and replying

That is all

Trowa
edit on 8/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I click the "New Topics" button up top and basically just ride that all day lol. If there's a good thread, chances are it will end up on that page eventually. It automatically adds new topics in real time without refreshing, so I pretty much always keep that tab open and just switch to it every once and a while. I rarely browse specific forums. Thats how I ATS.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Star for first reply and for being a fellow 'Burgher.

That is all

Trowa

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I ATS to late on some post I should post early but i only spent little time on this site, although i can see so many flawed post when i answer is too late, sadly some post are just sad and even more sad than that are followers, like for example the professional post.

I think I am not suppose to name people but lets face it, even that its flawed since everyone is pretty much anonymous.

EDIT: by the way I am the first one to flag and star.

why don't we have negative stars and negative flags anyway?
edit on 8-4-2011 by Arsenis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I usually go to recent posts, mainly looking for new paranormal threads, then i check out entertainment and see who is annoyed in the rant section. I am going to start looking in a new area each day as there is something interesting in each one as i found out when looking in the automobile section recently. Trouble is if i was not strict with myself i would find the day has flown by as there is so much interesting stuff to read.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have an insane way of reading ATS I have been told but I do have slight OCD

I start out with the new topics firehose and look at all new threads in the last 12hrs there, then I go to the Alternative News Firehose and do the same thing. I then check my favorite forums and sort by "newest threads" that way I know what has been posted where and when, this comes in hand when making a thread.
After I do that I check the recent posts page of both the ATS side and BTS side. Then I go and check under the ribbon tab "friends threads" and see what threads that my friends or members I follow have made. I also check a few members pages out cause I follow their threads and or posts in certain threads and on certain topics.

So this is how I pretty much ATS. It's a bit much but I find i don't miss anything that way. I

All the while doing this I am chatting it up in chat having my coffee

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I start with the My ATS page because of my subscriptions & favorites. I open a new tab for the New Topic Firehouse and work between the two.

I don't post much but I read my eyes crossed

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

yeah i just i dunno im a lazy brat,, i just refesh the my ats a few 1000 times a day..

boring i know...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
OK, here is how I roll on ATS.

Step 1. Log on to make sure I'm not banned.
Step 2. Enter a thread of interest and make borderline comments barely within T&C.
Step 3. Log off and perform complex exfoliating treatment using loofah sponge.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I highly recommend it since it works great and my complexion is glowing.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
OK, here is how I roll on ATS.

Step 1. Log on to make sure I'm not banned.
Step 2. Enter a thread of interest and make borderline comments barely within T&C.
Step 3. Log off and perform complex exfoliating treatment using loofah sponge.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I highly recommend it since it works great and my complexion is glowing.

lmao im laughing my ass off here .... log on to make sure your not banned , and then hey i do pretty much the same thing and i live in fear of that u2u saying your banned

thanks i needed this

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
hiya Trowa
I'm lazy also i just keep refreshing my ATS..I'm all over the place i have a wide range of topics i like.. and i also like makeing new threads and posting in others if there interesting..I stay out of the political threads people get to angry in those places
~~~sugarcookie

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far everybody. I gave everyone a star (hope that's alright). Its cool to hear the inner workings of everyone's ATS browsing and I hope some more people reply. I think I'm gonna steal some of a few peoples flavors especially transubstantiation's checking a different section everyday. I could use some of the time I spend in the 9/11 forums they get feisty in there, I read it all but dare not post in there , well hardly

Anyway thanks for responding

That is all

Trowa

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The first thing I do when I come online is go to my messages and check if anyone has replied to me on any threads I've posted on while I've been offline, then I usually go and check the threads I've been commenting on to see if any other new replies have been made, and then I'll usually spend the rest of my time on the recent posts page.

Very rarely now do I actually go into a forum to see If there have been any new threads. I usually just wait for them to pop up on the recent posts page.
edit on 9-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

top topics

join