It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside evacuation zone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Like Chernobyl most of us didn't realize how serious it actually was till years later. Mainstream media just moves onto the next headlines within a week.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashtanic

robots don't work in high radiation unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well, nobody forced those people in.
Does their reading now confirm the official version of events?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
this video is absolutely insane. it conjures a spectrum of emotions. somebody should submit it to CNN's lame "iReport" thing and see if it takes

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
star and flag for you and if i could a beer and/or a warm meal for those souls that went in there.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by STL0913

RIGHT ......

The emotional impact of this video is astounding...

Too bad the mainstream media is just about lying and will never present the truth, the truth that can be found in these videos.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Stunning.

But hardly surprising.

This is how modern-day disasters are dealt with - tell the people NOTHING.

If they're not alive to sue you, there's not a problem.

The less the outside world knows, the better.

This is, to say the least, incredibly scary.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

you would hope so.

Probably not.. I know I would try though.

It's very eerie to see that huge area of japan just full of ghost towns

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

wow i always thought journalists were crazy getting in the middle of raging protestors, gun fights etc but this tops it all u seriously have to be crazy to even want to be 20 miles from that thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
wow thanks for the clip!!

Very eerie driving through evacuated area's and to see the damaged roads just left there.I feel so sorry for all those animals that are stuck there....

I had one thought.... Radioactive animals = Superpowers!!!

Sorry bad joke. I wish they could have taken the dogs with them....

I want to add that even though it was good of them to go into the zone and take this footage... ARE THEY CRAZY!!!

It's radiation
At least the truck drivers had suits and mask's on, these guys are walking around unprotected with the radiation alarm going off!

Well when they get cancer they will know why........
edit on 9-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Reality Check: How much radiation is too much?
www.cbsnews.com...

Q. How can radiation hurt us?

A. Too much radiation in a short time can cause deadly radiationsickness, with its signature symptoms of nausea, dizziness and hairloss. High doses can also cause cancer decades later. It can lead to congenital defects in future children of exposed adults.

Q. So how much radiation is too much radiation?

A. Natural background radiation in the environment variesgreatly at different places on Earth, depending on altitude,geology and other factors. In theory, any increase in radiation can lead to a higher risk of cancer. In practice, though, population studies find no apparent elevated risk of cancer even at the highest levels of background radiation. And the most respected radiation experts say people can tolerate at least 10,000 millirems(100 millisieverts) in a short period with no discernible harm. On the other hand, much larger doses - like 400,000 millirems or 4,000millisieverts - will cause radiation sickness and cancer in many people. That would be the rough equivalent of 40,000 chest X-rays.

Q. Weren't the workers at the nuclear plant treated for burns after coming into contact with radioactive water? What if someoneswam in the ocean off the coast of Japan?

A. The kind of radiation levels the workers experienced causesunburn-like burns in about a half-hour to an hour. But swimmingnear the plant is banned, and radiation levels of water dumped inthe ocean decline quickly with distance from the complex.

Q. What radioactive elements are leaking and what are the risks?

A. Measurements so far have focused mostly on iodine and cesium,which were responsible for most of the radiation dose to the public at the Chernobyl disaster. Radiation from iodine-131 dissipates quickly, falling by half every eight days, so that it's virtually gone in 80 days. Its danger is that if inhaled or swallowed, it can concentrate in thethyroid and cause cancer. Cesium radiation sticks around much longer, taking 30 years to decline by half and 300 years to virtually disappear. Cesium can build up in the body and high levels are thought to be a risk for various other cancers. Still, researchers who studied Chernobyl could not find an increase in cancers that might be linked to cesium.

Q. Will ocean creatures be harmed by the discharges of theradioactive water?

A. Experts say animals very near the plant may face problems like higher rates of genetic mutations, but that this would probably happen within only maybe a half a mile or so.

edit on 9-4-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by conar

A. Experts say animals very near the plant may face problems like higher rates of genetic mutations, but that this would probably happen within only maybe a half a mile or so.

Reminds me of something in the recent past -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ca02974c3db.jpg[/atsimg]

I wouldnt be milking those cows anytime soon as well...
edit on 9-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It may seem heartbreaking looking at all those evacuated towns... but have we forgotten something???

TEPCO is compensating the residents of all those towns with $12 each!

What a relief!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

wow $12!

Amazing compensation!!

Edit:

I am not sure where you are getting your information but i just found an article that contradicts those figures -

The Mainichi Daily News

The government and Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) are considering paying lump sums of 1 million yen to residents evacuated from areas near the tsunami-crippled nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f728a817d45.jpg[/atsimg]

(Caption:The headquarters building of the Tokyo Electric Power Co., also known as TEPCO, at the base of the communications tower in the middle, is seen in Tokyo Monday, March 28, 2011. (AP Photo/Greg Baker)

Payments are also being considered for affected farmers and fishermen. The payments would be a stop-gap to tide those seriously impacted by the Fukushima nuclear crisis over as TEPCO and the government go through the long and laborious process of determining who is eligible for further compensation and the exact extent of the damage inflicted.

Full Article

To put that into perspective to the AU or US dollar -

1,000,000.00 Yen =

$11,164.00 AU$

$11,746.74 US$

Coversion courtesy of - coinmill.com...

Lets hope this amount is more accurate than the $12 amount.......

edit on 10-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just saw this video on CNN. They showed a decent amount of it and talked to the guy who made it. I'm just glad they're still reporting on it.. if they stopped talking about the crisis altogether I'd know that something real bad was up

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join