It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite - Finland, Estonia + halo event , 5th April 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Just to post this to not let it go by unreported.

This tuesday evening around 20.48 a bright fireball was reported seen over northern estonia and southern finland. The brightness was something that of a full moon from distance up to 100km from the object. It lasted only for couple of seconds. There were hundreds of reports of the sighting in Finland.
News reported, that this was brightest that has been seen over Finland for a long time. The object entered the earth's atmosphere near northern Estonia being at around 70km altitude, moved towards North-East and faded at around 30km altitude. They have not yet ruled out the possibility that the meteorite fell somewhere in southern coasts of Finland.

3 part reconstruction by avaruus.fi (a website with space news in finnish), showing the "kilo"scale meteorite falling to Gulf of Finland.

As the event lasted only for around 3 seconds, no pictures have emerged. However, by coincidence, there was another space event just 4 hours later some 500km to the north. At least two people have reported and filmed a halo (optical phenomenon).

The witness from Nilsiä, Finland whose picture is attached to this piece of news (telling about the both events, fireball and the halo), says he saw a blue 'vertical ruler' looking light for about 20 minutes. (Appearing yellow in the picture) He said had never seen anything like it before. Experts say it was a halo phenomenon. www.iltalehti.fi... (finnish)

The other witness from Kuopio, Finland, was actually at a certain look out spot filming, when he saw one brighter pillar for about minute before it faded, and 5 other dimmer spotlights. He explains though that they are not clearly visible in the scruffy image. Some other posters in the forum point out, that what he saw was a halo and/or northern lights foorumi.avaruus.fi... (finnish)

A quick googling, I only found this in english related to the fireball event: lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

edit on 8-4-2011 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by inthemistandfog

This is an excellent report fog. I feel that it's necessary to hear about what's coming in to our atmosphere as much as possible. So thank you man. SnF

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS!!

the same object was seen in new york city.

comparing it to the picture link in the op

edit on 8-4-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

except this image was modified

12 September 2006 22:32:44

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
BREAKING NEWS!!

the same object was seen in new york city.

Ok you got me ! You ain't right at all !

edit on 8-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

is it?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Ever heard of sarcasm......

obviously you guys missed the point, what I posted was the 9;11 twin tower tribute lights. They look similar to the linked image in the OP. Lol some of you guys/gals are so gullible, it was just a little friday morning humor.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

oh.... haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa.

my bad

new topics

top topics

join